Chambering and bullet used?

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
http://sebrests-usa.com/
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Nestucca
Shot the ladder then started to fine tune and thought I was going to end up at 69.5.

Can you post a pic of your ladder?

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[video:youtube][/video][/quote]

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Kiss,find pressure and rock on. Hint.

On a new rifle,I'm done with "Load Development",before I even put bases on the receiver,let alone a scope. Seldom does that take more than (2) powder charges. Hint.

I've got 100's and 100's of spouts,keep GOOD notes and tend to pay attention,to that which matters. While rifles talk,nobody seems to listen. Hint.

Brass of repute,loaded in dies of repute,with propellant of repute,with primers of repute and projectiles of repute,will never not do sensational things,in a rifle of repute. Most mechanical woes,are base,rings and optics driven. Hint.

New rifle from last pass. .003" constriction,positive headspaced and a Smooch...outa' the fhuqking gate. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

It simmered,as moly was laid down and is a Skookum platform. Hint..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

Leave the chronograph at home

Impacts on paper at long range matter
Always have, always will. Though the further out you get ES does start to matter if its horrible. But a good paper test tells more than a chrono ever will.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Shot the ladder then started to fine tune and thought I was going to end up at 69.5.

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by xphunter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Shot at 400 yds to fine tune and settled at 69.0

Getting pretty tight there!
It’s A 77 mark ll that was a .300 Winchester that shot in the .3s throughout its life until I had a new barrel installed and rechambered it in 7 mm Remington Mag and rebedded. I’m shooting 180 vlds in front of retumbo at 2900 fps and have shot it out to a mile. The group is 1.266”s which puts it in the .3s as I saw at a hundred yards during the load work up and barrel break in.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Shot at 400 yds to fine tune and settled at 69.0

Getting pretty tight there!
It’s A 77 mark ll that was a .300 Winchester that shot in the .3s throughout its life until I had a new barrel installed and rechambered it in 7 mm Remington Mag and rebedded. I’m shooting 180 vlds in front of retumbo at 2900 fps and have shot it out to a mile. The group is 1.266”s which puts it in the .3s as I saw at a hundred yards during the load work up and barrel break in.

So no Audette ladder as you posted?

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Trystan
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Something damn sure eroded all that success and it isn't hard to figure out what is was either.....Lauphing

Like I said! Almost made it but not quite

Congrats, you made it on the radar.

Enjoy what follows.

If you boys want to meet up in person and sort this out like real men just say the word! I'm not against putting together a legal event where the campfire touph guys and loud mouths can meet up for a videoed event that can be posted on the campfire for the veiwing pleasure of all! I personally think a lot of people would be surprised how many pussies are touph when there on the end of a keyboard and I know for a fact many here on the campfire would love to find out who's really who

Of course there's always slinking around behind the shadows trolling people that the scared schitless chickenshit kind prefer. I'm not part of that crowd

Trystan

Are you talking about a shooting contest?
Or a spelling bee

Just having coffee this morning and that comment almost made me spit my coffee on the floor.....Lol

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
Originally Posted by Ringman
Are you talking about a shooting contest?

You know, I think I'd pay to see RC, Burns and Stick in a live LR shooting match at 600+ yds. They could shoot their mouths first, then the rifles - I would be EPIC!

I would pay good money to see that as well.....Lol

Really, instead of all the arguing we should all meet up for a videoed event. We could have a spelling contest, a shooting contest, and cage fights for anyone who wants to do that! The video could be released for sale to the campfire to pay for the event and a cash reward for winners of each event. I think it would go viral

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
600 Yrds Ain't far, try 1000-1200, then a Mile. then break out the tape and start measuring Dicks. Rio7

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Start at 400 to make everyone feel good, then 600, 800, 1000, 1300, 1500, and a mile.
I would make the mile just for fun and giggles.
If shooting steel, just make all the targets approximately 1 MOA in size for the distance being shot.
Up to 2-shots per target, with the 1st shot impact counting 2 points and if they hit it on the second attempt one point.
Beyond 1K give three shots, with first round impact being 3 points, 2nd round hit 2 points, etc...

8 and on can get snarky real quick depending on the conditions and or target size and or varied field shooting positions.
Depending on target size and conditions, even 600 can be humbling.
Steel is easier in the sense, you can see to correct easier (depending on how you set it up), however a large paper target...

If someone pulls out a comp rig for a 2-mile comp, obviously they would have an epic advantage, if they know their drops and are decent at reading conditions

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Paper doesn't lie.

They could each shoot a 600 yard F-class match. The format wouldn't leave any room for creative interpretation and the results would be published by a 3rd party, the witnesses would impartial. None of these guys would clean the target.

It would be like a postal match with real verification.

We could call it the "Gynophobe Invitational" laugh

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
True
TR or Open?
There are more 600 yard F-Class matches around than there are 1000 yard.
A 20 shot string does tend to tell you how good you are at reading conditions and how consistent your set-up is.
I have shot F-Class very little, and most of mine was at 1K. I also shot at 8 and 9 a few times.
I have never shot at 6 yet.
I keep trying to get Dan to go with me to some of the closer 600 yard matches, but we haven't done it yet.

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
True
TR or Open?
There are more 600 yard F-Class matches around than there are 1000 yard.
A 20 shot string does tend to tell you how good you are at reading conditions and how consistent your set-up is.
I have shot F-Class very little, and most of mine was at 1K. I also shot at 8 and 9 a few times.
I have never shot at 6 yet.
I keep trying to get Dan to go with me to some of the closer 600 yard matches, but we haven't done it yet.
Open would let them showcase their "knowledge" of cartridges too.

I predict Rick would take it. He's the only one among them that has allowed the hot light of competition shine on his shooting.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Paper doesn't lie.

They could each shoot a 600 yard F-class match. The format wouldn't leave any room for creative interpretation and the results would be published by a 3rd party, the witnesses would impartial. None of these guys would clean the target.

I can clean a 600 yard F-Class target with my 44 mag!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Paper doesn't lie.

I can clean a 600 yard F-Class target with my 44 mag!

…if you wrap a scrubbie around it and use Pine Sol

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

661 members (007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 73 invisible), 2,885 guests, and 1,378 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,478
Posts18,451,845
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.