Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#17967203 01/02/23
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Verizon - the last major carrier still supporting 3G phones - has pulled the plug. If you are still using one, you are now officially SOL. Service ended Dec 31st. LINK

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
planned obsolescence....

easier for the government and big business to track us better with....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
You could say the same thing about phone booths or typewriters.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Phone booths and typewriters would be very useful items if the tech world did not lie and say they were obsolete. Typewriters do not require power and phone booths don't get lost, fall in the toilet or track your every habit.

Last edited by OldHat; 01/02/23.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I had a 3G phone, I had to switch over to 5G last summer. I am with Verizon. I still have the flip phone.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
My 3G Verizon phone had to be replaced with a 4G some two years ago. I was able to use my wife's old Samsung S5. It's pretty old and creaky, but it serves as my emergency phone just fine. I'll hold out getting something newer until they phase out 4G, I hope.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
To the last 200 people in the USA who still had 3-G

LOL

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
What about Dial Up?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OldHat
Phone booths and typewriters would be very useful items if the tech world did not lie and say they were obsolete. Typewriters do not require power and phone booths don't get lost, fall in the toilet or track your every habit.

Happy camper rube…..

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Squidge
One more advantage to having a 2004 Tacoma

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Last phone bill from Verizon was middle of December showing they owed me 79cts. I didn't upgrade my home phone. I use my cell for everything...mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Still have a box of carbon paper around here somewhere.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by slumlord

LOL

Maybe they don't need a phone, that the companies can convince all the other people they need a "SMART PHONE" because they are really stupid in reality....

My phone they have canceled, I've used an it worked just fine for 16 plus years. and yeah it is a flip phone...

guess some people are Smart Enough on their own.. that they don't need a "SMART" PHONE.

Yeah I went into a mini mart to get something to drink last week.. there were 5 other people in there, just standing around doing nothing, but having their "SMART" phone in their face, and pushing buttons... like some sort of Zombie... yeah our society needs more of that...

they ought to call them a dumbass phone instead.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Seafire, you live in Oregon. Land of Voting Dumbasses.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Seafire

LOL

Maybe they don't need a phone, that the companies can convince all the other people they need a "SMART PHONE" because they are really stupid in reality....

My phone they have canceled, I've used an it worked just fine for 16 plus years. and yeah it is a flip phone...

guess some people are Smart Enough on their own.. that they don't need a "SMART" PHONE.

Yeah I went into a mini mart to get something to drink last week.. there were 5 other people in there, just standing around doing nothing, but having their "SMART" phone in their face, and pushing buttons... like some sort of Zombie... yeah our society needs more of that...

A phone is just a tool. It makes the user neither smart nor dumb, good nor evil.
Just like a gun, it doesn't change a persons personality, just amplifies it.

If you can't figure out how to be responsible with a smart phone, that's a you problem

Of course, if you really love your 3g phone, and are willing to pay all the marginal per user costs of maintaining a 3g network, we could do that for you, but your bill would be about 10K per month.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 01/02/23.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire

LOL

If you don't want to partake in the technology then don't. Don't expect the provider to limp your old ass through supporting obsolete tech to appease you.

What about 5G/smart phone capability are you opposed to, specifically? Or is it the fact you have to replace a phone after 16 years? Oh the humanity!!!

More likely you just like to bitch about something, anything. Stick with a land line or better yet Pony Express. Worked forever right?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My 3G phone service quit a year or so ago. I have a 4G phone now. Will probably be the last cell phone I have. 5G can suck it. I'm just about done with cell phones anyway.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OldHat

Or bend over to pull the starter rope on your kicker outboard and the phone falls into the lake out of your shirt pocket.

Ask me how I know.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There are lots of places around here where we could climb a hill and get service back in the analog days. No more. There were quite a few places where you had 3G, but no 4G. Gone, too.

Speed ain’t worth dick if you don’t get a signal.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (44mc, 6mmCreedmoor, 7887mm08, 10Glocks, 7x57Hunter, 10 invisible), 1,605 guests, and 854 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,236
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.