Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Skeet330
Found a 221 fireball at a pawn shop. Is there any use for this caliber.

It is a cz and I love their rifles but I have a 22 hornet and a 223 already.

Is it hard to load for?

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Not sure I want to spend the $$$$

Buy it, you'll like it and the Hornet will likely become real boring to you. My .221's are both on small Sako actions and feed perfectly. The Fireball, a junior version of the .233 will surprise you. Very effective with 40's at 3450 on everything from groundsquirrels to rockcchucks, badgers, skunks, crows, even a coyote. Barrels last a long time. The 33gr. VMax which is avaliable has terrible BC but works fine on pd's out to not real far. I can't speak for brass availability now. I've used Rem. for years with no problems, but have a bunch of Lapua, IMI, and LC .223 formed to 221 and 17MIV, but not yet finished. A bit of work but worth it I think.....cases can be made to fit the chamber better. For varmints the .221 will become a favorite.

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Little dikk have you ever owned a 17? Crank the projectiles to 4100 + fps and watch twit birds explode, see hydrostatic shock on a boiler room hit on a coyote. No recoil, no blast, it’s magic. 17 fireball suppressed retires every rimfire. Make the 17hmr obsolete. Makes the rest boring. A puff of feathers wafting through the breeze. Hint. It’s cool

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cumsincowboys,

You are in soooooo fhuqking far over your pointy head,it's a shame you haven't the 17 IQ Points requisite,to have an inklling...you "lucky" Kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Lilja MR,TT,Outlander,bushed bolt,yada,yada,yada. "Luckily" you "get" to read about it,as you "live" vicariously. Hint.

Dangle some pics of "your" wares,for even more oblivious HILARITY. Dare ya'! Hint.

As an aside,how many times a day do you think about me,what are the duration(s) of same and what am I wearing? HINT.

Pass the 223AI and hold The Fluff. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Dangle a pic of said wares

No problem.........

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

J Sipp & Son Custom Sako, 221 Fireball

ya!

GWB

That's beautiful. But....it's not rusty and on gravel, in water, with a dead fish and dinky fishing rod. And polka dots would make it even more like a real gun. Yeah

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ackmam,

Keep extolling your amazingly long list of very WELL founded Insecurities and I'll happily fuel same with wares that exist...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Receiver is on it's 3rd spout. Mike Rock 1-7" 223AI contour dupe,with shortened shank at 21". 75'Max at 3150fps. LW's Puked and Reupold Puked,though unfortunately,not at the same time. Hint.

You Melting Snowflakes are a "rugged" lot! HINT.

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for TRYING though.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

17 Mach IV, 221 Fireball, 20 VarTarg

of the three, the VarTarg is my fav.

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
But you missed the beer bottle cap with all 10 shots.

Somebody was bound to say it laugh

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by drover
But you missed the beer bottle cap with all 10 shots.

Somebody was bound to say it laugh

drover

What can I say, a shot not taken is as good as a miss!

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Ackmam,

Keep extolling your amazingly long list of very WELL founded Insecurities and I'll happily fuel same with wares that exist...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Receiver is on it's 3rd spout. Mike Rock 1-7" 223AI contour dupe,with shortened shank at 21". 75'Max at 3150fps. LW's Puked and Reupold Puked,though unfortunately,not at the same time. Hint.

You Melting Snowflakes are a "rugged" lot! HINT.

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for TRYING though.

there ya go...

1. Rifle stock camo'ed with daughters Nail Polish
2. Rifle in water with dead fish.
3. Scope rings, scope , barrel and action covered in rust...

from the guy who spends all of his time trying to convince everyone what a hero he is...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
small twig: You don't even know what you are cursing about do you?
Go back under your rock... PLEASE!
And stay there.
Or go throw another gun in a river you stupid ass.
He-he.
Laughing, at small twig so often anymore, is getting boring.
You have to feel sorry for such a small man!
Oh well - takes all kinds.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

VG,

you got Schtick ALL Wrong!

Best entertainment value of the www...

Tries incessantly to IMPRESS everyone else of what a genius he is, and just needs his two working brain cells to do so...

Schtick is where the saying " A Legend in his own mind" came from... He takes it as a compliment...

By the way.. Happy New Year Stumpy....all the best to you....
Enjoy your Alpo "Corn Beef Hash" Su-fflay tonight...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Ya know where the name for the 221 came from....

Schtick....that's where...

he was getting drunk, and spilling rum all over his crotch on the couch watching TV...

then was lighting his bong, and accidently dropped it over his crotch....

And that is where the term Fireballs originated...

True Story!

I read it in the Anchorage News Paper... Research it in their archives.. the article was Titled " Little Short Dork, Sets Balls on Fire on Prince of Wales Island"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

Simply cite how many times a day,you think about me and the duration(s) of same,as you extoll your Toxicology Report...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,you Delusional Whack Ball Fhuqk.

Though don't "forget" about your Opiate Addled "stance",with Imaginary Pretend Ignore. Hint.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Seafire
Ya know where the name for the 221 came from....

Schtick....that's where...

he was getting drunk, and spilling rum all over his crotch on the couch watching TV...

then was lighting his bong, and accidently dropped it over his crotch....

And that is where the term Fireballs originated...

True Story!

I read it in the Anchorage News Paper... Research it in their archives.. the article was Titled " Little Short Dork, Sets Balls on Fire on Prince of Wales Island"

Damn, his one big accomplishment, other than felling that 28" tree with a 24" Homelite.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You gals should combine "forces",so as to bolster the amount of time you fixate my genitals...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Simply pardon the ease,in which I accomplish that which is IMPOSSIBLE,for you and your "abilities". You Melting Snowflakes are a "rugged" lot! Hint.

Fortunately for you Crying Kchunts,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you gals can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Happy New Year Stumpy....

Hope it is a great year for you.. and congrats on making it thru another one... without blowing yourself up or burning down the double wide...

May you find peace and joy thru out the new year...

and your genitals Stumpy.. I'm sure they mirror your two working brain cells.. ya must think of us, hoping we are thinking of you, as you choke your gopher half a dozen times a day...

that is probably how you lube the bolts on your rifles...

Ain't easy being Schtick, is it?

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Seafire: I agree with you "its not easy" being a small man syndrome, egotistical, profane, Napoleon Complexed, nit-wit like small twig.
The dufus now known as "schtick" or "small twig" is good for exactly ONE thing - and that is to laugh at!
Not to laugh with, but to laugh at!
He-he.
Heres laughing at you small twig.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Both you Delusional Dumbfhuqks KNOW better than to dangle a pic of your own and your outright Lying Fhuqking STUPIDITY,is plum fhuqking amazing...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Homoerotic thoughts and trying not to schit your own pants,CONSUME your day(s). Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

V
V
Does anyone have a 700 LVSF for sale or trade?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bought a N.O.S. XP-100 .221 in a small town hardware store somewhere around 1989 or 1990. Put a 6X Tasco (Jap) 30mm Pro Class A.O. on it and played around some.

I'd have to dig up my notes. But loaded Hornady 52 gr. HPBTM over 4198 and went and shot deer with it. The match bullet held together well for poking them in the ribs and they died without fanfare. Shot some groundhogs out to around 300. The match bullets weren't great for groundhogs. Didn't always open. But, in the right hands (not mine) it'd go 5 shots under an inch at 100. It's been in the safe, and not shot in about 15 years.

It'd have to be pretty fun in a compact rifle.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I've had L461 Vixens in 221, 222, and 223. The 221 was a nice idea but not worth it after the honeymoon. Furthermore, they are not quiet! A 223 with a mild but full power, or a Blue Dot load turned out to be much more practical and satisfying, but then again, I'm not wanting to have a large collection of rifles that require diagnosis to get them to shoot their best. In my view, Blue Dot in a 223 made the Hornet and 221 unnecessary.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
103 members (160user, 10Glocks, 35, 308ld, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 13 invisible), 1,693 guests, and 758 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,775
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.