-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I’m a roll kinda silent guy in the woods and the Beepers on my Tacoma were driving me freaking crazy. I get out to open my gate with my keys in the pocket and the under hood beeper announces my arrival. I leave my keys in the truck so I don’t lose them, it announces that too. I leave my seatbelt unhooked so I can get in and out quick, it reminds me of that. I have all my chit in the passenger seat, it thinks someone is there unbuckled and reminds me of that. my door open, it reminds me of that….

Not anymore. The beeper under the hood is very easy to unplug and then I did this in the video. I also found a used buckle to click into the passenger side.

Hope this helps someone.

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
You forgot to mention the lights, coming on every time you open the doors,start the truck, Today's pickups are built by Lawyers for Mommy's Rio7

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
No doubt

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Don’t know in the Tacoma generations, but in my 2020 Tubdra the seat belt chime is shown as a “user preference” and can be disabled by the dealer (per the manual). I didn’t know this until after the fact, but an OBD2 module to talk to my phone and an app on my phone did it in about 20 seconds.

The dealership had told me when I bought it they couldn’t do it, quite belligerently. Didn’t know how. And it was illegal.

After the rating I gave them after the purchase when I found it in the manual and Toyota corporate called me confirming the dealer should do it for free, they (dealer) apologized profusely and wanted to know how to get my future business. Sorry Charlie.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BM6KYPGM?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Cost me no gas or frustrating interactions with stupid humans

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 01/04/23.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We have an '18 Toyota Highlander. It has a very annoying seat belt alarm. The web has any number of ways to turn it off but so far I can't get any of them to work. The alarm will go off by itself after 90 sec. but that's a long time to drive with your eardrums being assaulted. Besides, I only need it off for large parking lots and my driveway.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
JL, Just so you don't feel too bad....
My new truck (2022 Ram) has the push button start, so the key fob just stays in your pocket, you put your foot on the brake and push the button and off you go. No big deal. But, if it is running and you get out with the key fob in your pocket and shut the door, it chirps the horn 3 times. Not some annoying interior chime, the [bleep] horn. Not a big fan of getting honked at by my truck, and that is an action I do at least 2x per day.

Apparently this is to keep retards (no offense) from leaving their truck running in the garage and killing themselves. Because now that there are electric cars, we have apparently all turned retarded (no offense) and can't figure out how to turn off a car? Anyway, extremely annoying, and the internet is having a hell of a time figuring out how to turn it off without rewiring the horn entirely.

Last edited by cwh2; 01/04/23.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My tundra is the same way. So damn annoying, especially at the boat ramp early in the morning.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
People are pulling the horn fuse to avoid it, so they have actually created a safety problem in the name of safety.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cwh2
People are pulling the horn fuse to avoid it, so they have actually created a safety problem in the name of safety.

Yep.

Luckily my exterior beeper was under the hood and easy to find.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 01/06/23.
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

681 members (160user, 16penny, 10ring1, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 2,500 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,140
Posts18,464,866
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.