Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
If you're in Dallas for the convention, how's it going? Well attended?

RS

GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I went the last 2 days. Very busy. Saturday should be swamped.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
I was there all day Thursday. It was busy. Some outfitters I spoke to were nearly sold out for 23, others had plenty of quota.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Going today,

I have "CDO". It is just like "OCD" except the letters are in alphabetical order LIKE THEY SHOULD BE!
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I went yesterday. Crowds started around 11am. Several people commented on how much better it is this year than last year. Lots of deals going around as outfitters and vendors try to get things sold before there is (possibly) a recession.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Woke dsc jmho

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Bullhead
Woke dsc jmho
I have no idea how you jumped to that conclusion.

S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
I bet most people there are woke too.Don't get fooled by the african theme, all the guns etc... Look at AR,most posters there hate Trump are multi vaccinated and are against for speech.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by swiftshot
I bet most people there are woke too.Don't get fooled by the african theme, all the guns etc... Look at AR,most posters there hate Trump are multi vaccinated and are against for speech.

You've obviously never been to DSC have you? AR sucks though and so does it's owner. You're right about that one.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Woke dsc jmho
How did you arrive at that conclusion? Were you at DSC this year? Any year?

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
You’re in the same boat as bullhead, the USS clueless.

S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
I've been there a few times.Most hunters are woke, it doesn't matter where.I am sorry to disagree.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I've been there a few times.Most hunters are woke, it doesn't matter where.I am sorry to disagree.

You have every right to disagree, but that doesn't change the fact you have no idea what you're talking about. Guessing you're a covtard too like this jdollar idiot.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
even in Oklahoma

S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by JGRaider

You have every right to disagree, but that doesn't change the fact you have no idea what you're talking about. Guessing you're a covtard too like this jdollar idiot.

you have not been brought up right

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yep there Thursday look at the board members half none hunters with Biden sticker on there cars.Was a member starting in the 1980s dropped out after mission statement went South. Jmho

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
even in Oklahoma
You've been to Oklahoma?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Yep there Thursday look at the board members half none hunters with Biden sticker on there cars.Was a member starting in the 1980s dropped out after mission statement went South. Jmho
I'm throwing the BS flag on this.

S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

Do you get paid by DSC?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, this went to hell quickly.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
RipSnort, I was there Saturday, I was overwhelmed!!! That was my first time attending.

LOTS of activity,

Here's my personal observation: Guys (all ages) in camo and hunting boots, I guess they're need to stalk to mounted trophies or to show that you're a hunter (You're attending a hunting show???)
Young ladies in spray on leather pants and leopard tops, unbuttoned and very tight. I reckon sex sells.
Lots of people..

Very expensive guns, and designer clothes...

Over all next time I go (next year??) I'll plan on a much longer stay

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
We have done the show for at least 12 years. All 4 days as vendors.

I've seen a few Biden and even a few Beto stickers in the parking lots. But very few.

I"ve seen very few supposed woke type people. All of the DSC folks have been extremely nice.

We have not encountered a bad fellow vendor. In fact we know and talk to a lot of the folks selling the same hunts as we sell.

We talk to DSC members and show staff so to speak every year.

I"ve not seen anything negative about the show at all.

Obviously we can all have different views. And if your view is fairly narrow view then most of the rest of the world looks weird. I know. I have a fairly narrow view on some things.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Hancock27
RipSnort, I was there Saturday, I was overwhelmed!!! That was my first time attending.

LOTS of activity,

Here's my personal observation: Guys (all ages) in camo and hunting boots, I guess they're need to stalk to mounted trophies or to show that you're a hunter (You're attending a hunting show???)
Young ladies in spray on leather pants and leopard tops, unbuttoned and very tight. I reckon sex sells.
Lots of people..

Hancock,

Glad you had a good time. In my opinion (not only as an attendee but also as a vendor), it is the best hunting show in North America. I have nothing but good things to say about DSC, the DSC leadership, and the DSC membership.

For a first timer the show can be overwhelming. When you go next year, be there at the opening on the first day. Plan to attend the entire day and return at the opening of the second day. Make notes of the booths to which you would like to return. Don't be shy about about walking into booths and striking up a conversation; that's what the vendors are there for.

You might want to start making your plans now.

RS

Last edited by RipSnort; 01/09/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Ici, nous avons un homme de Montréal accusant les chasseurs du Texas d'être "woke" ? Incroyable! Je flaire un troll.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by RipSnort
If you're in Dallas for the convention, how's it going? Well attended?

RS
Attendance appears up to my eyes from last year. I thought there were more booths as well, especially up in the firearm/optic area

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Do you get paid by DSC?
No I do not.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

LOTS of activity,

Lots of people..

Hancock,

Glad you had a good time. In my opinion (not only as an attendee but also as a vendor), it is the best hunting show in North America. I have nothing but good things to say about DSC, the DSC leadership, and the DSC membership.

For a first timer the show can be overwhelming. When you go next year, be there at the opening on the first day. Plan to attend the entire day and return at the opening of the second day. Make notes of the booths to which you would like to return. Don't be shy about about walking into booths and striking up a conversation; that's what the vendors are there for.

RS
This sums up how I feel about the show. I believe it's the best in the US, certainly better than SCI. Show leadership, membership and volunteers go out of their way to make sure attendees are being taken care of and are enjoying themselves. Can't say that about SCI.

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by hatari

Ici, nous avons un homme de Montréal accusant les chasseurs du Texas d'être "woke" ? Incroyable! Je flaire un troll.

C'est exactement ce que je pense.

RS

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I had no issue with the show - there were plenty of side shows too!!!

Again I was overwhelmed. Next year, I'll plan to arrive Friday and jut people watch for the first half.

I talked to many boothers, (Not sure what the correct term is??) Talked to people from Argentina, France, and Spain - three places I want to visit and hunt.

Saw and drooled over some very expensive rifles, wasn't interested in boots and clothes (excpet those worn by the models LOL).

Also, I wish I'd taken a lot more cash to buy raffle tickets, they had some hunts I'd be very interested in dropping a raffle ticket on.

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

You should ask for your education tax dollars back, especially your English Grammar teacher....

The show was very busy and most of the outfitters/PHs I spoke with were having good days, with lots of bookings, both new and old clients. I DO have to tell you guys the organization IS changing and not for the better in my opinion. For one thing, they had a lot more emphasis on conservation and not necessarily hunting and during the Saturday night gala dinner, it was much more sedate and it definitively was less "classy" if that makes sense. Also there was no recognition of veterans. In years past, they went out of their way to do so. Full disclosure since I am one, but there was a table FULL of wounded warriors, including an MOH recipient...no mention...

Last edited by jorgeI; 01/10/23.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

LOTS of activity,

Lots of people..

Hancock,

RS
This sums up how I feel about the show. I believe it's the best in the US, certainly better than SCI. Show leadership, membership and volunteers go out of their way to make sure attendees are being taken care of and are enjoying themselves. Can't say that about SCI.

This is absolutely spot on as well..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by jorgeI

You should ask for your education tax dollars back, especially your English Grammar teacher....

The show was very busy and most of the outfitters/PHs I spoke with were having good days, with lots of bookings, both new and old clients. I DO have to tell you guys the organization IS changing and not for the better in my opinion. For one thing, they had a lot more emphasis on conservation and not necessarily hunting and during the Saturday night gala dinner, it was much more sedate and it definitively was less "classy" if that makes sense. Also there was no recognition of veterans. In years past, they went out of their way to do so. Full disclosure since I am one, but there was a table FULL of wounded warriors, including an MOH recipient...no mention...
conservation is utilization of resources. Sounds more like they might have pushed preservation.

Regardless to not recognize military and veterans is a woke mistake big time IMHO.

I'd bet the Africa folks sold a lot. They had a few covid screwed up years.

Other outfitters didn't seem anything but average for the most part that we spoke to. Unless you had current openings. And since we are typically booked as far out as 4 years, I suppose it makes sense.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did any of you all stop by the booth “Passion and Prey” manned by Albert from Hungary?

He asked for pics of my England Muntjac and Water deer hunt to display there, as he is partners with the outfit I used in England. Seems like a nice and knowledgeable guy but am just curious if anyone talked to him in person.

I don’t attend those types of shows. Too many people for me and many of those operations aren’t the kind of hunts I enjoy, though I wouldn’t mind seeing some of the mounts and such.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I don’t attend those types of shows. Too many people for me and many of those operations aren’t the kind of hunts I enjoy, though I wouldn’t mind seeing some of the mounts and such.

They used to do a show here called "The All Canada Show" - basic premise was a pile of outfitters and some seminars and such, plus people to help with passport photos etc. Usually deals on hunts.

Didn't take long to realize that often - those at the shows were the ones who couldn't fill their book and there was usually a reason for that. Crappy experiences. They had to drum up new people because they got no repeat business.

Was like 11 bucks to get in but hey, you can get a Labatt at the concession stand.

Me

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Well, apparently this year's DSC broke all previous attendance records. So, if it was "woke" this year then apparently that is good for business.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 1936M71, 16penny, 54 invisible), 2,745 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,522
Posts18,452,750
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.