Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I've sold some ammo and need to ship it. Probably a dumb question, but how do I go about shipping? I understand UPS is the one to use but you can't use the UPS Store, so just not sure of the process. Thanks.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Reinforce the box well and put one of the little black & white diamonds (limited quantity marker) on it. Take it to the UPS depot and ship it.

You can print the limited quantity sticker from the internet and stick it on with tape.

Last edited by WMR; 01/07/23.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I have to ship form the ups distribution center. There may be other ups places that ship it but ups stores will typically not ship it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I've sold some ammo and need to ship it. Probably a dumb question, but how do I go about shipping? I understand UPS is the one to use but you can't use the UPS Store, so just not sure of the process. Thanks.

A lot of the stores will not ship ammo. You have to find the corporate shop that will. Pack the ammo well in the smallest box possible and label the box with the hazardous material symbol. You will be surprised how cheap it is to ship it that way. I just shipped 400 rounds of self-defense ammo to my niece and nephew for Christmas. It cost me $10 and change. Same state. 350 miles away.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Do you know a company or business that has a daily pick up account ?

Daily acct's have the cheapest rates

For example...Ace Hardware locally ships stuff

The local UPS hub for me is 45 miles away..along with the UPS Store

Or....create an Acct with UPS and print a label...hand it to a driver

Ammo is not haz mat.....nor is primed brass

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
We live 1 1/2 hours away from the UPS distribution center, it's in the thug part of town and receiving is run by negros. Shipping ammo is a real pain in the rear for us. I was told for an additional $15 you can call for a pickup after setting up a account?

Life is good live it while you can.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I have sold and shipped a fair amount of factory ammunition over the last year via UPS. All shipments went smoothly. UPS guidelines are very clear on their web site. You do have to go to a UPS Customer Service Center. Be prepared to input shipping information and print labels yourself off one of their customer terminals. Include “cartridges,small arms” to identify what your shipping. The agent will usually ask the caliber and number of rounds.

I had a slight problem about a month ago over confusion regarding the recent change in UPS policy regarding the shipping of firearms. The agent thought it might have impacted ammunition shipments which it did not. She checked with her Manager who gave her the go ahead. Also be aware that my UPS Customer Service Center does not accept cash. Credit Cards only.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by tikkanut

To be legal, ammo and primed brass must be marked with ORM-D label.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Originally Posted by tikkanut

To be legal, ammo and primed brass must be marked with ORM-D label.

The final day to use the Other Regulated Materials-D (ORM-D) classification for US highway shipments is December 31, 2020. The ORM-D designation for hazardous materials packages shipped by ground can no longer be used on January 1, 2021.

In most cases the same materials, in the same quantities, in the same packaging, will continue to qualify for relief under US Department of Transportation’s (DOT) limited quantity regulations after ORM-D is phased out. You should refer to the DOT Chemical table to know if your materials are eligible to be shipped as limited quantity.

Limited quantity shipments are typically excepted from UN specification packaging, hazmat labels, shipping papers, and hazmat placards.

What will change is the label you affix to your packages.​

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Illegitimi non carborundum

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Been trying to ship some ammo to a friend up north for over a year now! 😖
USPS won't touch it!
FedEx won't touch it!
No UPS Store near me.
The one UPS pickup place near me won't touch it.
Shipping ammo SHOULD NOT be this difficult! 🤬

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Does FedEx not allow ammo shipments anymore, at least through their main distro centers?

I've got some .300 Savage rounds (and empties) to make available sometime... and a main FedEx place is much closer than the UPS distro center...

-Chris

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
We live 1 1/2 hours away from the UPS distribution center, it's in the thug part of town and receiving is run by negros. Shipping ammo is a real pain in the rear for us. I was told for aTn additional $15 you can call for a pickup after setting up a account?
Amen brother. I went there a long time ago to return a rifle to Ruger. They said UPS does not ship firearms. I handed them a printed out page showing UPS regs...NOPE.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
I have 4 box's of factory 7-30 waters ammo, I'd like to sell, but I don't think the ups place will do it. It's only open 5:00 to 6:00 pm I know the ups store won't.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Thanks for the help.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
One of the problems is, if your first contact happens to be a liberal, anti-gun butt wipe, they won't give two hoots in hell if shipping ammo is okay or not, they will tell you, "No!" just because they're butt wipes and they know they can get away with it!
I've been in one day an some dork said no.
The next day, a different guy smilingly shipped my parcel. No problem!

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Raider,

I've shipped ammo via FedEx (at a FedEx store) several times; never a problem.

RS

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
One of the problems is, if your first contact happens to be a liberal, anti-gun butt wipe, they won't give two hoots in hell if shipping ammo is okay or not, they will tell you, "No!" just because they're butt wipes and they know they can get away with it!
I've been in one day an some dork said no.
The next day, a different guy smilingly shipped my parcel. No problem!

Then you have to go to a different UPS service center where there isn't a butt wipe. Basically, it all boils down to how determined you are.

In the last 3 weeks I have shipped ammunition and gun powder from a UPS service center with ORM-D symbols on the boxes that I drew myself.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fu ken put it in a box, don't say chit about it being ammo, and ship it! It ain't like you're going to go to prison if they find out.
If they ask what's in the box, say "machine parts" or whatever boolchit you can come up with.

Last edited by Triggernosis; 01/08/23.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

638 members (01Foreman400, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 73 invisible), 3,003 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,259
Posts18,467,093
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.