Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by gunchamp
And i really thought this was a question about the current repubs voting for chitbag kevin
Hahaha. Winner winner. TFF.

Patriots are in control.

Connect the dotz!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Chicken... grin

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Gator hunting is more like fishing. Swamp people makes it overly dramatic. I used to work with a guy that had tags south of Houma, LA. Bigger gators have more inches of skin and more meat to sell. The meat does taste like chicken some of it is fishy tasting. They do cut the cable on undersized gators and let the hook rust out. The guy I knew made close to 20,000 in 2 weeks. But you have to own land or lease it to get tags where he did it.
He used blackbirds for bait and the bait is put above the water. To target bigger gators you hang the bait higher out of reach of small gators.

5sdad Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I guess that my thought was that after being dragged in, thrashing and twisting, a hook in the gut might pretty much kill the gator. I always wonder this when I cut the line on a fish and leave the hook and there is much more violence involved with bringing the gator to boat.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I never understood the producers of the show showing the guys shooting high powered rifles across the water at gators 50-60-100 yds away. Wasn’t that like one of the top 5 things not to do back in Hunter safety courses? And obviously not illegal in Louisiana.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I wondered about that shooting in open water at a small target like a gator's head. I wonder how many they wound and lose. Just another faked BS "Reality" show.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Gunnison1
I never understood the producers of the show showing the guys shooting high powered rifles across the water at gators 50-60-100 yds away. Wasn’t that like one of the top 5 things not to do back in Hunter safety courses? And obviously not illegal in Louisiana.

Thats about the way I remember it. I got in trouble for shooting at turtle heads in a pond a couple of times. Looks really dangerous to me.

Harry
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
The real question about Swamp People is how big are Ashley’s tits? On the show they’re huge!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Big enuff, I guesstimate....

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Taste bout like owl!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B3

5sdad Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

I remember reading about a woman who was driving in, I think, New York. Her car coasted to a stop and she was found dead. Autopsy revealed a small wound in the hair at the back of her head. Turned out to be a bullet. Her rear, driver's side window was down. Some genius shot at a shark with a .303 Brit. The bullet had glanced off the water, went through the open window, and entered her head.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd like to know how 1 or 2 people can roll a 400 pounder in the boat, the host of the show needs to be canned.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wabigoon
How would I know Dan?

‘Cause I’ve eaten them bastids before. Lightly dusted with cornmeal. Texture is about like chicken, flavor is very mild.

I prefer deer, pork, bunnies, or quail.

That’s life in the swamps.

If you moved down this way you would know.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LBP
The real question about Swamp People is how big are Ashley’s tits? On the show they’re huge!

I would hit that. Just saying............

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by LBP

Ditto, she's Fine. (had to go back and make the S in "she's" small and the F in "Fine" large)

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LBP

Met that big dude at a sportmans show.

Just in passin by their booth. seems like a nice guy.

Bruce also…

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A hard working, down home girl? Heck yes!

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 5sdad

I remember reading about a woman who was driving in, I think, New York. Her car coasted to a stop and she was found dead. Autopsy revealed a small wound in the hair at the back of her head. Turned out to be a bullet. Her rear, driver's side window was down. Some genius shot at a shark with a .303 Brit. The bullet had glanced off the water, went through the open window, and entered her head.

California. Beer can. Readers Digest.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by LBP

Dude, it’s an alligator. That’s not gonna end well.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by DANNYL
I'd like to know how 1 or 2 people can roll a 400 pounder in the boat, the host of the show needs to be canned.

Once you get the head in the rest will follow. That was a big gator in the video. The picture is of the same gator. I wear a size 15 boot.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I put all of these in the boat with my 120 pound wife helping.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

703 members (01Foreman400, 163dm, 160user, 007FJ, 16Racing, 163bc, 68 invisible), 3,151 guests, and 1,356 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,581
Posts18,454,119
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.