Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
New action from American Rifle Company

The style maybe not be for everyone but while most all others are jacking their prices these guys are offering a lot of innovation for a killer price.

I see a 20br/20bra/20gt shooting Berger 55s in the near future grin

ARC Coup De Grace

BP-B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It's like they said "how could we make the ugliest action possible," and didn't stop designing until finally adding a butt plug bolt handle.

I'm curious with Remington 700s becoming available once again and the economy seemingly not on the best footing, if the custom action market will cool off.

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
It's like they said "how could we make the ugliest action possible," and didn't stop designing until finally adding a butt plug bolt handle.

I'm curious with Remington 700s becoming available once again and the economy seemingly not on the best footing, if the custom action market will cool off.

HAHA, that's pretty funny... even though I'm going to buy one.

Man I don't know about Remington.... With the economy and Remingtons new promise to make a better QC'd product, I can't imagine the actions being that much cheaper. I guess we can only wait and see... I sure hope they can though.

Last edited by REDVANES; 01/09/23.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I get the point in their bolt knob - watch a PRS guy guy run the bolt sometimes - they like to come up with that right index finger to initiate bolt lift, while keeping the thumb to the right of the pistol grip area as well - providing a small valley there to do so - its an idea about that work I guess. It's not for me tho, like the look of the KW shifter. Local gunsmith has built a couple Mausingfields and I saw one - seemed decent.

I do like that they are offering the ARC bolt head size.

Me

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

Gotta agree with this. Pretty sure you could leave one of those laying around and the odds of getting stolen are quite low.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Remingtons have gone up in price compared to years past, but are still fairly reasonable. For example, ADLs at Sportsman's are going for $570, and if purchasing one in a desirable round like a 6.5 Creedmoor, a guy could probably trip the barrel and come in for less money. Anyway just a thought, not trying to dissuade someone from a custom action as they certainly have their desirable attributes...other than the butt plug, but I guess folks waiting in line at a match could use it as a way to keep themselves entertained.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Capitalism at work and on full display here. Great idea and going to sell a ton of them. I'm sure I'll have another lefty built with one.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T

Opinions are like, well, you know the rest... grin No, it doesn't have the svelte lines of a nice Win 70 or other similar custom actions but there is, to my eye, a certain attractiveness to it. However, I'm the kind of guy who prefers to build, hunt and shoot with AR15 and AR10 rifles so there is that. This action offers features a Remington or any of it's clones do not such as CRF, interchangeable bolt heads, easy cleaning, maintenance, built in 20MOA rail, and integral recoil lug, already 'blueprinted.' The only thing a POS factory 700 had going for it used to be the inexpensive price but even that is gone with plenty of other factory rifles that shoot better, cost less and don't have QC issues.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
ARC is a 1:20...

The Zeus or Curtis is 1:16.

Talked to a friend on these last night... he said they are GTG... and that ARC is a great company.

He also respects Curtis.

He aldded that the 12 week lead time on the three Zeus actions he ordered in 2021 is actually at 56 weeks (and counting) presently.

Last edited by CashisKing; 01/10/23. Reason: Edit for clarity

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Saw where he plans to launch a lighter weight version also. I used a Nucleus on a small caliber hunting rifle and along with a #2 Hawk Hill found it about right. Be anxious to see the lighter one when he gets around to it.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That'd work for me - easy to swap out the bolt knob.

And given the price, they're going to get prettier and prettier to folks with each passing day.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by the_gman
No, it doesn't have the svelte lines of a nice Win 70 or other similar custom actions but there is, to my dripping, Jack Elam crossed eyes, a certain attractiveness to it.

there. I fixed it for you.....grin

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by SKane

And given the price, they're going to get prettier and prettier to folks with each passing day.

I'm telling you, when I started looking at them yesterday my first reaction was, "MEH". Then the longer I stared the more I liked smile

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by REDVANES

I'm telling you, when I started looking at them yesterday my first reaction was, "MEH". Then the longer I stared the more I liked smile

You and me both. Although I would like a Mausingfield.

I think a lot of the distaste with ARC actions comes from that bolt knob they use, which can easily be changed for $30-40. They are their own style with 10-32 threads, but there are some options out there.

-Matt

"The proof of the whisky is in the drinking, the proof of the rifle is in the shooting."
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by GuideGun

You and me both. Although I would like a Mausingfield.

I think a lot of the distaste with ARC actions comes from that bolt knob they use, which can easily be changed for $30-40. They are their own style with 10-32 threads, but there are some options out there.

For sure. I've also heard, not to knock that bolt knob until you try it... a lot of people like it once they use it.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M

Reminds me of my youth and girls ! whistle laugh

TB, CWD and Covid-19 , free so far.....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That action has a lot of great stuff going on for the price.

The bolt knob looks like a baby pacifier, but ergo wise, they are skookum.

Always wondered why he didn't make one with the same functionality with a better look.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can work that one fast. I'd not change it out.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
My only issues with it are the fact that it only works with DBM (AICS or AIAW) and conical breach barrels. I don't shoot PRS and the target shooting I do is to prepare me for hunting.
I have yet to find a AICS/AIAW set up where the mag doesn't sit way below the stock line and doesn't rattle. I can't have that in a hunting rifle.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by HandgunHTR
My only issues with it are the fact that it only works with DBM (AICS or AIAW) and conical breach barrels. I don't shoot PRS and the target shooting I do is to prepare me for hunting.
I have yet to find a AICS/AIAW set up where the mag doesn't sit way below the stock line and doesn't rattle. I can't have that in a hunting rifle.

If you are looking at standard short action rounds and don't need an OAL over 2.85, these are great. If I'm sitting somewhere or just shooting, mags that protrude don't bother me to much. If I'm carrying the rifle, a protruding mag irritates me to no end.

https://mdttac.com/308-6-5-creedmoor-mdt-polymer-aics-magazine-3-rnd/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
223 members (257 mag, 2UP, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 24 invisible), 1,607 guests, and 892 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,923
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.