Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by SCgman1
Cant even imagine what would cause me to add a rifle to the collection. I got about twice as many as I need.
Right there with you. Nothing is going to work better than what I've got. When it's go time I want something in my hands that's tried and true, tuned and fitted to my specs and fits like a glove. I've got that.

Exactly, 9 bolt actions..all deer calibers..... each was purchased new, have yet to purchase a blunder....same for optics......every gun and optic have been tuned at the bench. Each knows what ammo it likes. Which gun i take to the stand is determined by field conditions and which optic i want to use.

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Troutnut
I buy rifles and sometimes sell them before ever hunting with them.

I'm notorious for it, but trying to put a stop to it. It takes too much work and aggravation to sell.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Thabks to CRS, a Jack O'Connor tribute rifle. It's in the mail. It's going to 4 different states this year, hopefully, and I'm gonna shoot the tar out of that gun. But if I happen to run across a new production M70 supergrade in 06, it'll probably come home too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by StudDuck
I buy rifles and sometimes sell them before ever hunting with them.

I'm notorious for it, but trying to put a stop to it. It takes too much work and aggravation to sell.

Same here

C
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
C
Going on 3 years since my last gun purchase........

Cant even imagine what would cause me to add a rifle to the collection. I got about twice as many as I need.

I'm sort of tin the same boat, all the bases covered so now I'm customizing/perfecting what I have. new stocks, re-barreling, triggers and/or new optics. About the only gap I do have is for a pump carbine to use on drives, but for that I've been 'getting by" with a Rem M7 with a 2.5-8x36 on it.

I'm starting to thin the herd now, I've sold 4 in the past couple years.

“Might does not make right but it sure makes what is.”
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by thumbcocker
Not a new one, but I have a remington 7600 carbine in 308 that I'm going to be using a lot more
I've got a 7600 carbine in 06. Tough to beat for a woods gun .
👍

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Right there with you. Nothing is going to work better than what I've got. When it's go time I want something in my hands that's tried and true, tuned and fitted to my specs and fits like a glove. I've got that.

Exactly, 9 bolt actions..all deer calibers..... each was purchased new, have yet to purchase a blunder....same for optics......every gun and optic have been tuned at the bench. Each knows what ammo it likes. Which gun i take to the stand is determined by field conditions and which optic i want to use.

Pretty much the same thing here too. I did just buy a new Tikka T3x Lite stainless 308. I sold a nice Sako 308 several years ago and just felt the need to get another 308. I bought a used wood Tikka stock for it. Had it glass bedded. Its at the gunsmith's now getting cut to 20" and threaded for a Nomad 30 Ti can.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Recently acquired a Sauer 100 Veil in 6.5 PRC. Guess I'll fiddle with it a while.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Mauser06
Had no plans for one. But found a guy that had a m760 cut to factory carbine length. Cerakoted, carbalite stock, timney trigger etc....

Can't buy cheap 760s for projects and he already had the expensive stuff done.....I basically paid for the work and parts and got the rifle free. Couldn't let it sit there. It's 300sav for now which is why it sat long enough for me to see it I think. But, JES can fix that for me....already have a 7600 Whelen carbine I keep with a ghost ring setup. This will be a 358win carbine with a scope...probably going to ditch the carbalite stock...nice stock but way too heavy for me.

Oh ya...has a decent Burris scope I'll take off too...so I'll be able to offset my stock and rebore prices..

Cool project Mauser. The 760/7600’s are fun. Hopefully you can get it worked out and can get it to NY this year.

Semper Fi
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Had no plans for one. But found a guy that had a m760 cut to factory carbine length. Cerakoted, carbalite stock, timney trigger etc....

Can't buy cheap 760s for projects and he already had the expensive stuff done.....I basically paid for the work and parts and got the rifle free. Couldn't let it sit there. It's 300sav for now which is why it sat long enough for me to see it I think. But, JES can fix that for me....already have a 7600 Whelen carbine I keep with a ghost ring setup. This will be a 358win carbine with a scope...probably going to ditch the carbalite stock...nice stock but way too heavy for me.

Oh ya...has a decent Burris scope I'll take off too...so I'll be able to offset my stock and rebore prices..

No way I would convert a 300 Savage, but it's your rifle.

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I've got a 30/06---no need for anything else. Save the money & go on an out of state hunt.

C
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by colorado bob
I've got a 30/06---no need for anything else. Save the money & go on an out of state hunt.

This is pretty much the approach I'm taking.

I hit WY last year for antelope, and MT this season for mulies. I'm now buying pts and saving for a guided WY elk hunt and going to hit CO this fall for over the counter.

“Might does not make right but it sure makes what is.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn

No way I would convert a 300 Savage, but it's your rifle.
That's what I was thinking

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Same rifle/cartridge……but, a new bullet! Got 4 boxes of Barnes .375, 270 grain LRX’s for birthday/Christmas. Will be developing a load as soon as hot weather gets here! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Coyote10
Thabks to CRS, a Jack O'Connor tribute rifle. It's in the mail. It's going to 4 different states this year, hopefully, and I'm gonna shoot the tar out of that gun. But if I happen to run across a new production M70 supergrade in 06, it'll probably come home too.

You will love that rifle. You may be at the end of your search.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Just picked my new doe killing gun up yesterday from https://shop.kaugerarms.com/ they're working on building a 300 PRC for my new long range rifle.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
10 shot group, seems to shoot pretty good while fire forming .223ai brass.

Life is good live it while you can.
C
CBB Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Just picked up a m700 adl in 223 to play with

Hunt...
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

This one recently got dropped off. Hoping it shoots cause man I wanna use it!

Semper Fi
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
This will be a race to see which gun the gunsmith gets done first - a dakota action and stock I found on here waiting final fittng in 358 wsm or a box of parts and a stock and barrel that needs assembly for a 6.5 CM in 99C savage, let fun begin but hopefully they arrive before deer season for some "bacon" making as a warm up.

Capt. John
www.autumnwings.com
www.txduckhunts.com - "The Home of Quack and Squeal Hunts"
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I can't see myself buying any new ( or new to me)
hunting guns for the future, especially with the
large price tags these days
I've got something to use for most every region
that I can imagine I'll be hunting at for the rest of
my life.
I'd still like to have a 7.62X39 AR if they ever
get reasonable again whistle
I don't think the 30AR is coming back anytime soon

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
733 members (007FJ, 222Sako, 09wingates, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 204guy, 74 invisible), 2,909 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,774
Posts18,401,552
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.