C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
https://nypost.com/2021/04/23/kiers...ege-soccer-team-after-refusing-to-kneel/

https://nypost.com/2023/01/08/kiers...-player-who-refused-blm-kneel-gets-100k/

Ex-Virginia Tech soccer player who refused BLM kneel gets $100K in settlement

A former Virginia Tech soccer player who accused her coach of benching her when she refused to kneel during a pregame social-justice demonstration will get $100,000 under a lawsuit settlement, a new report says.

Kiersten Hening is receiving the money after agreeing to dismiss the federal lawsuit she filed in 2021 against head coach Charles “Chugger” Adair on First Amendment grounds, the Roanoke Times reported.

The settlement includes no admission of wrongdoing by either Hening or her former coach, said her lawyer, Cameron Norris, to the outlet.

Hening claimed she was benched after Adair became frustrated by her political views, which often differed from those of her teammates.

Hening had specifically refused to kneel during a social-justice demonstration in support of the Black Lives Matter movement in 2020.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

BP-B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I'd watch soccer just to see her..... its a start.

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Politics ruined professional sports, and now school sports are going the same way.

The Olympics have been tainted as long as I’ve been alive (!), probably forever.

Outraged alumni might get a handle on the college craziness if they start withholding their money.

What fresh Hell is this?
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
While Virginia isn't a paradise, it's home. And seeing stuff like this, plus our last election, makes me hopeful that we can keep turning the state around. You'd never see this outcome in a state such as.....hmmmmm..... Oregon..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
While Virginia isn't a paradise, it's home. And seeing stuff like this, plus our last election, makes me hopeful that we can keep turning the state around. You'd never see this outcome in a state such as.....hmmmmm..... Oregon..
Virginia is just too close to the flagpole. I'm glad I'm out here and you are there. Too bad about Oregon. Them California hippies can sure screw up a nice place.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They should leave that crap out of school sports. Any coach promoting that crap needs to be terminated. The country is polarized on politics so half believe one way and the other half the opposite. Knowing that you are putting those young folks in a bad situation.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Tax payers foot the bill again.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good for her.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
NEVER permit anyone to FORCE you to bow, kneel or submit to their authority.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
They should leave that crap out of school sports. Any coach promoting that crap needs to be terminated. The country is polarized on politics so half believe one way and the other half the opposite. Knowing that you are putting those young folks in a bad situation.

The Left is apparently incapable of separating politics from anything. Might be why they’re slowly winning.
Politics is their religion, the focus of their faith.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CashisKing
NEVER permit anyone to FORCE you to bow, kneel or submit to their authority.
My man^^^^
That would explain why I would start chuckling when any of my bosses started yelling at me...priceless.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As a rhetorical question, why was the decision for the state to pay? Why is the coach not required to pay the award?? It was his f**king decision.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I hate it when you guys single out Oregon, but you’re not wrong.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
96 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 13 invisible), 1,732 guests, and 724 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,727
Posts18,400,720
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.