Print Thread
Hop To
L
las Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
...so I quit tonight while I was ahead. A case of tired, "Short term......what????" or the usual LAS....

This is darned near a year old epic. Or F'up if you prefer. smile

Can't get Bore-Tek bore coat up here, so I ordered some and sent it to DennisinAz, who roaded it up for me. I hit a pothole, failed to notify him, and he and Ironbender covered my ass and got it to me. I owe those two big time.

6 weeks ago I went to use it. Got the unknown provenence rebarrel take-off .270 done, and the nearly unfired 7mm. done. 338 was waiting on a nylon bore brush before acetone degrease and bore -coat. Midway filled the brush order promptly, but the shippers took 5 weeks to get it here, one day after I canceled the order for a refund...., reordered... when (if) that gets here, that will be canceled and refunded. Two days before I'd given up on the bore-coat for the .338, oiled up the bore and put it away.

I've been looking for that partial bottle of bore-coat for a week now, finally gave up, considered I'd inadvertantly thrown it away. Bummer.

Tonight I was doing a partial inventory of reloading components. Found it tucked into a cabinet with the primers. WTF??? But that's the feel-good part.

Put something else away in the garage, then couldn't locate the bore-coat again for several minutes, then did.
It occured to me at that point that it might be time to quit, and to hell with cleaning up the bench. I just walked away.

None of you guys ever do this chit, right? smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by las; 01/12/23.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I spend at least half of my time looking for something, I just saw a couple of days ago, and now need. I will find it tomorrow when I am looking for something else. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
In the lower 48 its just easier to go buy more than play hell finding it.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I swear I'd lose my head if it weren't attached to my shoulders sometimes. I am so anal about everything being put back in it's proper space so as to locate it easily the next time I need it. The thing is, I forget what I have and buy more, or I forget where it's proper place is!

Getting older is definitely playing hell on my memory. Usually by the time I locate whatever it was that I was looking for, I've lost the urge to do whatever it was that I set out to do.

Then by the time I get up the motivation to begin/finish, I have to go through the process of locating what I need to perform the task and the cycle starts all over again.......

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Bought a set of brake pads for the wife’s car. Finally got around to buying rotors, so I go to do a brake job and can’t find the pads. Go online and order another set. Soon as I hit confirm order, wife yells up from the basement she’s found them. Get sidetracked and don’t do the brake job til the second set arrives. Neither damn set fits the car!!! Go to the parts house and get a set that fits. That’s how I operate.

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 16penny, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 57 invisible), 2,208 guests, and 1,136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,205
Posts18,466,108
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.