Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
160user Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I just need to rant for a bit. I "won" an auction on Gunbroker for a case of 16 gauge Pheasant loads from Sportsman Supply. I paid by credit card within the hour and my card was charged. This was on 1/5. I heard nothing from them about tracking so I emailed on 1/11 and was told "We are Sorry we are behind on shipping they are working on ammo today, so you should receive tracking with in 48 hrs". Ok, I am not extremely happy with that but I don't need it until this Fall anyway. Today is 48 hours later so I signed into GB to check the order status and it just shows "CANCELED". No explanation, just canceled. WTH is up with that? Has anyone else had this happen before?

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Sounds like the folks who run Bass Pro and Cabela's online sales have take over Sportsman Supply laugh

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Were they paper hulls?? Ya know those are getting hard to come buy.

The smell of a paper shell, just brings back so many memories.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sounds like you got a deal so good they didn't like it.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Haven’t bought there in a long time.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Why not give them a call?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 160user
I just need to rant for a bit. I "won" an auction on Gunbroker for a case of 16 gauge Pheasant loads from Sportsman Supply. I paid by credit card within the hour and my card was charged. This was on 1/5. I heard nothing from them about tracking so I emailed on 1/11 and was told "We are Sorry we are behind on shipping they are working on ammo today, so you should receive tracking with in 48 hrs". Ok, I am not extremely happy with that but I don't need it until this Fall anyway. Today is 48 hours later so I signed into GB to check the order status and it just shows "CANCELED". No explanation, just canceled. WTH is up with that? Has anyone else had this happen before?

Did your credit card company cancel it, maybe?

160user Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Houston_2

Nope, Sportsman supply did. These were heavy 16 gauge loads.................and they only brought $40 case (plus $35 shipping). They lost their azz on them is why I am guessing they "canceled" the order. I emailed them again and they did not respond.

160user Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
No response to any emails anymore either.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Why not call them?
What is the auction number?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Show up in person to take delivery- - - - -it's hard to hang up on somebody who'd looking at you from across a shipping department counter.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's a bummer.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

160user Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Show up in person to take delivery- - - - -it's hard to hang up on somebody who'd looking at you from across a shipping department counter.

They are on the East Coast.

160user Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I am going to rip them a new one on Yelp. smile

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
White peoples problems 🤣

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Also leave a nice review on GB!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Happened to me as well on stuff I got too cheap

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I live right near them. Actually used to work part time when the founder still ran it. His D-Bag son took it over, nearly ran it out of business, then jumped on the Gunbroker Train. Has since been sold again, supposedly to a young man who must have some deep pocket backers. They won't even allow local pick up any more (think this was to prevent us locals who go similar "too good" deals from continuing. Used to be a great LGS, but most of their counter help is arrogant old fuds, or young girls who simply don't know. I'm still buddies with one counter guy, but even he seems to have drank the Kool-aid.

I could tell you hundreds or stories, but I think if more people would know their business practices and ethics, they would be forced to either start acting right, or [bleep] their doors. Neither would bother me.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
160user Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jr1000yarder
Happened to me as well on stuff I got too cheap

I finally got an email back at quiting time today that they were "out of stock". I replied back with a link to the SAME PRODUCT that was just listed today. Total BS and you are right, I stole the stuff fair and square on a public auction. I don't believe they will appreciate the feedback I left them on GB.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Houston_2

Nope, Sportsman supply did. These were heavy 16 gauge loads.................and they only brought $40 case (plus $35 shipping). They lost their azz on them is why I am guessing they "canceled" the order. I emailed them again and they did not respond.

They will be up for bid again soon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

204 members (35, 12344mag, 2UP, 338Rules, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 21 invisible), 1,387 guests, and 861 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,176
Posts18,465,470
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.