Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Went and made a Cowboy movie….

Waiting to see it even as I speak, gotta support any traditional Western.

Nicholas Cage? Seems like Keanu Reeves shoulda been in there too grin

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
BP-B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Yep need to see it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And Bruce Willis…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Went and made a Cowboy movie….

Waiting to see it even as I speak, gotta support any traditional Western.

Nicholas Cage? Seems like Keanu Reeves shoulda been in there too grin

Nope.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Seen it, surprisingly low budget production values.

Seems like they tried to use appropriate-style firearms, the trapdoor Springfield was a nice touch. At least one of the coach shotguns was a Rossi, I could tell because I’m pretty sure Cage’s character tells his daughter to “get the Rossi” grin

I need to see it again because I coulda sworn at one point you get a glimpse of plastic shotgun shells being chambered.

Bird calls: hermit thrush, a little out of habitat but appropriate for the area. An actual vireo singing in the woods at one point was a nice touch, sounded like a yellow-throated (if so, wrong area) but coulda been a western species I’m not familiar with.

An OK movie, reminded me of a $3 paperback Western from the dollar store. Not a movie you’d watch over and over again.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Seen it, surprisingly low budget production values.

Seems like they tried to use appropriate-style firearms, the trapdoor Springfield was a nice touch. At least one of the coach shotguns was a Rossi, I could tell because I’m pretty sure Cage’s character tells his daughter to “get the Rossi” grin

I need to see it again because I coulda sworn at one point you get a glimpse of plastic shotgun shells being chambered.

Bird calls: hermit thrush, a little out of habitat but appropriate for the area. An actual vireo singing in the woods at one point was a nice touch, sounded like a yellow-throated (if so, wrong area) but coulda been a western species I’m not familiar with.

An OK movie, reminded me of a $3 paperback Western from the dollar store. Not a movie you’d watch over and over again.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Never been a big cage fan but I did like him in lord of war. He seems the same in every movie.

Bb

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Just finished watching it on Prime. Also saw it in the theater in Livingston last weekend. I actually liked it better the second time around. They filmed it south of Livingston near Chico Hot Springs. My boy and I both dressed up to be in it, though in the end they didn’t use me. I don’t think this was Cage’s best film, but I don’t think it was his worst, either. I really enjoyed the early scenes where they built his relationship with his daughter. Loved the jellybean scene and the music during that scene.

As an aside, the armorer on this film also worked on the Baldwin film, Rust. On this film anyway they took firearms safety very seriously. All weapons went straight from the armorer to the actor, then back to the armorer. I was only on set for two days, but I didn’t see anything that made me nervous. I paid pretty close attention as they were pointing guns at my kid.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I'll be seeing it.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cage has a slew of movies lately that are garbage at best. It seems like he’s been doing 2-4 low budget movies a year.
Some of his older stuff is great. New stuff I can’t stomach him

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Speedgoat3006
Just finished watching it on Prime. Also saw it in the theater in Livingston last weekend. I actually liked it better the second time around. They filmed it south of Livingston near Chico Hot Springs. My boy and I both dressed up to be in it, though in the end they didn’t use me. I don’t think this was Cage’s best film, but I don’t think it was his worst, either. I really enjoyed the early scenes where they built his relationship with his daughter. Loved the jellybean scene and the music during that scene.

As an aside, the armorer on this film also worked on the Baldwin film, Rust. On this film anyway they took firearms safety very seriously. All weapons went straight from the armorer to the actor, then back to the armorer. I was only on set for two days, but I didn’t see anything that made me nervous. I paid pretty close attention as they were pointing guns at my kid.
Is it free on Prime?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shrapnel
And Bruce Willis…
add a blond and they can make a redo of The Quick and the Dead

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not free.

I don’t rent or buy digital movies, its dvd in the bargain bin or nuthin

Nobody makes more movies than NC.

Since Bruce and Clint were mentioned, take a look at the movie last man standing with Bruce. It’s entertaining and basically a knock-off of a Fist Full of Dollars

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Man_Standing_(1996_film)

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 01/14/23.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Dre
Cage has a slew of movies lately that are garbage at best. It seems like he’s been doing 2-4 low budget movies a year.
Some of his older stuff is great. New stuff I can’t stomach him

Nicholas Cage has played a parody of Nicholas Cage in like 97% of his movies. Sometimes it's fun and works out (National Treasure) but most of the time it's just awful.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The two best characters; the Sheriff who has the best dialogue and the daughter who out-cools Mattie Ross of True Grit.

Good to see a positive father-daughter relationship on the big screen too.

As an aside, right there in the trailer he tells his daughter “fetch that Rossi”, referring to a SxS shotgun.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Not free.

I don’t rent or buy digital movies, its dvd in the bargain bin or nuthin

Nobody makes more movies than NC.

Since Bruce and Clint were mentioned, take a look at the movie last man standing with Bruce. It’s entertaining and basically a knock-off of a Fist Full of Dollars

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Man_Standing_(1996_film)

IIRC Last Man Standing is a remake of the Kurosawa/Mifune flick Yojimbo, I’m not that familiar with the plot of Fistfull of Dollars.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Feels like a Josey Wales meets The Professional on the set of Pale Rider. Nicks stache looks fake as fuch

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I very seldom go out to see a movie, but this one looks like it might be worth a look.
Most everything on the big screen is targeted for younger people.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Looks good

His movie Pig is excellent

I enjoyed The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent as well. It flaunted the rules and was pretty funny at times.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
His daughter holds an 1860 Henry Iron-Framed lever gun at one point. It’s a heavy firearm. Shortly asks for a pistol instead. Very realistic. Puts the pistol to good use at the end of the movie.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
683 members (1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 76 invisible), 3,129 guests, and 1,454 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,678
Posts18,399,550
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.