Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
GB1

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
It was an informative and reasonably balanced article on lion hunting/breeding in RSA. On a related note, USFWS has OKed lion trophy imports from RSA but only from approved wild managed lion ranches- NOT from high fenced breeding operations. Wild managed lions live inside high fences but on large ranches. They are not fed but must hunt for dinner and are pretty much left to do their thing.

Last edited by jdollar; 01/14/23.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I never understood those who want to make lion a distinction over the rest of SA's put and take hunting. It's called farm hunting for a reason.

The whole "hunting ethics" discussion is better left for the Karens of the hunting world.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
here in the United States people go to trout ponds ,pheasant hunting reserves ,some deer and elk farms to hunt . i see no difference on the canned lion hunts its a way of making a living and some people are happy then too. the Karen`s of the world will always be upset about something next might be alfalfa , corn or soybeans grown in a farmers field . if someone wants to pay $10,000.00 to shoot a lion or a pheasant for $25.00 i see no difference and could care less .

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pete53
here in the United States people go to trout ponds ,pheasant hunting reserves ,some deer and elk farms to hunt . i see no difference on the canned lion hunts its a way of making a living and some people are happy then too. the Karen`s of the world will always be upset about something next might be alfalfa , corn or soybeans grown in a farmers field . if someone wants to pay $10,000.00 to shoot a lion or a pheasant for $25.00 i see no difference and could care less .
Well said

IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
One of the fondest memories I have is returning to camp with my lion in the back of the cruiser. As we approached the village, the trackers and packers in the back started singing, bringing all the villagers out to the cruiser to join in singing and rejoicing the dead shumba. Everyone was smiling ear to ear, taking selfies, hugging me, etc.....

It was truly a magical experience, that still swells up my eyes with tears to this day.

Save Valley, Zim '18, free range and back in the States, but still I would not hesitate to shoot a non importable one in RSA with a bow for less than the cost of an elk hunt.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

PS:
The elephant is the most useless animal on the planet and serves no purpose whatsoever other than destroy habitat. The utter destruction of ecosystems by said animals is unbelievable to see.

They turn forests into deserts, topple and ring bark trees without eating them. Useless pieces of [bleep]

Other than those intersted in making money off of photographics, not one African wants those bastards around.

That being said, soccer moms need to mind their own business with respect to Africa......

Last edited by Tony_Soprano; 01/16/23.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

690 members (160user, 117LBS, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 72 invisible), 2,766 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,163
Posts18,465,206
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.