Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
tag

"Honey, when I die, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them."
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
if i was to fly in from Vancouver B.C. where would one land , large air port then regional air port?

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Norm, wherever you land (BWI maybe?) there will be folks, me included, who would be glad to pick you up and bring you to Wellsboro.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Norm, wherever you land (BWI maybe?) there will be folks, me included, who would be glad to pick you up and bring you to Wellsboro.

That would be great,but i am wondering if any of you know where the best regional airport , would be so i can figure out timing ,cost return trip ,that kind of info , and as you mentioned a possible ride from there to Wellsboro.

Thanks Norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Probably Wilkes Barre/Scranton Pa or Binghampton, NY which is still going to be a 2 hr drive, maybe 3. But there isn't anything very close.

BWI is Baltimore, MD. That may be your best bet if you have a ride.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I think Tim is flying into BWI. Gary and Tim might come a couple days early to do some fly fishing. But, I'm close to BWI and can pick anyone up. I think Roy flew in Thursday evening. A bunch of Campfire guys met us and had dinner, then he bunked at my house and we left for Noxin Friday morning. Then Keith flew in Friday morning and I picked him up then left for Noxen.

I know we are talking about Wellsboro, but it would be the same game plan. If you get an early flight we leave straight from the airport. If you can get a cheaper flight the day before, you can bunk in our guest room that has a full private bath. Same for departure.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
P
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Both Wellsboro and Noxen are essentially the same time and distance from Baltimore Joe.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Thanks Ted. Just didn't want people to think I was confused.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
What about flying into state college?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
I think Tim is flying into BWI. Gary and Tim might come a couple days early to do some fly fishing. But, I'm close to BWI and can pick anyone up. I think Roy flew in Thursday evening. A bunch of Campfire guys met us and had dinner, then he bunked at my house and we left for Noxin Friday morning. Then Keith flew in Friday morning and I picked him up then left for Noxen.

I know we are talking about Wellsboro, but it would be the same game plan. If you get an early flight we leave straight from the airport. If you can get a cheaper flight the day before, you can bunk in our guest room that has a full private bath. Same for departure.

thanks everyone for all the info and [[answers of BWI]] ,at this time that seams to be the best for rides. other places like State Colledge or Scranton may come into play if rides become available.

is there someone thatcan give me an idea on costs of motel hotel rooms in the area.

Thanks to all Savage loonies.Norm

IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Norm,
Lodging at Penn Wells Lodge, Canyon Motel and a couple others. Certain that others will check in with more info. You will be attendee #21. See you in Wellsboro.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
If you fly into BWI and have to overnight there, you are my guest. As it stands, Gary, Tim, and I are going and having a fourth would make getting a room in Wellsboro easier. We could get two rooms with singles instead of one room with two beds and a cot. I’ll be checking on rooms this week, I’ll keep you posted.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
thanks Joe that would work. now i need to find the cost of flights, i will try for thursday .

Norm

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Joe, I'm still in. I need to get with Gary to see about fishing a couple of days before or after....or both. I want to book a flight soon, but we need to firm up the dates. I'll call Gary within the next few days.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Thinking some more about this, has anybody investigated flying in to Harrisburg? That is directly on the way to Wellsboro too for those of us driving up from the south. Our route (I-83 north to Harrisburg, then Rt. 11/15 for a large chunk of the rest of the way) would take us right past that airport. Bears looking into in case there's some kind of good airfare deal to be had for that destination. I have a friend who flies a lot and lives in Hagerstown who often flies out of Harrisburg - the hour+ driving time is made up for by the airline deals she gets.

Google tells me it's 136 miles to Wellsboro from Harrisburg.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I shoulda thought to bribe Ted to hold it outside of Baltimore, in March right after the Baltimore Gun Show, kill two birds and all that! Or, pick a hotel in downtown Baltimore - plenty of opportunities for shooting too, if you catch my drift!

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Just booked my room at the Canyon motel. See ya all there!! Rooms are very limited.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I would book rooms soon ! The Sawmill Traditional archery shoot is happening the same weekend in Morris PA right down the road and there’s not a lot of rooms in the area. Also plan on sight seeing as you will be in the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon country and it’s beautiful. With a little luck I’ll make the shoot and savage fest

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you fly into BWI and have to overnight there, you are my guest. As it stands, Gary, Tim, and I are going and having a fourth would make getting a room in Wellsboro easier. We could get two rooms with singles instead of one room with two beds and a cot. I’ll be checking on rooms this week, I’ll keep you posted.

Hey Joe any word on the rooms yet , sounds like they are going quick with the Archery shoot just down the road,

Norm

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by norm99

Hey Joe any word on the rooms yet , sounds like they are going quick with the Archery shoot just down the road,

Norm
I’ll check today.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
677 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 81 invisible), 2,895 guests, and 1,408 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,443
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.