Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
This guy is unafraid to say what many of us think, he wades into some pretty murky waters .
He just might be the one to bring Canadian politics back to some respectability.
I think left of center politics in this country is wary of his increasingly greater exposure and just how he engages wokism, LBG....etc ( can't remember the acronym) Communism, and the list goes on.
Jordan is a good communicator and seems unwilling to tow partisan agenda.
Hopefully Pierre P will defeat Justin next election, if he doesn't Jordan might be the guy.

GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I enjoy watching his podcasts. He has great information and knows how to explain it to anyone.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
comerade;
Good evening my cyber friend a few valleys east, hopefully you're getting decent weather too and you're well.

If I'm not misremembering again, I began listening to some of his lectures back when he first came on the scene because he refused to call people by their preferred pronouns. That was maybe 2016 or so?

While I've not read his second book, I did buy the first one and thought enough of it that I bought one for a gift to a nephew.

As a broad statement while I don't agree with everything he says, he certainly makes me think about what I believe and why.

If you like fairly heavy exchanges, look up some of the ones where he has Jonathan Pageau as a guest.

Prof. Peterson is - as best as I can guess - a Deist - and Pageau came from a non believing background and is now an Orthodox Christian.

They both have a very unique perspective and bring - to me - marvelous insight to some Biblical stories.

When he's been asked about going into politics, Peterson has said he believes he's able to effect more change where he is at and I believe that to be the case.

Politics, even with someone as fairly straightforward as Pierre Poilievre are constricting in a lot of ways.

Anyways just a few thoughts from the little old guy slightly west of you.

Best to you all.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by BC30cal
comerade;
Good evening my cyber friend a few valleys east, hopefully you're getting decent weather too and you're well.

If I'm not misremembering again, I began listening to some of his lectures back when he first came on the scene because he refused to call people by their preferred pronouns. That was maybe 2016 or so?

While I've not read his second book, I did buy the first one and thought enough of it that I bought one for a gift to a nephew.

As a broad statement while I don't agree with everything he says, he certainly makes me think about what I believe and why.

If you like fairly heavy exchanges, look up some of the ones where he has Jonathan Pageau as a guest.

Prof. Peterson is - as best as I can guess - a Deist - and Pageau came from a non believing background and is now an Orthodox Christian.

They both have a very unique perspective and bring - to me - marvelous insight to some Biblical stories.

When he's been asked about going into politics, Peterson has said he believes he's able to effect more change where he is at and I believe that to be the case.

Politics, even with someone as fairly straightforward as Pierre Poilievre are constricting in a lot of ways.

Anyways just a few thoughts from the little old guy slightly west of you.

Best to you all.

Dwayne
Happy New Year Dwayne. Any chance you'll be coming to the lower mainland to see him? He's in Vancouver Feb 21 and Abbotsford May 18th. I went for his lecture at the Queen E a few years ago and it was great. Not sure if I'll be going this time since the remaining Vancouver tickets are over $300. Abbotsford is more reasonable, but still over $100 a ticket.

G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
JP is a great dude, straight talking abd thought provoking. Commuted to doing what is right and proper.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
kolofardos;
Morning my friend to the west, I see your light is on and hope even though it's still dark out that it's shaping up to be a decent day.

While I've learned to never say never, there's enough going on in my immediate family at present that I'm not making long term plans in case I have to head out at a moments notice. It's been that way for a bit, but as always we all must play the card we've been dealt right?

Anyways all that to say likely not this time.

I hope you all had a good holiday season and all the best to you all in 2023.

Dwayne

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
He certainly knows how to trigger the lefties. The College of Psychologists of Ontario want his license suspended due to his political views. They want Dr. Peterson to take a media relations course in order to keep his license. Dr. Peterson has objected to this. We will all see how this plays out and hopefully there will be consequences for the management team at the College of Psychologists.

Nick

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
To be fair, the management team didn't and can't make this decision. It's made by a committee of his peers (other psychologists) and representatives of the public appointed by the gov't.

But knowing the system as I do, I think JP has a great shot at blowing them out of the water.

E
ERK Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
E
Don’t kid yourself about them trying to take his license. Your fearless leader is scared of him and is pushing buttons to try and make him look bad. I wish him good luck for you guys. Edk

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I did read about these trumped up charges, listened to his daughter explain his situation.
He doesn't seem like the type to back down from his opinions.
He is quite good and patient with all forms of media but will never be woke enough for the extremists.
I hope this threat is used a springboard to more of his views, and he is unafraid to expain his belief in Christianity.
We this type of person in the mix

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I'm fully aware that they're trying to take his license. But I know how the process works because I've been involved in it for 30 years.

Trudeau may well be applying some pressure, but it's not even a federal body, it's provincial. And they still have to legally cover their asses. They wanted to be seen to be "doing something" which is what bureaucrats and politicians do. So they offered him what they thought was a sweetheart deal, so they could go to their complainants and say "We fixed it". JP told them to shove it up their azzes and now they're left with a handful of [bleep], because their carrot didn't work and now they have to employ the stick, which is going to get them in trouble.

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
I'm fully aware that they're trying to take his license. But I know how the process works because I've been involved in it for 30 years.

Trudeau may well be applying some pressure, but it's not even a federal body, it's provincial. And they still have to legally cover their asses. They wanted to be seen to be "doing something" which is what bureaucrats and politicians do. So they offered him what they thought was a sweetheart deal, so they could go to their complainants and say "We fixed it". JP told them to shove it up their azzes and now they're left with a handful of [bleep], because their carrot didn't work and now they have to employ the stick, which is going to get them in trouble.
This is a good insight.
A good example of why we should be suspicious of the so called" info cops" and the process.
The Process should emphasize human ingenuity, individual freedom and hold the accusers " feet to the fire". Not anonymously.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
J P is a cool dude IMHO. Love the way he is so able to articulate. He seems to be able to consistently able to ruffle the feathers of the Left. Has had me thinking he is really getting under the skin of Blackrock & George Soros.

JP is taking a lot of undeserved heat IMHO. Someone seems to have lost all scruples, pulling out all of the stops in an attempt to quiet JP from speaking the truth that the left is increasingly intolerant of. If I understand correctly the B.S. tactics to get him to attempt to keep him quiet have started to attempt to make things difficult for his daughter living in Florida as well.

Last edited by Hunterapp; 01/18/23.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
It’s a privilege to be allowed to practice a regulated health profession. It’s not an automatic when you graduate school.

That privilege involves giving up certain rights RELATED TO YOUR PROFESSION. Like, they wouldn’t need a search warrant if they were conducting an official investigation into his records. He’s got to give them up. He’s REQUIRED to cooperate and they can get a search warrant if he doesn’t and one of the charges would be failing to cooperate with an investigation. That alone could be grounds for taking his license away.

In JP’s case, they want to take away his freedom of speech UNRELATED to his profession. He didn’t say any of those things to clients, he didn’t counsel clients to break the law. He simply expressed his opinion in ways that they don’t like, unrelated to his license. Things anyone has a right to say.

They’re going to argue that he has to be more careful about what he says because he’s a professional. And professionals are held to a higher standard, or are supposed to be. A recent example of a Strathmore RCMP officer shows that’s not the case. Any of us would be in prison for what clearly was illegal 8 ways to Sunday. But instead “ Everyone in that decision chain should have known better,” So some get a pass for things that others wouldn’t.

https://calgaryherald.com/news/crim...l-record-for-unlawful-firearm-possession

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Wannabebwanna;
Good evening to you sir, I hope your day was a good one and you all are getting decent weather.

Thanks kindly for the explanation, somehow while I might have kinda/sorta known that, your explanation clarifies it for me.

Runkle covered the Strathmore episode too and you're right, it's not the case or not always.

Thanks again, I appreciate the insight.

All the best.

Dwayne

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Thanks, Dwayne. I learned of the Strathmore case from Runkle and it pisses me off no end.

That cop should have been severely punished. I get that it would have ended his career. So be it. Anybody with a lick of sense about guns would know that he was way off base, but he even bragged about it.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Having partly followed JP’s videos for a bit, I think he’s unlikely to bow to the Leftist’s demands. He’s a joy to watch and seems absolutely straightforward in his positions. It’s too late for his opponents to silence him. He can make a gazillion dollars speaking publicly so his future is assured. If his opponents “martyr “ him , in a professional sense, it will just increase his following. He may end up one of the most influential voices of our times. May it be so.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've been following JP for years but didn't know the influence he had until recently when the prime minister of Israel appeared on his podcast. You don't get those kind of people interested in speaking with you unless they know you have clout.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
It appears Jordan is saying things that need to be heard. Lefties, won't listen to differing points of view, they will be offended- this cannot stop the narrative.
A pushback just means push forward.

Right now, he appears a man of deep conviction and refuses to be silenced.
He is Christian, and is not apologizing for this either.
Traits that are admirable, imo

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Count me in as a huge Jordan Peterson fan!!

The powers that be obviously see him as a threat....
I believe JP will prevail and become a very powerful voice for freedom

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (1Akshooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 58 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,327
Posts18,468,536
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.