Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
comerade;
Good morning once again my cyber friend 5 valleys to the east, I trust the day has been kind to you so far and you're well.

We are right and properly fogged in this morning, but it is above freezing so that's good.

Far be it from me to assume to know anyone else's heart or their relationship with what they consider/believe to be a deity to them, but if Prof. Peterson has become a professing Christian that's something I've missed.

Not that it matters to me - it matters to him of course or not as the case may be.

He's stated in discussions with Jonathan Pageau that he acts like there is a God and that his wife Tammy attends a church and benefits from it, but he did stop there. Also in a similar conversation with his daughter on her podcast he repeated more or less the same thing.

Again to be crystal clear on this note, when I read the scriptures and pray for wisdom and understanding, I do not see where it is my job to judge anyone else's relationship with God. That is between them and their Maker when they cross over - in my view and understanding.

We can judge others' actions, especially if they wish to continue to fellowship within the body of believers and the actions affect said body, but that's where it stops for me.

For sure others might disagree with all of what I've said too comerade and that's well and good and as it should be, you know?

Anyways hopefully that made at least some sense and was useful in the discussion.

Best to you all.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by BC30cal
comerade;
Good morning once again my cyber friend 5 valleys to the east, I trust the day has been kind to you so far and you're well.

We are right and properly fogged in this morning, but it is above freezing so that's good.

Far be it from me to assume to know anyone else's heart or their relationship with what they consider/believe to be a deity to them, but if Prof. Peterson has become a professing Christian that's something I've missed.

Not that it matters to me - it matters to him of course or not as the case may be.

He's stated in discussions with Jonathan Pageau that he acts like there is a God and that his wife Tammy attends a church and benefits from it, but he did stop there. Also in a similar conversation with his daughter on her podcast he repeated more or less the same thing.

Again to be crystal clear on this note, when I read the scriptures and pray for wisdom and understanding, I do not see where it is my job to judge anyone else's relationship with God. That is between them and their Maker when they cross over - in my view and understanding.

We can judge others' actions, especially if they wish to continue to fellowship within the body of believers and the actions affect said body, but that's where it stops for me.

For sure others might disagree with all of what I've said too comerade and that's well and good and as it should be, you know?

Anyways hopefully that made at least some sense and was useful in the discussion.

Best to you all.

Dwayne
Your responses are always insightful.
Yes, we humans can be very judgmental, I fall into that trap , from time to time...and it is not our job.
Thanks for the reminder. Be well, God Bless

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
According to JP, some of the complaints against him are not actually formal complaints to the College of Psychologists of Ontario at all, but just his tweets retweeted to the College. Apparently that’s enough for the Governing body to treat as a complaint.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Why don't they just call the cops and throw him in jail like any Communist Party would do ?

Last edited by Malcolm; 01/20/23.
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Malcolm
Why don't they just call the cops and throw him in jail like Putin does ?

That’s not far from possible now. I think that’s why he’s drawn his line in the sand. He knows that’s only a few short steps away. God bless him and his kind.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
What did he say that was so bad?

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Fat chick on Sports Illustrated cover they called beautiful. He told the truth that she wasn’t.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I thought he was a little hard to understand ,like an overeducaed psychiatrist . It was too much like work listening to him so I wrote him off as a time consuming waste of time. That being said, he may have right wing valid points worthy of Conservative consideration ,but he must be saying something that threatens the liberals specifically causing them to go to censure. I wonder what it is. It may be the key to their downfall.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought he was a little hard to understand ,like an overeducaed psychiatrist . It was too much like work listening to him so I wrote him off as a time consuming waste of time. That being said, he may have right wing valid points worthy of Conservative consideration ,but he must be saying something that threatens the liberals specifically causing them to go to censure. I wonder what it is. It may be the key to their downfall.

If you don't understand him, that's on you. Maybe make an effort to inform yourself? and you can start by listening to him

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Alright ,I'll get back to you.

.... Now what would be a good podcast of his to listen to that would be getting under the skin of the liberals....

IC B3

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

.... Now what would be a good podcast of his to listen to that would be getting under the skin of the liberals....

JP is a psychologist, not a psychiatrist. He uses language very precisely. In this way he makes it harder for his opponents to misstate his positions. By doing so, he frustrates the Leftists who try to take him down with the usual straw man tactics. Watch any of the YouTube videos of him being interviewed. You’ll see why the Left fears him.

Last edited by WMR; 01/21/23.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm not Canadian, but as soon as I saw JPs name pop up as a topic I had to avidly read

I agree with everything that has been said here, he is an extremely well prepared individual (in control of his emotion, mentally, logically, factually) and because he has such a grip on himself and reality, he is not afraid to speak up.
His podcast and interviews are great to watch, not just by what he says, but how. His body language, articulation of thoughts, he is very very intentional on what he says. I have not heard his podcast, but his interview with Joe Rogan was amazing.
Good role model, whether someone shares his political or religious views or not, we could all learn from him. I consider him a True Alpha male, in the pure sense of unafraid of consequences in the pursuit of his beliefs.
I do hope he gets even more exposure, I have started to show snippets of his comments to my older son, the rest are a bit young.

Interestingly, Jordan once commented on the similarities of his world views and Jocko Willink's ones: despite drastically different backgrounds they have arrived to many of the same conclusion on how to conduct oneself towards improvement

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Malcolm;
Good morning to you sir, though it's still dark out your way as well, we've made it to the weekend and I hope you're well.

For Canadian content, this discussion is pretty decent I thought.

Again, in my view anytime he gets together with Jonathan Pageau is a really profound exchange, but it's not everyone's cup of tea and I get that.

Hope that helps and have a good weekend.

Dwayne

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Peterson is a breath of fresh air mostly. One of the very few people in the public mass forum that knows how to think anymore. He is helping people regain a lot of the commonsense ground we steadily lost through the postwar period, the insanity really kicking in the '60's and it's only gotten worse since then. He doesn't get everything that's most affecting us these days - the population disaster (unlike hunters he doesn't understand carrying capacities at all and resorts to raw emotion when confronted with this subject) nor energy and our predicament there, but he is a very positive force nonetheless. I am grateful for him. I hope all the money and fame doesn't turn him into a maniac. It has the tendency to do this. Hopefully he will resist.

From a race of hunters, artists, warriors, and tamers of horses, we degraded ourselves to what we are now: clerks, functionaries, laborers, entertainers, processors of information.
� Edward Abbey

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Sponxx;
Good morning to you sir, I hope the day's behaving down in your section of Texas and you're well.

Thanks for mentioning the exchanges between Prof. Peterson and Jocko Willink, as I've enjoyed them immensely.

Here's the one on Peterson's channel, which is somewhat shorter, but the ones on Jocko's channel are fantastic as well.

While I don't agree with everything either of them say, they both really make me think about what I believe and why - which is never a bad thing for me.

Best to you this weekend.

Dwayne

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by comerade
It appears Jordan is saying things that need to be heard. Lefties, won't listen to differing points of view, they will be offended- this cannot stop the narrative.
A pushback just means push forward.

Right now, he appears a man of deep conviction and refuses to be silenced.
He is Christian, and is not apologizing for this either.
Traits that are admirable, imo

Is he a Christian? I know he is a Bible scholar. I thought i heard him state he was not a Christian. I may be wrong.

I read The Bible regularly, i have several, some that go with me and some that stay home. I even pray sometimes cos i think it does things for me unrelated to whether anyone/thing is actually listening. What a great collection of texts/blueprint for life, The Bible. One more great thing about Jordan Peterson that he is so well-versed in it and not shy about invoking it. We abandoned The Bible mostly and replaced it with what exactly? Greed, mostly. Materialism. If more people were guided by the Bible - actually lived by what it said - the world would be a very different and much better place today. I am not a Christian, though. More an Old Testament sort of guy, which seems to me is what Peterson is, he comes across more Old Testament. Jesus seemed pretty right-on no doubt. I think he too offers great guidance. I don't think he'll be saving me beyond that.

Last edited by gulo; 01/21/23.

From a race of hunters, artists, warriors, and tamers of horses, we degraded ourselves to what we are now: clerks, functionaries, laborers, entertainers, processors of information.
� Edward Abbey

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I may be alone in feeling this way, but I think JP is great as a guest or as an interviewee. But not so much as a host or interviewer.
I listen to a lot of his podcasts and I get frustrated when he takes up too much air. I understand it’s a conversation between two people but at the end of some of his podcasts I find myself wishing to have heard more from the guest and less from him.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
mod7rem;
Good almost afternoon to you sir, I hope your weather up there is tolerable this weekend and you're well.

Regarding Peterson or anyone who runs a podcast for that matter, a lot of them seem to walk a fine line between talking too much themselves.

Sometimes even Joe Rogan wanders off the trail too much for me, but as you say, "I may be alone in feeling this way" with him as well. wink

If memory serves and it might well not for sure, but sometimes like when Peterson had Pierre Poilievre or even Rex Murphy on he seemed to not do that as much.

None of this all means I have any less respect or that he doesn't make me think, but I do take your point.

All the best.

Dwayne

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Hi Dwayne,
I agree JP isn’t the only podcaster that uses up too much air sometimes. If I’m a regular listener to someone’s podcast, I already have a very good idea of how they feel about things.
I really like Lex Fridman. His podcasts are long but he seems to have a great ability to get a lot out of his guests. Probably explains why the episodes get so long. He has good mix of curiosity, humor and humility that makes for great conversations. I have to be selective of the episodes though because he gets a lot of scientist types on and some of those topics are way over my head lol.

Trever

Last edited by mod7rem; 01/21/23.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by mod7rem
According to JP, some of the complaints against him are not actually formal complaints to the College of Psychologists of Ontario at all, but just his tweets retweeted to the College. Apparently that’s enough for the Governing body to treat as a complaint.

Peterson works for Ben Shapiro now. Nothing will happen to him.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

332 members (16penny, 1_deuce, 204guy, 1minute, 1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 43 invisible), 2,337 guests, and 1,094 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,168
Posts18,465,343
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.