Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#18025612 01/18/23
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Looks promising. Has a lot of stuff folks seem to want. No idea on price as yet.

Would like to see SS, as always.

What fresh Hell is this?
GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

What fresh Hell is this?
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The canyon and mg lite are stainless.

They have my interest. Availability seems to be an issue

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I meant SS as an option on this model.

Those others look nice, but the chassis one is out of my comfort zone. Actually, I probably have bought my last hunting rifle, knock on wood.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Buy it, buy it.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Saw one at the range just this past week... 30 something guy just got it...forget what magnum he has it chambered in...

He hadn't even shot it yet.. it was its first range trip... he was taking a brand new NightForce in 5 x 22.5 or something like that to put on it..

He was unwrapping the Night Force out of the box.. and was just finished putting the rings on it...it was either a 7 Mag or a 300 Win Mag.

all 6 of the other guys besides me, up on the Big Bore range were shooting magnums... 7 Mag or 300 Win...

I was shooting a 223, fueled with 9 grains of Unique...there's went BOOM, mine went Pop...

They must have been breaking in a new rifle... I was hitting steel at 300 yds, there were mainly missing them... guess they weren't use to the recoil of what they were shooting...Typical Southern Oregon.. spendy guns and scopes... beater cars or pickups...

Probably young tycoons in the Recreational Pharmaceutical Industry, which is so prevalent locally....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
AFIK, it's only offered in .308, 6.5 PRC, 6.5 You-Know-What, and .300 Win.

I kinda like that Canyon model. Absolutely no need for it.

Think I’ll stay content with the Bergara barrel on my M70.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I was looking at Bergara's last night.

Found a model that might make a good suppressed rifle but I don't know anything about them.

B-14 Ridge SP?

https://www.bergara.online/us/rifles/b14/ridge-rifle/

Last edited by SamOlson; 01/19/23.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I've had a couple Bergara Ridge rifles but the longer barrel model. All have shot well at under an inch, the 300WM will cut a ragged hole with 190gr handloads. They are heavier than most but being Rem 700 compatible virtually everything exists for them. Factory triggers have all been very good.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'm 1 for 3 on Bergara's. The only truly accurate one was a Hunter in 6.5CM. I liked it well enough to try a Ridge in 308. It was a 1.5 MOA gun which is acceptable for hunting. But I didn't buy it to hunt with. Sold it quickly.

A couple of years later a 20" Wilderness Ridge showed up at the LGS so I gave it another chance. Same accuracy for me. But I REALLY wanted to like this one, so I sent it back to Bergara. They tweaked some things and sent it back with a .494" 100 yard target. With 165 gr Federal Gold Match.

At the time I couldn't find FGM ammo anywhere and wouldn't pay $60 for a box if I did. Around 1.5 MOA was the best I could do with any of my hand loads. Hand loads that were between .5-.75 MOA in other rifles.

I gave up on it and bought a Tikka.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I was looking at Bergara's last night.

Found a model that might make a good suppressed rifle but I don't know anything about them.

B-14 Ridge SP?

https://www.bergara.online/us/rifles/b14/ridge-rifle/

I have that rifle in 450Bushmaster I Love it
I have one on order in 308 can’t wait to get it

For a relatively in expensive rifle they are great

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Looks promising. Has a lot of stuff folks seem to want. No idea on price as yet.

I'm the older bearded shooter in that video. That Bergara Crest shoots GREAT. Feels good in hand. Looks good - in that modern industrial way. Hoping that Gavin or I do some hunting with it this coming year.

All the Bergara rifles I've tried shoot really well.

Regards, Guy

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cascade
Originally Posted by Pappy348

I'm the older bearded shooter in that video. That Bergara Crest shoots GREAT. Feels good in hand. Looks good - in that modern industrial way. Hoping that Gavin or I do some hunting with it this coming year.

All the Bergara rifles I've tried shoot really well.

Regards, Guy

Knew that. You add a little boomer balance to the mix on UR. Good channel.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JMR40
I'm 1 for 3 on Bergara's. The only truly accurate one was a Hunter in 6.5CM. I liked it well enough to try a Ridge in 308. It was a 1.5 MOA gun which is acceptable for hunting. But I didn't buy it to hunt with. Sold it quickly.

A couple of years later a 20" Wilderness Ridge showed up at the LGS so I gave it another chance. Same accuracy for me. But I REALLY wanted to like this one, so I sent it back to Bergara. They tweaked some things and sent it back with a .494" 100 yard target. With 165 gr Federal Gold Match.

At the time I couldn't find FGM ammo anywhere and wouldn't pay $60 for a box if I did. Around 1.5 MOA was the best I could do with any of my hand loads. Hand loads that were between .5-.75 MOA in other rifles.

I gave up on it and bought a Tikka.

My only Bergara experience, aside from my M70 barrel, is being present at the range when the cocking piece fell apart on someone’s rifle. I believe I heard they’ve addressed that problem. I also saw one of the earlier U.S.-made Custom models early on that was very nice looking, as it should have for the price of nearly $2K.

What fresh Hell is this?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (02bfishn, 1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 62 invisible), 2,488 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,344
Posts18,468,746
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.