Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
America would be in the top three safest countries in the world if the black population's violence were not part out the country's stats. Too bad Abe was killed, he would have solved this problem for us.

Molon Labe
GB1

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Originally Posted by zeissman
The ignorance shown by some of the American posters on here regarding firearm laws in Australia is beyond belief. You'd think that if someone was going to criticize a country's firearm laws, that they would at least have some idea what they're talking about.

The latest Global Peace Index for 2022 places Australia at 27 and the good old USA at 129. That's right, 129, far worse than many 3rd world countries. The simple fact is that in Australia and New Zealand (rated 2nd safest country) people don't need to carry a firearm for self defense because there is no threat. I'm 70 years young and have never known any member of the law abiding public who has needed a gun for self defense and I was in law enforcement for many years.
Of course, being an ex-police member, you have the attitude that only police should have guns and the general public should be completely defenseless. If a house invasion is happening or a group of African youths are attacking someone, then the victim should just call the police, and the Police will come, half an hour later. Zeissman do you also think the Police should be disarmed?

The public is armed if they want to be and I fully support that. Try arguing with a 12 gauge shotgun, even an old side by side, loaded with buckshot.

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
America would be in the top three safest countries in the world if the black population's violence were not part out the country's stats. Too bad Abe was killed, he would have solved this problem for us.

I doubt that very much. It's not just the blacks; you have millions of illegal aliens, no doubt many who are criminals, from south of your border roaming your cities and towns.

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by Bugger
The ignorance shown by some of the American posters on here regarding firearm laws in Australia is beyond belief. You'd think that if someone was going to criticize a country's firearm laws, that they would at least have some idea what they're talking about.

The latest Global Peace Index for 2022 places Australia at 27 and the good old USA at 129. That's right, 129, far worse than many 3rd world countries. The simple fact is that in Australia and New Zealand (rated 2nd safest country) people don't need to carry a firearm for self defense because there is no threat. I'm 70 years young and have never known any member of the law abiding public who has needed a gun for self defense and I was in law enforcement for many years.

Idiot

A typical low IQ response similar to what the little tyke ribka would come up with. 129th in the world for safety! Something to be really proud of. I suppose you're really proud of your current commie president too?

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R

Of course, being an ex-police member, you have the attitude that only police should have guns and the general public should be completely defenseless. If a house invasion is happening or a group of African youths are attacking someone, then the victim should just call the police, and the Police will come, half an hour later. Zeissman do you also think the Police should be disarmed?

The public is armed if they want to be and I fully support that. Try arguing with a 12 gauge shotgun, even an old side by side, loaded with buckshot.
The Australian laws and NZ laws do not allow you to be armed either in public or in your own home. It is illegal to have a firearm for self-defence and any attempt to use one for such purposes will land you in prison with a hundred thousand dollar legal expense and your gun licence cancelled. Firearms must be locked in safe's and so does ammunition in a separate locked facility. There is no way that anybody during a home invasion could have a firearm ready for a home invasion and not be committing a "crime". And you know that.

IC B2

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Stats prove what I said. Illegals now could be part of the issue also, but I have no information on that.

Molon Labe
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

The Australian laws and NZ laws do not allow you to be armed either in public or in your own home. It is illegal to have a firearm for self-defence and any attempt to use one for such purposes will land you in prison with a hundred thousand dollar legal expense and your gun licence cancelled. Firearms must be locked in safe's and so does ammunition in a separate locked facility. There is no way that anybody during a home invasion could have a firearm ready for a home invasion and not be committing a "crime". And you know that.

C'mon man - you can't be that naive, surely. Who would be stupid enough to choose the potential murder of themselves or their family members over the fear of a potential fine for legally defending themselves - using whatever force necessary to defend their lives.

Safes are used for storage of firearms and ammunition BTW - investigate what that means.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R

C'mon man - you can't be that naive, surely. Who would be stupid enough to choose the potential murder of themselves or their family members over the fear of a potential fine for legally defending themselves - using whatever force necessary to defend their lives.

Safes are used for storage of firearms and ammunition BTW - investigate what that means.
You are not allowed to have a firearm for self-defense, it is illegal for you to have a firearm immediately available in case you need it for self-defense, you are highly unlikely to know that a home invasion is imminent so that you can take it out and load it and use "self-defense" as a legitimate reason for using it...so if you have a firearm ready in case there may be a home-invasion and you use it, the chances are that you will be up on a murder charge and other charges and immediately thrown in jail. Now were you to take a firearm into a public place, even if it's in a bad part of town at a bad time (night-time) and you used it for self-defense, you would be up on a murder charge as well as all the other charges, and you would be thrown in jail straight away.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

You are not allowed to have a firearm for self-defense, it is illegal for you to have a firearm immediately available in case you need it for self-defense, you are highly unlikely to know that a home invasion is imminent so that you can take it out and load it and use "self-defense" as a legitimate reason for using it...so if you have a firearm ready in case there may be a home-invasion and you use it, the chances are that you will be up on a murder charge and other charges and immediately thrown in jail. Now were you to take a firearm into a public place, even if it's in a bad part of town at a bad time (night-time) and you used it for self-defense, you would be up on a murder charge as well as all the other charges, and you would be thrown in jail straight away.

Bullshit. Don't go full Ribka on us now (you never go full Ribka, ever). Only a prize cunt would jeopardise their family safety to avoid facing possible legal ramifications of some error of judgement. Better to face a court that attend a funeral of a loved one, especially if you had the means and ability to try and prevent it.

Well?
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R

Bullshit. Don't go full Ribka on us now (you never go full Ribka, ever). Only a prize cunt would jeopardise their family safety to avoid facing possible legal ramifications of some error of judgement. Better to face a court that attend a funeral of a loved one, especially if you had the means and ability to try and prevent it.
No, everything I mentioned is completely true. Your argument that someone Down Under wouldn't jeopardise their family's safety to avoid facing definite legal ramifications may be true in many instances, but that doesn't change the legal ramifications of all those individual acts and what I said is completely true. So don't try and talk your ass out of it with your misguided loyalty, like you always like to do, because you can't.

IC B3

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Ring any bells?

"Resistance to gun reform in Australia had been fierce in the years leading up to Port Arthur. In 1987 two massacres in Melbourne left a total of 15 people dead and placed the issue of gun control firmly on the national political agenda. But the firearms lobby and lawmakers in gun-friendly states like Queensland and Tasmania worked to frustrate efforts at federal reform. Part of the problem, and an obvious point of similarity with the situation in the United States today, was that guns were mostly regulated by the states, which made reform dependent on national coordination...."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ny...n/australia-mass-shootings-guns.amp.html

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

No, everything I mentioned is completely true. Your argument that someone Down Under wouldn't jeopardise their family's safety to avoid facing definite legal ramifications may be true in many instances, but that doesn't change the legal ramifications of all those individual acts and what I said is completely true. So don't try and talk your ass out of it with your misguided loyalty, like you always like to do, because you can't.

Well, you just keep studying for your law degree, and maybe do another driving test to make sure you are up to date - leave what we may do up to us. She'll be right mate - you don't need to lose any more sleep over it.

Well?
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Hey there Mauser9 and DBT, are you 2 friends of a "Molly Meldrum" by any chance? (Yes, the whole world saw how you greet people) And where was my "Welcome to country"?

Last edited by Riflehunter; 01/18/23.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
As I said, the Chinese will fix all AUS/NZ problems when they take over.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
So tell me mr macho Aussie, how many loaded 9mm Glocks with 15 round mags (plus extra mags) you keep in the house, ready to be deployed in a seconds notice for self defense and family protection ?

How many AR-15's with 30 rounds mags ya got in the house ready STAT ?

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Swamplord
So tell me mr macho Aussie, how many loaded 9mm Glocks with 15 round mags (plus extra mags) you keep in the house, ready to be deployed in a seconds notice for self defense and family protection ?

Who, me? None.

Well?
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Right.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Swamplord

Who, me? None.

good answer

you wouldn't want the coppers out checking your house now would you ?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Ok then, I fully agree with your last sentence ...

I'm curious what "loaded ready for defense" firearms you have in your house .... this does not include "stored" guns & ammo in separate safes/lockboxes etc ...

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
And of course you would think that the dumbasses would have learnt something over the last 124 years with the various wars they were involved in. In the Boer War a good percentage of the Australian participants were from the country and had skills in rifle usage and living in the "bush". They were quality troops as were a reasonable percentage of the ones who went off to fight in WW1. By WW2 there were still a lot of quality people. Besides the fact that many of those quality people died in combat and couldn't breed, with a consequence that many who were left who did breed were garbage as they were too weak/unsuitable to go off to battle, very few now have the skills necessary were there to be an invasion. So the present situation is that you have garbage people bred from weak garbage parents who have no skills of living off the land and using firearms, so the country could not defend itself if it needed to. If they were too stupid to look and learn from their own situation, they could have easily learnt by looking at how the Finns held off the invading Russian army in and around 1939.

Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

619 members (160user, 12344mag, 257 mag, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 22magnut, 71 invisible), 2,133 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,295
Posts18,448,991
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.