Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
No license, day or night... many as a man wants.

Dogs are gonna love more fresh meat.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hmmmmm?

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Damage permit.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Killed 78 deer off 300 acres and they just kept coming. I gave up trying to kill all the deer. If you can't grow enough for the deer to eat you might as well get out, because you ain't going to make it.

Life is good live it while you can.
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Killed 78 deer off 300 acres and they just kept coming. I gave up trying to kill all the deer.

Yepp... lotta places are just slam overrun with deer...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Dressing a pregnant doe can be an experience. Open her up and the young fawns run off……..

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I tried to explain to a vegan how many deer get shot to protect the food they are eating. They still didn't believe it. Delusional idiots.

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
Dressing a pregnant doe can be an experience. Open her up and the young fawns run off……..
I know you're joking but orphaned fawns is why I've never done the nuisance hunts. Maybe I'd feel different if my livelihood depended on it.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I rather they be shot ethically vs starvation or disease.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C

After mid February ya just leave the sweet loins be and dress from the outside.

Or ya just kill them in bunches and bury them with a backhoe.

It isn't complicated... they are just deer.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
We kill about 40 a year (group of us) on a 250 acre place out in Floyd during regular hunting season (100% legal with licenses).

Every year there are more. Been doing this for 20+ years. Nobody cares. Landowner is glad of it. The number of deer strikes on Route 8 is insane.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
A few years ago I rode with my BIL to deliver fertilizer to a farmer in South Alabama and it looked like a good place to hunt. I asked him about their deer population and he kind of looked around to see if anyone was listening and said he had probably shot a thousand in the last 5 years and could probably stil! shoot 20 a day. I asked what he did with them and he said he drug them out of his fields and dumped them in the woods. Don't know if he was truthful or not.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I haven't seen 1 deer in my whole county since August before last. We had a massive die off. We used to me flush with them.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Want some wolves?😁😁😁

NRA Patron
K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
When we go down to Leesburg, VA the hillsides are just covered with deer. When you first see it you think it's livestock but when you look again it's just huge herds of deer.

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
J
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
J
Cash, 20 years ago they said there were 50 deer per square mile in Floyd, I can only assume its just gotten worse. I grew up in the copper hill side of Floyd. A buddy of mine grew up on Alum Ridge. We have been trying to thin the herds on my inlaws farm in Winchester and seems like killing them just creates a vacuum that brings in even more.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I know my cousins over in West Va, just use to buy Orchard Permits each year...

Cost was $2.00 and you could take up to 25 deer on one permit.... but they'd buy one a year... no one in the county were keeping score.. they didn't have to let anyone know that they shot any deer or how many...I'm sure the cost probably changed since those 1970s prices, but that is about it...

My cousins kids all grew up eating venison and pork.... beef tastes funny to them...even to this day....they'll eat chicken, but those came off the farm also....

Here in Oregon, I can shoot ONE deer a year.... was the same thing when I lived in Minnesota... Hunted in Jr High when my dad was stationed at Ft Bragg, we hunted on base.... then he was sent over to SE Asia and mom didn't want guns in the house, so they were sent to my grandparents place in WVa... when he died, we got them back... but mom allowed NO AMMO in the house...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
My kid took one out with his truck grille last night.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by bbassi
I know you're joking but orphaned fawns is why I've never done the nuisance hunts. Maybe I'd feel different if my livelihood depended on it.

Most of the farmers I know that use damage permits are dressing deer. They're putting them in a hole.

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by CashisKing
We kill about 40 a year (group of us) on a 250 acre place out in Floyd during regular hunting season (100% legal with licenses).

Every year there are more. Been doing this for 20+ years. Nobody cares. Landowner is glad of it. The number of deer strikes on Route 8 is insane.

One year on my stepfathers farm[Floyd Co. line] we killed 27 dcap deer pre-season, 200 acres.

On the early MZ opener 2 of us saw over 30 deer before noon.

It's crazy how many are there are these days and no wonder we're starting to see ma nature do her thing[CWD]

FJB & FJT
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (1234, 17CalFan, 22kHornet, 280fan, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 43 invisible), 2,751 guests, and 1,102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,290
Posts18,467,910
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.