Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by AKduck
Guess I will grab a spare set of the Kutana Storm shell. Thanks.

What's your thoughts on the Kutana?

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Some cheap pants that stretch and are tough as nail, also made in china like kuiu.

$41 @ Amazon

Little Donkey Andy Men's Quick Dry UPF 50+ Cargo Pants, Stretch Lightweight Outdoor Hiking Pants

Cool. What hunts have you successfully used them on?
Many Florida hog hunts deep into the swamps lots of 'devils walking cane' thorn bushes. They get some picks in them but are hard to tear. They dry very fast also.
Mostly open hard woods here in arkansas, easy terrain.
They do seem to soak up water and dry slower when they've been worn a lot. I think the threads/material ? fluff out a bit and cause that.
Bought 3 more pairs, 2 in green, 1 in light cream beige one size up from my size, I'll use them in the winter for snow camo.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I read made in China on this site, and researched it online. ? . It's posted on the internet it's got to be true.

Where is KUIU Made 2023
October 27, 2022 / Outdoor
While hunting, you have to face challenging situations. To face these challenging situations, KUIU aims to provide the most comfortable and stylish hunting apparel.

KUIU hunting gear has been tested around the world in all types of terrain and weather conditions. As a fit, comfortable, and sustained hunting gear, you may wish to know, “Where is KUIU made?”

where is KUIU made
Contents
Where is KUIU manufactured in 2023:
Where is KUIU clothing made?
Where is KUIU hunting gear made?
Sources
Where is KUIU manufactured in 2023:
All KUIU products are made in China. In 2012, KUIU transferred its manufacturing facilities from Canada to China. Though KUIU is an American brand, all of its hunting apparel is manufactured in China today.

In 2011, Jason Hairston founded KUIU finding the necessity of comfortable hunting gear for hunters. Initially, he began making hunting apparel in Canada.

KUIU began mass production in 2017 when the San Francisco-based Main Post Partners invested $50 million.

Today, the KUIU manufacturer makes all KUIU hunting gear in China.

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Just checked; Super Down Ultra Pant I got back before Christmas,, made in China.

Posted by Bristoe
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
After a recent acquisition and use last weekend I'm a fan of their Attack pants. Almost everywhere I hunt is a mountainside. I'm in decent shape, but I'm a world class sweater..seems like the better my conditioning, the quicker I start and the more I sweat. The hip vents really helped.

Have you ever tried Prana Zion pants? Wondering if you have how they compare

IMHO Prana Zion = business casual. See lots of guys on Rokslide making reccomendations or asking about them.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Some cheap pants that stretch and are tough as nail, also made in china like kuiu.

$41 @ Amazon

Little Donkey Andy Men's Quick Dry UPF 50+ Cargo Pants, Stretch Lightweight Outdoor Hiking Pants

Many Florida hog hunts deep into the swamps lots of 'devils walking cane' thorn bushes. They get some picks in them but are hard to tear. They dry very fast also.
They do seem to soak up water and dry slower when they've been worn a lot. I think the threads/material ? fluff out a bit and cause that.
Bought 3 more pairs, 2 in green, 1 in light cream beige one size up from my size, I'll use them in the winter for snow camo.

Thanks. Will try a few pairs.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
The Kuiu stuff I have bought is not made in China.
Where is it made?
A variety of countries, including Vietnam, but none so far has said China on the tag.
Well, I was mistaken. I just went and started looking through my stuff, some bought as recently as a few weeks ago and some several years old, and 3 out of the 17 Kuiu articles I checked said China on the tag. My apologies. The vast majority was made in Vietnam, with the odd Cambodia, Columbia, Sri Lanka, and even USA thrown in there. The most recent stuff was all made in Vietnam.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

$41 @ Amazon

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

$41 @ Amazon

I don't get it

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

This belongs in the sitting duck thread.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Rickshaw

$41 @ Amazon

I don't get it

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Holds up better than the Chugach set in the alders/brush. On my third year on my set without issue. The Chugach was lighter and didn’t hold up near as well….I have 4-5 holes in my set from basic rut hikes.

Last edited by AKduck; 01/20/23.

Yup.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I have one of their Guide jackets. The only thing I don't like is the arms are tight. I don't consider myself to have "pythons" for arms, but the jacket is a little tight from the bicep through the forearms. Anyone else experience this with their jackets?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Holds up better than the Chugach set in the alders/brush. On my third year on my set without issue. The Chugach was lighter and didn’t hold up near as well….I have 4-5 holes in my set from basic rut hikes.

Right on. My chugach was garbage as well.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by gsganzer
I have one of their Guide jackets. The only thing I don't like is the arms are tight. I don't consider myself to have "pythons" for arms, but the jacket is a little tight from the bicep through the forearms. Anyone else experience this with their jackets?

They definitely have an "Athletic" fit. For jackets it is wise to up size.

Good Shooting!
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Just checked some of the items I recently bought.

Peloton 200 hoody - Ethiopia
Axis Hybrid Pants - Vietnam
Pro 3600 bag - Vietnam

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have three pieces of KUIU I really like and never go on a hunt without they are:

Kenai hooded jacket

Peloton 240 hooded jacket

Kenai Beanie

Other than that I haven’t been impressed

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bluffview
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
After a recent acquisition and use last weekend I'm a fan of their Attack pants. Almost everywhere I hunt is a mountainside. I'm in decent shape, but I'm a world class sweater..seems like the better my conditioning, the quicker I start and the more I sweat. The hip vents really helped.

Have you ever tried Prana Zion pants? Wondering if you have how they compare

IMHO Prana Zion = business casual. See lots of guys on Rokslide making reccomendations or asking about them.

I have 4 or 5 pair of zions, I really like them for hunts that require a lot of hiking or my pack hunts . I see a lot of people recommending attack pants but have not pulled the trigger on a pair yet. Just curious to hear peoples opinions who have tried both

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by hunting1
Originally Posted by gsganzer

They definitely have an "Athletic" fit. For jackets it is wise to up size.

That's exactly why I thought the arms would be a little more spacious in the bicep/forearm area. I bought XL. I usually am right between L and XL, mainly because I have broad shoulders.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I have a couple pair of the Zions and recently adopted some Kuiu attack pants. I’d say comfort is about a wash. The attack pants are a lot warmer than the Pranas IMO. I kinda prefer the Pranas with the built in “belt” over having to wear a belt with the Kuiu. I have noticed the Pranas pick up a bunch more cockaburs, etc than the Kuiu.

I have 4 or 5 pair of zions, I really like them for hunts that require a lot of hiking or my pack hunts . I see a lot of people recommending attack pants but have not pulled the trigger on a pair yet. Just curious to hear peoples opinions who have tried both

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

726 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 160user, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 72 invisible), 3,106 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,582
Posts18,454,200
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.