Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
[Linked Image from uploads-ssl.webflow.com]
[Linked Image]

Doug from Camera Land's Day 3 SHOT Show Report

Today was a no appointment day. A day to walk the room, see what I could see and revisit a few places just to look again at a few products.

I did wind up turning a tomorrow appointment into a today appointment with Element Optics. I was shock, thrilled and amazed to see their new THEOS 6-36x56 FFP.
"THEOS has entered the room – Created through a three year process of meticulous planning, careful crafting and brutal testing. With a completely re-engineered turret system, digital illumination control and a magnification range of 6-36x, we’ve raised the bar governing what a flagship should be and placed the Theos firmly on the throne. New features on this model include a revolution flag that provides a visual indication when you pass a full turn, a new zero-stop mechanism that requires no tools, a digital illumination that clears up space around the parallax knob, and an aperture ring that manipulates the depth of field when needed."
34mm Main Body Tube
Exposed Elevation (12 MRAD per Revolution)
Capped Windage with Thread Protection Ring
Illuminated, First Focal Plane Reticle
Aircraft Grade Aluminium
Side Parallax: 10m-Infinity
Advanced Fully Multi-Coated Lenses with Anti-Fouling Layer
Tool-free Resettable Turrets
Hard Mechanical Zero-Stop & Revolution Indicator Flag
Removable Magnification Throw Lever
Waterproof, Fogproof, Shockproof & Nitrogen Purged
Sunshade, Aperture Ring & Neoprene Cover included
I think they have introduced a home run in a very high quality competition grade riflescope.

I already told you about the new Element Helix 2-16x50 SFP Riflescope - This new Element Helix 2-16x50 SFP Riflescope Series is a wonderful addition to their line up of scopes. A 2-16x can pretty much take care of any hunting situation, I think you'll agree.
30mm Main Body Tube
8x Zoom Optical System
Compact, Lightweight design
Second Focal Plane Reticle
Aircraft Grade Aluminum
Side Parallax: 10m-Infinity
Fully Multi-Coated Lenses with HD Glass
Capped, Resettable Turrets
Removable Magnification Throw Lever
Waterproof, Fogproof, Shockproof & Nitrogen Purged
Sunshade, Lens Cloth, ‘Cheat Sheet’ Stickers & Clear Lens Caps Included

I got together with Ryan from Leica. We kinda ran into each other so we chatted a while and we are planning to get together tomorrow so I can see the new Leica Geovid Pro 10x42. Stay tuned and check in tomorrow for more.

I went back to the GPO booth and took another look at their new GPOTAC 6x 4.5-27x50i FFP - LR PRO and I believe that in the under $1,500.00 category for this type of scope they have made a winner for sure.

Remember all week we are running a SHOT Show Week Sale so if it's not marked down already call, 516-217-1000, and we will hook you up.

Otherwise today was chatting with folks I hardly get to see and looking for new additions which I will be following up on tomorrow. Reports are about finding something important out that you were not yet aware of so this one is bigger than it seems because of the THEOS 6-36x56 FFP.. You'll thank me. smile

If there is anything you're looking for please give us a call at 516-217-1000. It is always our pleasure to speak with you. Always give a call to discuss options and what would be best for your needs.

No Ice Cream today, but I did stop at Starbucks for some frozen Vanilla frothy something or other with a couple of espresso shots in it

Thanks for taking the time to read this. More tomorrow, Day 4. Have a great day & please follow us on Instagram at gr8fuldoug_ smile

Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else that we can assist you with please let us know.
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
516-217-1000
Please visit our web site @ www.cameralandny.com

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

BP-B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Doug,

Always enjoy your SHOT Show reports.

Couple of questions when you have a moment:

Is Noblex (Docter) in attendance this year? If so, would you have a chance to visit/discuss their products?

I noticed you spoke with Swarovski on Day 1. Do they have any plans to offer some of the new Kahles scopes in the U.S. market?

Thanks for your time.

I'm becoming more tolerant of intolerant people.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I always enjoy your reports. I haven't been to the Shot Show since the seventies when it was in Chicago. Great experience.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Any low power hunting scopes like a real hunter who hunts short range is requesting?
Like let’s say 1-6x40. Not LPVO…You get the idea

Last edited by Dre; 01/20/23.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
There's a few options from Burris, GPO and Hawke that are good and not expensive

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pinotguy
Doug,

Always enjoy your SHOT Show reports.

Couple of questions when you have a moment:

Is Noblex (Docter) in attendance this year? If so, would you have a chance to visit/discuss their products?

I noticed you spoke with Swarovski on Day 1. Do they have any plans to offer some of the new Kahles scopes in the U.S. market?

Thanks for your time.

Docter is not here

Those are Europe only scopes, unfortunately

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
676 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10ring1, 12308300, 76 invisible), 2,725 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,644
Posts18,399,029
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.