Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Restocking certain sizes (mostly smalls, SS, and fines).

I used McMaster Carr for years, but compared to Bolt Depot... MC has lost it's shine regarding price.

Anyone else use another company?

Groups of 100s or better... occasionally 1k.

Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Probably no help, we used to have a "bolt man" come by the shop every month or so like the tool truck guys. He would supply bolt bins for free if you spent enough with him. It was nice not running out of whatever it took to finish a job.

Sounds like you might use way more of one size vs a large variety?

Maybe Fastenal or a company like that?

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by blindshooter
Probably no help, we used to have a "bolt man" come by the shop every month or so like the tool truck guys. He would supply bolt bins for free if you spent enough with him. It was nice not running out of whatever it took to finish a job.

Sounds like you might use way more of one size vs a large variety?

Maybe Fastenal or a company like that?

Thanks... I just checked.

Using a "#10-24 x 1" Phillips Drive Oval Head Grade 18-8 Stainless Steel Machine Screw" as a test on cost... One of many items I am chasing... $200-$300 worth.

Fastenol at $0.40 (bulk option not offered)

Bolt Depot at $0.10

McMaster Carr at $0.20

Any other bulk companies out there?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Nothing on that level but I started realizing several years ago just how often I was running back and forth to town to get bolts.

If youre the type that lives Punta Gordo condo and watches fox news 14 hours ago, then no.

Here at The Mini Waco Compound, there is some new deck, shop addition, deluxe deer stand, chicken coop, gate going up every 3 months. Or rusted vehicle, tractor or equip mod.

I make about two trips a year to Rural King and buy 50-60 lbs of lag, carriage, hex, nuts, washers. Either 12 of everything big or a handful of everything small. I hit almost every bin.

They’ll run sales for $1.39 lb. They are only softer grade three stuff at that price. They have high grades.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Shamrock bolt is who we use.

IC B2

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
We use Lawson for bolts ,tools and all kinds of supplies,He comes around frequently and we can order anytime. They supply bins.

Last edited by andy57; 01/20/23.

1st John 4:7-8
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A long time ago I bought a couple steel hardware boxes at a farm show. I keep them filled with grade 8 hardware from tractor supply.
I don’t know the cost but I just got a couple bags and it was pretty salty. Had to fix the garage door my wife drove though. Anyway I use them all the time and it makes jobs easy since it is organized. Very valuable to me.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord
Nothing on that level but I started realizing several years ago just how often I was running back and forth to town to get bolts.

If youre the type that lives Punta Gordo condo and watches fox news 14 hours ago, then no.

Here at The Mini Waco Compound, there is some new deck, shop addition, deluxe deer stand, chicken coop, gate going up every 3 months. Or rusted vehicle, tractor or equip mod.

I make about two trips a year to Rural King and buy 50-60 lbs of lag, carriage, hex, nuts, washers. Either 12 of everything big or a handful of everything small. I hit almost every bin.

They’ll run sales for $1.39 lb. They are only softer grade three stuff at that price. They have high grades.

I kept the bolt bin when my father closed the shop/store.

Its moved with me 3 times.

Mostly stock it up in the spring on trips to Agri supply store.

Grass killing chit and bolts/nuts for the grass cutters in one trip.

Probably saved hundreds not running back and forth to the robber hardware store.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Fastenal has gone woke or something. It sounds like Bolt Depot is the best option if you don't have a fastener supply near to deal with.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Not a mechanic, but if I need to buy bolts, nuts, or screws, I'll just get a box of them. Already labeled and readily found next time the need arises.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ll buy by the # at tractor supply.

For common bolts…

Still gotta go to ACE for oddball stuff.

And they’ll gouge ya too.

A 1/4-20 Allen head cap bolt? Be like $1.19.

Don’t fug around and want stainless….

😤😤

But…

It’s convenient ( in my small town).

And open till 7 pm. And open on sundays.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Restocking certain sizes (mostly smalls, SS, and fines).

I used McMaster Carr for years, but compared to Bolt Depot... MC has lost it's shine regarding price.

Anyone else use another company?

Groups of 100s or better... occasionally 1k.

Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

TSC sells 'em by the pound......bolts....screws etc

Grade 8 & Metric aren't though...usually in a small bag

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Oh yea

Ace Hardware is a good source too as mentioned above

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well if you want it dry in the ass…Ace is the Place

Camp is where you make it.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Fastenal?
McMaster has gotten expensive, matching Grainger I suppose.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Local farm store.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is there an independent bolt guy in the area? Shop where I work had a bolt guy come up from Arkansas once a week on his route to hit our area, 90 miles from their office. He kept the standard offerings on his truck, and a days notice would get you specialties or large quantities for projects.

Of course, in our companys wisdom, they canned him and signed a national contract with Fastenal to get 10% rebate at the end of each year or some other such nonsense. Pricing was crazy high, but we got that discount ya know....Now they've moved on to Grainger I believe, who also is crazy high. Meanwhile, Bill the bolt man still will answer his phone and deliver me stuff when I need it just because he is a good guy.

McMaster is never the cheapest, but order by 3 and its delivered by 10 the next morning on the UPS truck. I'd love to tour one of their warehouses just to see how it works.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have a fastener shop not far off. Use them when I can.

One thing I keep in stock in my pickup is 1"x7" bolts... I have a couple of attachments/implements that use them, and in high stress locations, the schedule 5 bolts can shear off, and need to be replaced.

Bought 4 of them with 2 washers each, and a nylon lock nut, last week. $92 shocked

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
We use Fastenal at work. They are not what they were back a few years ago but not bad

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

95 members (41rem, 300_savage, 264mag, 13 invisible), 1,432 guests, and 782 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,175
Posts18,465,441
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.