Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
The BBS Henrys are right around 6.5# That's not unreasonably heavy for a handgun cartridge carbine.

I've never had much luck with any Rossi rifle. I've owned a few, and they've all had feed and/or extraction issues out of the box.

BP-B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Rossi’s are faaar better rifles than Marlins or Henrys. They will eat loads without a problem that will absolutely lock up a Marlin or Henry.
They'll handle loads that'll destroy any 1873 ever made too but they sure as fuuck ain't "better" from a quality of build standpoint. LOL

Meh…Marlins suck and Henrys weigh about 27 pounds. A 27 pound finely executed brass turd is not superior to an actual rifle that is easy to carry, reasonably accurate, and that functions well. And unlike Marlins, I’ve never bought a Rossi that had the front sight canted off in one direction.

A Rossi is a John Browning rifle. That pretty much says all you need to know.
The Rossi 92 is a poor copy of a John Browning design and that's it. Their build quality and QC sucks. From the sharp edges to the rough machining to the poorly finished "Brazilian hardwood" stocks {low build quality} to the often poorly indexed barrels and crappy canted sights {poor QC on the already low build qualtiy}.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I recently paid Elk Country ~ $640 for a 45 LC lever Rossi. Last week-end I saw a Rossi just like it at a gun show, but n 357 for ~ $400. I probably should have bought it.

I don't see anything wrong with my new Rossi, but I don't care for the butt stock nor the stupid buck horn sights (I hate buck horn sights). It feeds the ammo I loaded for my revolvers just fine. The action looks very good.

The weather outside is not good and I have not shot the Rossi yet.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Rossi’s are faaar better rifles than Marlins or Henrys. They will eat loads without a problem that will absolutely lock up a Marlin or Henry.
They'll handle loads that'll destroy any 1873 ever made too but they sure as fuuck ain't "better" from a quality of build standpoint. LOL

Meh…Marlins suck and Henrys weigh about 27 pounds. A 27 pound finely executed brass turd is not superior to an actual rifle that is easy to carry, reasonably accurate, and that functions well. And unlike Marlins, I’ve never bought a Rossi that had the front sight canted off in one direction.

The Rossi 92 is a poor copy of a John Browning design and that's it. Their build quality and QC sucks. From the sharp edges to the rough machining to the poorly finished "Brazillian hardwood" stocks {low build quality} to the often poorly indexed barrels and crappy canted sights {poor QC on the already low build qualtiy}.

And even if all that is true, which it really isn’t, it’s still better than a Henry or Marlin as a useable tool. Hate especially true of the Henry.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

The Rossi 92 is a poor copy of a John Browning design and that's it. Their build quality and QC sucks. From the sharp edges to the rough machining to the poorly finished "Brazillian hardwood" stocks {low build quality} to the often poorly indexed barrels and crappy canted sights {poor QC on the already low build qualtiy}.

And even if all that is true, which it really isn’t, it’s still better than a Henry or Marlin as a useable tool. Hate especially true of the Henry.
Oh it's really true alright. I worked in the gun business in one capacity or another from 1990-2019, from selling them to repairing them to building them and have seen it all. In fact, right off hand I can't think of a lower quality lever action rifle than a Rossi. Furthermore, Rossi quality across the board, rifle, shotgun, handgun, is pretty lousy. If you get one that shoots well, is reliable in function and doesn't have any major issues, thank your lucky stars. Their customer service should you discover issues after the sale sucks too.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

Oh it's really true alright. I worked in the gun business in one capacity or another from 1990-2019, from selling them to repairing them to building them and have seen it all. I'll take a Marlin over a Rossi any day ending in "Y". In fact, right off hand I can't think of a lower quality lever action rifle than a Rossi. Furthermore, Rossi quality across the board, rifle, shotgun, handgun, is pretty lousy.

imagine all that time in the gun business and still being so wrong.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

Oh it's really true alright. I worked in the gun business in one capacity or another from 1990-2019, from selling them to repairing them to building them and have seen it all. I'll take a Marlin over a Rossi any day ending in "Y". In fact, right off hand I can't think of a lower quality lever action rifle than a Rossi. Furthermore, Rossi quality across the board, rifle, shotgun, handgun, is pretty lousy.

Imagine being an attorney and yet so stupid and inept at evaluating and judging quality.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

Imagine being an attorney and yet so stupid and inept at evaluating and judging quality.

Right, but Rossi 92s are still better than the crap you blather about.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
It's obvious you know little of the subject. Carry on in your ignorance and have fun.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
It's obvious you know little of the subject. Carry on in your ignorance and have fun.

Oh, I know plenty. Rossi 92s are great little rifles that are both cheaper, stronger, and much handier than either Marlin or Henry, particularly Henry. I guess a heathen could argue that they don’t accommodate optics as well as a Henry or Marlin, but then again, someone who would put optics on a pistol caliber lever action, should probably be horse whipped.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

Oh, I know plenty. Rossi 92s are great little rifles that are both cheaper, stronger, and much handier than either Marlin or Henry, particularly Henry. I guess a heathen could argue that they don’t accommodate optics as well as a Henry or Marlin, but then again, someone who would put optics on a pistol caliber lever action, should probably be horse whipped.
If you say so. LOL

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

If you say so. LOL

I do and I will.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here’s a picture of some lever guns:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Top is JM stamped
Next is Remington Marlin
Next is Rossi
Bottom is Winchester Big bore

I couldn’t help but notice the Winchester and the Remington Marlin look a lot alike.
The Rossi’s stock isn’t equal to any of the others, in my opinion.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Prices right now:

https://www.kygunco.com/category/new-rifles?filters=Manufacturer%2FName%3D%3DRossi,Calibers%3D%3D357%20Mag

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by TimZ
Had a Rossi in 454, was a piece of junk, edges of the lever were so sharp it would cut my hand to cycle it.......terrible trigger as well.
never heard anything good about them, my .02

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
691 members (10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 222ND, 75 invisible), 2,777 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,628
Posts18,398,765
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.