Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I ordered one of those Tom Teaser bags in Mossy Oak Bottmland. Got the last one for sale on their Amazon site.

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Please post a side by side picture of them so I can decide if I should buy one, use what I have... Or buy the avery version.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I just picked this up from my buddy Rudy for a 54cal I recently acquired. But for turkey hunting, I only use mouth calls, so plenty big. Double duty! Lol!

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...720/hunting-pouch-possibles-bag-for-sale

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by humdinger
Please post a side by side picture of them so I can decide if I should buy one, use what I have... Or buy the avery version.

I will. I already decided I'm not going to use my new Avery bag for turkey hunting. The flap gets too danged heavy with shells and other stuff in it. It won't be easy to take a call out or put it back in very easily or quickly. The Avery bag I got will make a dandy small game bag, though. It carries everything I want for small game, and I have easy access to shells. It's also comfortable to carry.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have been watching this thread from the start and kicking around the idea of a bag over a vest. Glocks which of these do you have, and what does are the thoughts on the other ones I will post a link to?

https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/avery-guide-s-bag-in-realtree-max-5

https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/avery-power-hunter-shoulder-bag

https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/drake-refuge-blind-bag

I kinda like these 2

https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/avery-messenger-bag

https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/avery-ghg-messenger-bag-mossy-oak-bottomland

Last edited by pullit; 02/02/23.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I have this one.

https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/avery-power-hunter-shoulder-bag

The review that the shells fall out is BS. They're held tightly enough that doesn't happen. I used mine packed with 20 gauge shells. Never had a shell dump flipping the flap over. Either that review is pure BS. Or the guy was using .410 shells.

The bag in the first link is essentially the same bag as what I have sans the shell holders. The bag in the 3rd link is kinda like a six pack cooler. Seemed kind wide to carry around. The store where I got mine also had those two also, so I had a chance to look at them. That store didn't have the messenger bags you linked to so I can't speak to those.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 02/02/23.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Something in the back of my mind says I may have a messenger bag somewhere. I will have to do a little digging and see if I can find it or not.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll get some pics on my Glenda green satchel up tomorrow

-Matt

"The proof of the whisky is in the drinking, the proof of the rifle is in the shooting."
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Thanks or the heads up 10Glocks. Midway had it on closeout for $26 and I bought one. I think it will work perfect for turkey hunting and as a possibles bag for muzzleloading. I hate fanny packs to carry things.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I hate fanny packs, too. Hate when they feel like they're pulling my pants down.

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
I hate fanny packs, too. Hate when they feel like they're pulling my pants down.

Yep, or trying to get in a SxS and the stupid thing won't let you sit.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
A fanny pack, or belt pack is more comfortable if worn on a hip or in front.

I travel pretty light turkey hunting and have been using a Hill People chest pack the last few years. I only use mouth calls, no box calls.

https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/1/ProductID/193

On rare occasions I'll use the chest pack AND a belt pack.

https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/1/ProductID/129

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Well guys... I wound up in cabelas Friday night and was admiring a chair that had side pockets for calls, a back pack straps and even a good size patch of blind cloth to drape over you that was tethered to a pocket behind the seat. I thought... that's cool... and then I remembered my deer hunting buddy who used to work at cabela's got me on on discount and I wasn't sure if it had all the do-dads.

Well I found it and it does.

So I'm going to use that seat with ether my messenger bag or sling harness bag and carry my decoy in a separate bag.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/cabelas-deluxe-hunting-lounger

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A messenger bag is what I've been carrying for years.

If you dig around on Amazon and Ebay, you should be able to find one for less than $45.

Here's mine:
G4Free Tactical Messenger Fishing Tackle Side Bag EDC Sling Pack Utility Versipack

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Smith and Wesson has a bugout bag almost like the one posted above, I picked one up for about 20 bucks off ebay.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Well, I got my Tom Teaser bag. It didn't come in Mossy Oak Bottomland that I ordered. It came in Mossy Oak Greenleaf. It seems okay. It's pretty much just a call bag, with some shell and striker loops. It's made out of the same kind of material as, say, hunting pants. The strap is adjustable and quite long when fully extended, so I can wear it so the top of it is wear my belt is. Seems like it is as advertized. It doesn't have any zippered pockets in it. Except for the main flap that covers it all, all the pockets are unsecured. One thing I like about my turkey vests are zippered pockets I can put my car keys and wallet in. I don't like carrying those in my pants when I hunt. So I put them in zippered pockets to secure them. Back to figuring out how to secure them.

I'll post some pics later. Right now, I'm kind of ambivalent about it. Maybe I'll end up loving it. I'm used to high tech materials and silent zippers. This is none of that. It's just a stitched fabric bag. It may be just the ticket.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 02/07/23.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Well, I got my Tom Teaser bag. It didn't come in Mossy Oak Bottomland that I ordered. It came in Mossy Oak Greenleaf. It seems okay. It's pretty much just a call bag, with some shell and striker loops. It's made out of the same kind of material as, say, hunting pants. The strap is adjustable and quite long when fully extended, so I can wear it so the top of it is wear my belt is. Seems like it is as advertized. It doesn't have any zippered pockets in it. Except for the main flap that covers it all, all the pockets are unsecured. One thing I like about my turkey vests are zippered pockets I can put my car keys and wallet in. I don't like carrying those in my pants when I hunt. So I put them in zippered pockets to secure them. Back to figuring out how to secure them.

I'll post some pics later. Right now, I'm kind of ambivalent about it. Maybe I'll end up loving it. I'm used to high tech materials and silent zippers. This is none of that. It's just a stitched fabric bag. It may be just the ticket.

Thanks for the review.

I like a zipped pocket after having a cell phone slip out of a interior vest pocket and down into the lake.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I may take it to an alterations shop and have a zipper or two installed. I need to load it up and see what needs to stay open and what I can put zippers on.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I don't think there are any pockets big enough to install zippers on. So this is just going to be a call and shell carrier.

Quality seems fine. It's a thick cotton twill fabric. I did order it in Mossy Oak Bottomland but got it in old school Mossy Oak Greenleaf. Not a big deal. I also didn't get the thermacell holder it was supposed to come with.

Otherwise, it seems fine as a call and shell carrier. Maybe a a little bit of cargo besides that. Here's the pic I promised.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by 10Glocks; 02/07/23.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Dang...

I need more room because I go out all day and pack TP, lunch, and water bottle.

Plus too much other clutter.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

363 members (1_deuce, 204guy, 1minute, 1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 264mag, 43 invisible), 2,365 guests, and 1,112 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,168
Posts18,465,336
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.