Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Reminds me…

As a kid I had a POS sloosher sneak into my decoy spread and hammer 2 of my decoys on the water (hens!)

I made him pay me for the decoys. He told me where he worked and I went to his job to collect

Slooshers are dumbfuqks

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
People that leave decoys out overnight are lazy slob hunters.
😂

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
^^^doofus^^^^

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Backroads
People that leave decoys out overnight are lazy slob hunters.
😂
Why, does it confuse you when you try to sluush them overnight?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
How about the tree stand guys with cards that transmit to their cell phone. In the tree and a pic comes. Stay in the stand or move to another they are likely to pass by. If it is legal, why not for the as long as it's legal crew???? When does ethics trump legality. For some never.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
^^^doofus^^^^

Been looking in the Montana FWP Migratory and Upland Regs for any quotes by you, surprised to find none?

Probably should write a letter to them, make sure your feelings get included next year.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Cousin Eddie….”The shetters full.”

Last edited by battue; 01/22/23.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Backroads
^^^doofus^^^^

Been looking in the Montana FWP Migratory and Upland Regs for any quotes by you, surprised to find none?

Probably should write a letter to them, make sure your feelings get included next year.

Ok

Montana Fish and Wildlife
1 Brier Patch way
Billings, MT

Gentlemen,

In the migratory bird proclamation, please add the following:

“backroads and other ground-slooshers like him, are doofuses”

Thank you

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I’ve hunted ruffs in the east and haven’t found them much, if any more wily than those out west, or Alaska. Maybe a little but not much at all. Blues don’t always hang around either, though they’re certainly easier than ruffs. Spruce are generally dumb as bricks, but I have sluiced my share of them anyway.

I don’t decoy ducks as it is boring as hell but as far as jump shooting puddle ducks on the water, as I said in my original response a couple of years ago, just getting a shot off with them not knowing you’re there is a hell of a lot more sporting than it is often given credit for, IMO. What some of the purists here are arguing for is just shooting skill anyhow, not hunting. I have never, ever experienced wild Mallards or the like just sit there if they know I am there, like Coues mentioned.

I have no issue with sluicing and don’t feel it is unethical at all, if that is the shot you have.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You would shoot ducks that landed in your decoys on the water?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I would.

Isn't that what the decoy is for, to bring in the ducks?

Like those that turkey hunt with decoys, they kill him when he comes to the decoy right?

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 01/22/23.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I’ve hunted ruffs in the east and haven’t found them much, if anymore wily than those out west, or Alaska. Maybe a little but not much at all. Blues don’t always hang around either, though they’re certainly easier than ruffs. Spruce are generally dumb as bricks, but I have sluiced my share of them anyway.

I don’t decoy ducks as it is boring as hell but as far as jump shooting puddle ducks on the water, as I said in my original response a couple of years ago, just getting a shot off with them not knowing you’re there is a hell of a lot more sporting than it is often given credit for, IMO. What some of the purists here are arguing for is just shooting skill anyhow, not hunting. I have never, ever experienced wild Mallards or the like just sit there if they know I am there, like Coues mentioned.

I have no issue with sluicing and don’t feel it is unethical at all, if that is the shot you have.
And not much skill required to shoot a duck that is back pedaling 10' over the decoys.

Not much skill required to jump one from the decoys and shoot him 5' off the water as he is trying to get his schitt together to get out of Dodge.

Want skill on a duck, pass shoot them at 35+ yards.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
I would.

Quoted and saved for the ReTaRd List

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
“ Ground-sleuthing—shooting a game bird while it is on the ground or on water. Considered very poor sportsmanship and hated by people who consider themselves real hunters. . . A person who ground-sleuths is a ground-sleuther or, more commonly, a ground-sleuthing son-of-a-bitch.”

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I would.

Quoted and saved for the ReTaRd List
Glad I could add something to your day.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
“ Ground-sleuthing—shooting a game bird while it is on the ground or on water. Considered very poor sportsmanship and hated by people who consider themselves real hunters. . . A person who ground-sleuths is a ground-sleuther or, more commonly, a ground-sleuthing son-of-a-bitch.”
Glad those "real" hunters don't turkey hunt.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Disagree on a couple items.

If some want to call it purist, they have good reason. However, it goes behind shooting skill. It encompasses Dog work, getting a pup or new Dog, training, the excitement of going. The point or flush, retrieve on land or water, and the appreciation of when they accomplish an extraordinary difficult situation. The Dogs own enthusiasm and desire for the hunt. And when and if a Dog figures out their place in the the puzzle of Bird, Dog, gun.

Without the Dog, I wouldn’t spend thousands yearly on Upland hunting. I’ve been known to go out without the gun at those times when I’ve killed enough for the time being. And I knew one individual who gave up the gun completely. He said, “We can’t point him tomorrow, if I kill him today.”

The shooting is not the entire reason for the doing.

Addition: Years ago I was introduced to a “purist” in Arizona. His passion was chasing Mountain Lions on horseback while his pack of Dogs were on the trail. He cared less for the shooting. Went out with him one day, no Mountain Lions were cornered, but it was a hunt with some serious Dogs.

Not being all that comfortable horseback, and hanging on when the Dogs got hot, gave me an appreciation of his purist form of hunting. grin

Last edited by battue; 01/22/23.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by battue
Disagree on a couple items.

If some want to call it purist, they have good reason. However, it goes behind shooting skill. It encompasses Dog work, getting a pup or new Dog, training, the excitement of going. The point or flush, retrieve on land or water, and the appreciation of when they accomplish an extraordinary difficult situation. The Dogs own enthusiasm and desire for the hunt. And when and if a Dog figures out their place in the the puzzle of Bird, Dog, gun.

Without the Dog, I wouldn’t spend thousands yearly on Upland hunting. I’ve been known to go out without the gun at those times when I’ve killed enough for the time being. And I knew one individual who gave up the gun completely. He said, “We can’t point him tomorrow, if I kill him today.”

The shooting is not the entire reason for the doing.
I agree. We never had a dog when we were duck hunting so for us it was hunting ducks, killing ducks and eating ducks.

I don't care if a guy wants to shoot 100% of his ducks while on the wing but they have a problem when I ground swat even though it's 100% legal.

Same bunch that claims a bird must be shot on the wing would probably squirrel or rabbit hunt with a shotgun. Maybe rabbits with a shotgun if running beagles but I see no challenge in hunting them or squirrels with a shotgun, don't see me telling em how much of a POS they are for using a shotgun on a sitting critter.

Bet they shoot all of their deer on the run instead if standing still too. Doubt they stop a walking buck at 30 yards with a bow either. Probably good enough they know the lead and time the release perfect.

Comes down to the "real" hunter wanting to control/run down what I do even though I could care less how the other is shooting his ducks or other animals.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glad those "real" hunters don't turkey hunt.

I didn’t know turkeys were in the air, saw decoys, set their wings, made a couple of passes, and came in.

Thanks

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Comes down to the "real" hunter wanting to control/run down what I do even though I could care less how the other is shooting his ducks or other animals.

Birds of a feather flock together

I’m sure ground-slooshers are the same, so I wouldn’t worry about running into any real hunters

👍🏼

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
682 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 77 invisible), 2,723 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,639
Posts18,398,984
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.