-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Remington's look better than JM Marlins to my eye.

The Marlins are Plain Jane, I think, but better than the Mossberg as far as looks go. The Marlins are accurate and were a good rifle for the money. My 336 Waffle top 30-30 is at a smith due to not firing about every 5th round. A common problem according to that Smith. My 39 had feeding issues, now fixed. My model 57 22 I had when I was young was accurate, but had a horrendous trigger pull. My 336 35 Remington has had zero mechanical problems.

The 30-30 336 is more accurate than my Win 94, but the 94 is better handling and perhaps accurate enough for the range it is designed for. My Winchester 64 was about a 1 1/2 to 2 MOA rifle with the best loads and as accurate as the 336 30-30, I suppose. The Winchesters (92, 94, 64, & 86) have had zero mechanical problems. The Mossberg is accurate, but I had to change out the magazine to barrel holder. I've not tested the Remington's for accuracy yet. The Remington's have a safety that I'd like to throw away. My Win 92 is perhaps the most accurate lever gun I have ever owned.

I think that telling my experiences with the JM Marlins vs. Mossberg, Winchester and Remington are my experiences. If you JM lovers hate to hear someone's experiences, too bad. I'd like to think this forum isn't just for JM worshippers.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've had 12 336's, 1 model 1936, 2 1895's, and one Marlin 1894. Two were Remlins. And I've had 10 Winchester 94's.
I've pretty much had good luck with all. One JM 336 broke a firing pin due to being fired in 15 below zero weather. I bought a Remlin 336 that had to go back to Remington and was ultimately replaced due to the barrel being indexed wrong. I had one Winchester 94 that had feeding problems. That's about it

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I feel the same way as the OP. Meh and severely overpriced. I'll take a JM anyday!

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Well, nice you ran to his side to protect him, 👬 but he was trolling. You don't jump into a discussion about Mustang's and Camero's and open with "well my hand built Bugatti" unless you're trolling, or have a pathetically small dick.

Last edited by RAM; 03/11/23.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Can someone get Bugger an eye doctor? And a sense of touch??

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
IC B2

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
[quote=Bugger]. My 336 Waffle top 30-30 is at a smith due to not firing about every 5th round. A common problem according to that Smith.
/quote]

Care to share that "Smith's" name ?

Never heard it, read it, experienced it, had some one bring in to repair for it, in 60 years.

Love to talk to this "Smith" about this "Common problem"

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A "fluffer" is the broad that keeps the male actors ready for their next scene. YOU were the one that went to homosexuality ! 😉

Self incrimination is a bitch, but at least your out of the closet.

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bugger
I think that telling my experiences with the JM Marlins vs. Mossberg, Winchester and Remington are my experiences. If you JM lovers hate to hear someone's experiences, too bad. I'd like to think this forum isn't just for JM worshippers.

Point of order, this is a Marlin 336 Board. No ?

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I’ve had troubles with a Remington Marlin 45-70 the loading gate dropped -a problem when feeding the cartridge slow.

The loading gate is a piece of spring steel held by a machine screw. If it dropped, the screw backed out. It had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with how slow or fast you fed the cartridge in. Do you just make stuff up?

The more I read from Bugger leads me to believe he's a shut in poser who probably has never owned a single gun in his life.

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Yes qr replaced with RM ser. #

IC B3

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Haven't shot one. Wouldn't buy one, and no try before buy offered.

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Who would buy a new gun with pitting? Hand it back, "get me another" or walk.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by devnull
I've had the opportunity to hunt and shoot one of the last year's JM 336 to come from Marlin. I hate to say it but it is truly a budget gun based on it's build. It came from the factory with pitting in the barrel and the lever is not smooth to run at all. In fact, the lever screw has a habit of loosening with use. The wood is meh at best with fit and finish being mediocre. Growing up, I look at the Marlin levers as "starter guns". Cheap and readily available. I have to believe that modern improvements and new machinery on the line will make for a better made firearm.
Not to offend JM lovers, but the rifles from Remington look a lot nicer.

Put down the crackpipe….. JM Marlins are the GOAT

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Rodney482; 03/17/23.

I like guns | optics | fishing
RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Kid, seen , held, operated actions, as stated. Haven't fired. As stated. Do you read? Or just make [bleep] up?

Still waiting on that phone number Bugger? How we doing on that?

Last edited by RAM; 03/17/23.

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RAM
[quote=Bugger]. My 336 Waffle top 30-30 is at a smith due to not firing about every 5th round. A common problem according to that Smith.
/quote]

Care to share that "Smith's" name ?

Never heard it, read it, experienced it, had some one bring in to repair for it, in 60 years.

Love to talk to this "Smith" about this "Common problem"

Still waiting on that 'Smiths phone number Bug?

I'ld really like to talk with them.

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
What was the last year ? With the move, and parts clean up, does anyone really know? I'm sure there are JM barrels with Tramp Stamp receivers out there.

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Hit a small gun show yesterday. Boy the more I get to see, feel, touch these Ruglin's the less and less I like them. Yo Ruger! The purpose of laminate is to get contrast. Strength and color. You laminate 60 1/16" strips all dark PURPLE ! Might just as well paint a chunk of birch, and call it a day. PURPLE ? What happened to Black and Grey?
Then you plug that hideous Red Bullseye on it. Looks like a Pimple on a Section 8 girls fat ass.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RAM
Hit a small gun show yesterday. Boy the more I get to see, feel, touch these Ruglin's the less and less I like them. Yo Ruger! The purpose of laminate is to get contrast. Strength and color. You laminate 60 1/16" strips all dark PURPLE ! Might just as well paint a chunk of birch, and call it a day. PURPLE ? What happened to Black and Grey?
Then you plug that hideous Red Bullseye on it. Looks like a Pimple on a Section 8 girls fat ass.
Ouch

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RAM
I’ve had troubles with a Remington Marlin 45-70 the loading gate dropped -a problem when feeding the cartridge slow.

The loading gate is a piece of spring steel held by a machine screw. If it dropped, the screw backed out. It had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with how slow or fast you fed the cartridge in. Do you just make stuff up?

The more I read from Bugger leads me to believe he's a shut in poser who probably has never owned a single gun in his life.

As it turns out that was the problem however you’re wrong regarding how fast or slow I worked the action.

As far as some Marlins not firing every now and then, it is a known problem, but likely not to those with your knowledge. My gunsmith fixed in my waffle top 30-30. He said that for his Marlin he made a permanent change so that he didn’t have to close the action hard. But since you claim to be all knowledgable I’d think you might if known that.
Fact is RAM you are a blowhard - full of yourself and way to high opinion of you bleak knowledge. GFY

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Give the phone number of your "Gun Smith" you lying bloviating gas bag.

You've been exposed for what you are. So now, instead of complying with a polite request, your gonna swear via initials at me? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

What are you? Six. Try the Sesame Street board.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (808outdoors, ATC, Bclark, 10gaugemag, 12 invisible), 1,936 guests, and 730 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,672
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.