C
Just can't imagine why theres no bids yet laugh

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/964685298

GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I need some...maybe he'll sell them a piece at a time...I could afford one, almost. But, how many do you need with a single shot?

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You could get 40 rounds from Rocky Mountain cartridge for less than that.

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
P
Good Lord! $20 a round? I don’t think so!!

Last edited by pacecars; 01/16/23.

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
C
Caplock Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Fishing for suckers.

IC B2

C
Caplock Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Ranch13
You could get 40 rounds from Rocky Mountain cartridge for less than that.
Don, whats BACO making them from these days? They are about $2.40 a pop.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Last I knew they were using starling 50-110. Jim Kluskens was using them in his newly rebarreled Shiloh and getting to where he and that rifle were on the verge of doing some pretty spectacular things at the matches in Lodi. But his untimely and unfortunate death put that all at a stand still.
I'm just about finished up loading the 400 rounds for the Desert International match, and thinking maybe I'll call Gullo and see if/when he expects another batch of brass for his reformed stuff. Maybe 100 of them wouldn't be a bad thing to have laying around.
The folks that have the Jamison equipment are pretty tied up making the crunchetinker stuff and 6.5 Jenner types , and keep saying when they get caught up they'll get back to producing the good stuff.

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
laugh I have a bunch of .44 3-1/4 basic brass.......Hmmmmm........Maybe I can sell it to pay for my new CPA.........Hmmmm laugh laugh

I just gave a friend 99 .44-90BN cases so he can shoot hit new Shiloh when he gets it. It seems like all BPCR calibers are none existing.
I been looking for Remington .30-40 Krag brass for this new .38-50 CPA that has the chamber cut for the Rem brass. I have the Cap Tech and Winchester .30-40 Krag brass but the base needs to be swaged down. I would sooner have a different head stamp so I dont have to mark the case for the Hepburn and the CAP.

Kurt

No the brass is not for sale. I have several .44-77's and .44-90 in's that might need them down the line. laugh

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Hard to find brass is just that, a little here and some there plus expensive. I like gun shows, hate the crowds but just never know what treasures you'll find. Sometimes when you find something hard to get, they want to much but it boils down real simple pay to much and have it or do without. When you start turning down brass cause the seller wants to much you are going backwards because the search for hard to find stuff costs alot more (GAS, MOTELS, EATS) and getting thru the door at the next gunshow. Case in point 5 years ago an old boy who allways hit our local fall gunshow had a couple of boxes of Jamison 44-77 brass NIB for $50 a box I didn't need it so I passed even though the thought in my head said buy it. The next year same place, same guy no brass I asked him if he sold it and he said no I didn't bring it thought he might get a rifle for it. Every year at the same show I'd hit his table, last spring he had some 40-70 SS. I don't have one of those or plan too but mentioned it to a friend in wyo., he said snag them for me if he has them next time I see them. This fall I caught the guy with the brass at the fall show as he was setting up , yup he had the 40-70 SS 3 boxes@ 70 a box $ 210 for those 3 boxes as I was dragging the cash out he said " you still interested in buying the 44-77 brass? I said sure did you bring it? Yes he said and drags a box out $60 on it " how many you want?" . Well I finally got smart and said how many do you have? He drags out a plastic milk case from under the table and starts unloading it only 9 boxes of 44-77 sbn Jamison virgin brass, I bought it all 540 bucks 750 dollars right there for brass in less than a minute. The 40-70 went to the friend in wyo. And I'm sitting on the 44-77's because my 74 Hartford model will be done later this year. The only Jamison brass anyone will ever buy is what is being resold by the original purchaser. The company is dissolved and gone all equipment resold. So when you see the stuff ask yourself if you want to own that brass or chase a pie in the sky dream...that's way it is....mb

PS thanks again Kurt for the 99

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
'The only Jamison brass anyone will ever buy is what is being resold by the original purchaser. The company is dissolved and gone all equipment resold. So when you see the stuff ask yourself if you want to own that brass or chase a pie in the sky dream...that's way it is....mb''
Probably won't be stamped Jamison, or JBA, but the folks that own the equipment keep saying the plans are to produce the same calibers...
Guess a fella just don't know what he doesn't know.... Just the way it is..

www.historicshooting.com
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

602 members (160user, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 1234, 16penny, 10Glocks, 66 invisible), 2,037 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,269
Posts18,448,309
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.