Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
have a order I was going to place with them. shipping would be $1.20 as some stuff are free shipping. they now have $10 off for a purchase of $100 or more. went to check out and the instant $10 off took my shipping to $15.87, WTF you kidding me

BP-B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Just don't forget to round up, Wayne needs some new Gucci loafers.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
No veteran discount.
No FFL gunsmith discount.
No thanks.
Brownells for me.
They seem somehow less of late as well, but still a go to.

I am the NorthEast WoodsBeast!

"System version 1.3, divorced"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
So then ya got to buy some more stuff to get above the free shipping threshold and overcome the auto-discount.

Tell em toss in a 40 lb bag of those orange circus peanuts.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by slumlord
So them ya got to buy some more stuff to get above the free shipping threshold and overcome the auto-discount.

how much is that I'm at $170.00

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Tell them youre one of The Good Guys. 🤙

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by steveredd1
Originally Posted by slumlord
So them ya got to buy some more stuff to get above the free shipping threshold and overcome the auto-discount.

how much is that I'm at $170.00

Anytime someone orders from Midway/Brownell's etc - 170 should be your tax, not complete order. Step up man. People need to go on safari at those companies.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Use the coupon code from the 24hourcampfire Facebook page…

“Boomer15”

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
they have what I need/want more often than most vendors. I have not had a bad experience with them

Sam......

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

“Boomer15”
Thanks for the solid on that code.

I love smiling Larry..
He just looks and sounds so genuine in his vids.
I love midway,s sales too!!!
You all know..
The sales they have off their 10 to 20% markup they have that match others everyday price.

🤔🤔🥴🥴🥴

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

“Boomer15”
Thanks for the solid on that code.

I love smiling Larry..
He just looks and sounds so genuine in his vids.
I love midway,s sales too!!!
You all know..
The sales they have off their 10 to 20% markup they have that match others everyday price.

🤔🤔🥴🥴🥴

Er’ybody ain’t got Midwest Shooters right up the road.

😂😂😂

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Larry's in an Assisted Living facility these days... Midway has a new President or CEO... Larry is still the head guy, I'm sure just to maintain control with veto rights on business decisions...His time alive is limited....

Recent irritation with them... Ordered $300 worth of stuff, with their birthday discount...Speer bullets.
two boxes of 1000 round packs... one was all boxed up, and the other just thrown in the box...

they threw it in the main box, with the factory container all smashed up. bullets rolling all over the place when I received it.
No holes in the outer container, Missing 160 bullets out of the broke open 1000 round container....

so evidently it was thrown in the main box, broken open and missing product...

They tell me they can't do anything about it, have nothing to replace it with, so they will just give me a store credit of 160 bullets at 15 cents each... so like $20 or so...ain't worth the friggin time...Customer service policy is "customers are just stupid..."

I'll order elsewhere next time I need something... either Mid South or Natchez

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by Seafire
Larry's in an Assisted Living facility these days... Midway has a new President or CEO... Larry is still the head guy, I'm sure just to maintain control with veto rights on business decisions...His time alive is limited....

Recent irritation with them... Ordered $300 worth of stuff, with their birthday discount...Speer bullets.
two boxes of 1000 round packs... one was all boxed up, and the other just thrown in the box...

they threw it in the main box, with the factory container all smashed up. bullets rolling all over the place when I received it.
No holes in the outer container, Missing 160 bullets out of the broke open 1000 round container....

They tell me they can't do anything about it, have nothing to replace it with, so they will just give me a store credit of 160 bullets at 15 cents each... so like $20 or so...ain't worth the friggin time...Customer service policy is "customers are just stupid..."

I used to really like using Midway, but had a similar experience that now has me hesitate anytime I start adding things to my cart there.

I order nine boxes of 22LR (50ct boxes) that were on sale for some reason. All boxes were simply tossed in an overly large shipping box. When they arrived, there were 22LR rounds stuck to the packing tape. I recorded the box before opening and during opening.

The majority of the boxes had opened and were all mixed. When I called Midway, they told me to try and separate all the mixed boxes to see if I could get everything back to the original boxes. I told them I had separated the Tac-22 out, but the other six boxes were all SK and no way to tell them apart. I was then told I had to call Berger to confirm there was no way to tell them apart. (Berger confirmed that the headstamps were all the same and there would be no easy way to tell a difference.). I called Midway back and they asked if “all of the ammo was there?” Which I confirmed I had received all 300 rounds. They responded with “You ordered 300 rounds and received them, we don’t understand the problem.” I unfortunately then had to explain it was different ammo, bought for accuracy purposes and having mixed ammo was useless outside of plinking.

It ended up being a few day affair to eventually have them ship six new boxes of ammo to me (which showed up packaged so tight I laughed trying to open). They were upset that I also got to “keep” the other boxes because they can’t accept ammunition back.

I still use Midway on occasion, but dang. That was painful. Midsouth, Grafs, and PV receive most of my attention now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, Larry Potterfield and Midway suck. He is a loser and hasn’t done anything but screw people and bank the profit…

The list is long and his involvement in the shooting industry is nothing short of magnificent. Just a couple examples;

The Potterfields are reported to have donated several million dollars to help provide YWCE programs to organizations such as Dallas Safari Club, Wild Sheep Foundation, Wild Turkey Federation, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Kansas City Safari Club, Houston Safari Club, Mule Deer Foundation, Pheasants Forever and Quality Deer Management.

The MidwayUSA Foundation, founded by Larry and Brenda Potterfield in 2007, is involved in helping communities and organizations raise money for education and youth shooting activities. As of September 30, 2022, the MidwayUSA Foundation is known to have $240 million in assets, have paid $54.6 million in grants, and assisted 2,770 teams with endowments.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Interesting about the assisted living as I spoke with him at the DSC show a couple of weeks ago and he appeared just fine.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
have a order I was going to place with them. shipping would be $1.20 as some stuff are free shipping. they now have $10 off for a purchase of $100 or more. went to check out and the instant $10 off took my shipping to $15.87, WTF you kidding me

What do they have there that you can't get for a better price elsewhere? Let the 'fire members find it for you cheaper.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Yeah, Larry Potterfield and Midway suck. He is a loser and hasn’t done anything but screw people and bank the profit…

The list is long and his involvement in the shooting industry is nothing short of magnificent. Just a couple examples;

The Potterfields are reported to have donated several million dollars to help provide YWCE programs to organizations such as Dallas Safari Club, Wild Sheep Foundation, Wild Turkey Federation, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Kansas City Safari Club, Houston Safari Club, Mule Deer Foundation, Pheasants Forever and Quality Deer Management.

The MidwayUSA Foundation, founded by Larry and Brenda Potterfield in 2007, is involved in helping communities and organizations raise money for education and youth shooting activities. As of September 30, 2022, the MidwayUSA Foundation is known to have $240 million in assets, have paid $54.6 million in grants, and assisted 2,770 teams with endowments.

Given how much more they charge for many items on their website, they should have some extra money to give away.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Larry's in an Assisted Living facility these days...

Oh really? Do tell of your insight. crazy

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
$1.20 isn't bad for shipping but they have a $10 for $100 or more, but why applied brings shipping to $15.87 that's crazey

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

What do they have there that you can't get for a better price elsewhere? Let the 'fire members find it for you cheaper.

I buy when they have free shiping

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
258 members (300_savage, 1minute, 204guy, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 280shooter, 41 invisible), 2,170 guests, and 958 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,633
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.