Print Thread
Hop To
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Here is how we ordered LH Tikka 22-250 1-8 twist and LH 6.5 Creed Moor

You have to come up with a reasonable number of same configuration rifles to make it work!

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/11847285/Tikka_Exclusive_-_1_in_8%22#Post11847285

Any one know how to change above to link

Last edited by kk alaska; 01/24/23.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kk alaska
Any one know how to change above to link

Yes: Click Here!

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Thanks for the link we had a batch order of RH rifles and LH in same configuration.

kk alaska

O
O
pretty cool, i wish i had need for a 22-250

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
So are we developing interest in another group buy?

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
I would be interested in a LH Tikka T3x LW in 7mm PRC

kk alaska

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I’d be interested in at least one LH (22-250).

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
kK, i would prefer a tikka in 7mm PRC above anything else at the current moment but I wonder if that’s even worth thinking about since they don’t chamber anything in 7mm PRC?

O
OGB Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by LeftHunter
kK, i would prefer a tikka in 7mm PRC above anything else at the current moment but I wonder if that’s even worth thinking about since they don’t chamber anything in 7mm PRC?
Europe uses CIP not SAAMI which is how the 7PRC is currently spec'd. I hear it is being pushed through though.

Put me in for a Roughtech in 6.5PRC but I could be talked into a 7PRC.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd vote 6mm Creedmoor with 8 twist or 8 twist 22-250(intend to rechamber to 22 creedmoor).

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I'd be up for a 8" twist 22-250

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by 30338
I'd vote 6mm Creedmoor with 8 twist or 8 twist 22-250(intend to rechamber to 22 creedmoor).

LOL! Exactly why I would want the 22-250! Great minds….

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
6mm AI or 22/6mm AI

If your going through hell, keep on going, don't look back, If your scared don't show it.
You might get out b'fore the devil even knows your there.
(Rodney Atkins)
M
MLF Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
How about a Ruger Hawkeye FTW SS in .308 Win. Floor plate or magazine fed. I’ll be ok with just the barreled action so I can stock it to my liking. CRF rifles are becoming rare. In Stainless Steel similar to the old Mark II would be nice. No muzzle break or Rail. Appropriate sized receiver!! Ruger has produced similar rifles as of late but only in right handed. No tooling required. CDNN sports might be a good start.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Ruger made an series called the compact magnum rifle. I have one in 338RCM that's a lefty. They offered it in right hand 308 win and it's about ideal with short action and 20" barrel. I wish there was a standard offering 308win version for lefties in their catalog. I'd take one in blue or stainless with a wood stock.

B
B
I always found it strange Ruger made left hand scout rifles but finding a left hand markII or hawkeye in 308 or any other short action caliber is rare. Maybe they will do a limited run and chamber the rifles in something besides the 6.5 creedmoor.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by buglin_bob
I always found it strange Ruger made left hand scout rifles but finding a left hand markII or hawkeye in 308 or any other short action caliber is rare. Maybe they will do a limited run and chamber the rifles in something besides the 6.5 creedmoor.

This is the problem as fas as I’m concerned. Ruger made a 6mm ppc back in the 90s and it was a great target/varmint rifle. It was only available in right hand, but you know dam well they have the reamer and or the capability to ream a barrel in left hand for that cartridge. I know it’s outside the norm, but at a reasonable price, it can be done. Maybe they lack the confidence. To me it seems like just another phase of building. They can, for a few hundred dollars, plumb a barrel, put it together and send it out to an ffl. I get it if they don’t want to put a McMillan or HS stock and don’t want to mess with a trigger, but cartridge, barrel length, twist and contour should be as easy of a build as they come. We will never agree on those things for a production run, but at least you’re closer to what you want and some of us that can’t agree on things are into not spending a lot of money. By that I mean if someone wants to change the barrel on a Ruger American and not spend an arm and a leg, they can still have the Tupperware stock with plastic trigger guard and all and still have a rifle that’s close to what they want with the cartridge they desire. Ruger is one of the companies that has lasted longer than their competitors and bought up a few other companies along the way. Why can’t they do that in the Custom Shop? It not only seems easy to me, it seems like they would have a huge fan base because of it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaintedDesert
Originally Posted by buglin_bob

This is the problem as fas as I’m concerned. Ruger made a 6mm ppc back in the 90s and it was a great target/varmint rifle. It was only available in right hand, but you know dam well they have the reamer and or the capability to ream a barrel in left hand for that cartridge. I know it’s outside the norm, but at a reasonable price, it can be done. Maybe they lack the confidence. To me it seems like just another phase of building. They can, for a few hundred dollars, plumb a barrel, put it together and send it out to an ffl. I get it if they don’t want to put a McMillan or HS stock and don’t want to mess with a trigger, but cartridge, barrel length, twist and contour should be as easy of a build as they come. We will never agree on those things for a production run, but at least you’re closer to what you want and some of us that can’t agree on things are into not spending a lot of money. By that I mean if someone wants to change the barrel on a Ruger American and not spend an arm and a leg, they can still have the Tupperware stock with plastic trigger guard and all and still have a rifle that’s close to what they want with the cartridge they desire. Ruger is one of the companies that has lasted longer than their competitors and bought up a few other companies along the way. Why can’t they do that in the Custom Shop? It not only seems easy to me, it seems like they would have a huge fan base because of it.

Because that is a retail transaction that Ruger is not setup to handle. There’s only a couple of bucks to be made, but every rifle and pistol looney is going to want to have four twenty minute phone calls discussing options and hunting stories before, maybe, making a decision.

And then half of said rifle looneys are going to bitch all over the internet that they couldn’t get what they wanted and Ruger sucks……

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
479 members (1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 42 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,079 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,733
Posts18,400,955
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.