Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
With a sales tax, during inflation your taxes go up dramatically. How much extra would have you paid the feds this last year?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
No exemptions, no refunds, 10% on every purchase made in America. With exception of real estate, that is an investment. We would even get 10% back from welfare recipients. Hoo Rah.

Services? To be determined? Possibly if the budget requires it.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by tophorsecop
Hell YES, the sooner the better...FLAT TAX...should take about 15-18% to fund the government...paid at the point of sale...no more payroll withholding for IRS...of course you still have the social security withholding...and most states/municipalities are around 8% sales tax, so about 25% tax rate on purchases...but no 36% income tax...almost everyone has skin in the game...those at the very bottom...paycheck-to-paycheck as you put it...some calculated number that equals the 15-18% of the poverty level spending, 1.5 times the poverty level spending, 2X the poverty level spending...congress sets the number...about the only number they set...all other deductions go away...that "poverty level adjustment number" gets sent in the form of a direct payment to the address on your voter ID card...move and don't change your voter ID address...sorry your check can't find you !
I don't think it would take more than 10%, possibly 12%, if every person paid on every purchase.

No exclusions for those under the poverty line. (Less reason for them to vote liberal, if they have skin in the game.

No exclusion for used autos or other personal property purchased second hand.

No enhanced tax rate for "luxery items".

No tax on savings or investments. It is a SALES tax.

Yes, it is a national sales tax. I believe the authors concluded it would have to be around 20% to fund government which is significantly lower than what we are all paying now
Did those authors anticipate nearly half the population would given tax exemption cards? And exempt previously used items from tax? In an effort to shift tax to the wealthy?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
No exemptions, no refunds, 10% on every purchase made in America. With exception of real estate, that is an investment. We would even get 10% back from welfare recipients. Hoo Rah.

Why exempt real estate? Opens the door. It’s either exemptions or no exemptions. wink

MAGA
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
You just know it's going to be added to the income tax, they ain't going to do you any favors.
It should be a bill that does two things simultaneously, i.e., eliminate the IRS and institute the flat tax, with exemptions only for food (not restaurants) and medicine.
Screw that! Tax those EBT cards just like that new Mercedes.

10% on everything for everyone!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hell YES, the sooner the better...FLAT TAX...should take about 15-18% to fund the government...paid at the point of sale...no more payroll withholding for IRS...of course you still have the social security withholding...and most states/municipalities are around 8% sales tax, so about 25% tax rate on purchases...but no 36% income tax...almost everyone has skin in the game...those at the very bottom...paycheck-to-paycheck as you put it...some calculated number that equals the 15-18% of the poverty level spending, 1.5 times the poverty level spending, 2X the poverty level spending...congress sets the number...about the only number they set...all other deductions go away...that "poverty level adjustment number" gets sent in the form of a direct payment to the address on your voter ID card...move and don't change your voter ID address...sorry your check can't find you !
I don't think it would take more than 10%, possibly 12%, if every person paid on every purchase.

No exclusions for those under the poverty line. (Less reason for them to vote liberal, if they have skin in the game.

Yes, it is a national sales tax. I believe the authors concluded it would have to be around 20% to fund government which is significantly lower than what we are all paying now
Did those authors anticipate nearly half the population would given tax exemption cards? And exempt previously used items from tax? In an effort to shift tax to the wealthy?

If you mean most Americans can only afford baseline necessities and used items on which taxes have already been previously collected, then yes.

You do understand that those same folks pay about zero federal taxes under the system now?

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Why exempt real estate? Opens the door. It’s either exemptions or no exemptions. wink

Amen, I am paying 3K+ in property taxes, with 2700 of that to educate somebody else’s kids and illegals.

Swifty
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

Real estate is an investment. Investments should be strongly encouraged.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

This is why it’d never work. Too many carve outs. Exempting investments just keeps status quo. Or worse.

It’s either a flat tax or it’s not.

MAGA
IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

If you mean most Americans can only afford baseline necessities and used items on which taxes have already been previously collected, then yes.

You do understand that those same folks pay about zero federal taxes under the system now?
That is the problem. Those people pay zero into the system, and they suck it dry.

They have no skin in the game, and are highly motivated to maintain the status quo.

Every person should have to contribute their percentage.

I do not care how many times an ITEM gets taxed. Every dollar spent, rather than invested, should be taxed.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

This is why it’d never work. Too many carve outs. Exempting investments just keeps status quo. Or worse.

It’s either a flat tax or it’s not.

Yup, sales tax on the price of the home, buyer has to pay 20% premium at purchase. That makes housing affordable. And if you think that .gov wouldn’t increase the welfare benefit to make up for the increase. Dream on.

Swifty
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
A flat tax, on income, does not need to be more than 6%. That would bring in about $1.26 trillion dollars. And, they are not going to get rid of the other taxes. They collected $4.1 trillion + in 2021.

Real estate sales was 27 trillion. And who in the f-c-k-n-g mind would want to apply a tax on that! Car sales too? NOOOOO.

Quite simply, instead of everyone trying to figure out a way for the government to tax us less they should be telling the congressman or senator that out government needs to spend less. Especially in foreign aid.

Last edited by Marley7x57; 01/26/23.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Amen, I am paying 3K+ in property taxes, with 2700 of that to educate somebody else’s kids and illegals.
But you are not paying it to the feds. This discussion is pertinent to Fed taxes. It will not affect local tax, nor, I assume SS and Medicare.

I pay about $600/year on 1250 sq feet, 3 bed, 2 bath, on 20 acres of grass and alfalfa.

You choose your location, you choose your house. And you pay your bills.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
We have so many taxes hidden now it’s pitiful. Government agencies have been regulating and taxing with impunity since their inception. State and local taxes add to the burden. Government cannot afford to simplify the mess they’ve created.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Marley7x57
A flat tax, on income, does not need to be more than 6%.
But then you still have the IRS prying into people's private affairs.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

That is the problem. Those people pay zero into the system, and they suck it dry.

They have no skin in the game, and are highly motivated to maintain the status quo.

Every person should have to contribute their percentage.

I do not care how many times an ITEM gets taxed. Every dollar spent, rather than invested, should be taxed.
Exempting investment encourages growth, which enhaces revenue generation.

Ask Reagan or Trump.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Unfair to the poor, that's the drum they will beat.

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Marley7x57
A flat tax, on income, does not need to be more than 6%.
But then you still have the IRS prying into people's private affairs.

I would rather have them than the FBI and NSA if I truly had a choice.

Last edited by Marley7x57; 01/26/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Once you tax them a penny then the leftists will want a dime. then it's 25 cents then it's a buck. Once this door opens there is no stopping it. Look at the gasoline tax in the blue States. How much get's diverted ?? No more federal taxes. Let the States do a consumption tax but NOT the Feds.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1234, 74 invisible), 2,509 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,845
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.