Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Has Nosler gone FULL Queef and stopped making them?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
Look again. On the shelf right next to the 7mm and 30cal Ballistic Tips. Oh, wait....never mind. Must be a "Supply Chain" thing. Or something........

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Ukrainian snipers demand nothing but the best……😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
May be one of those spiffy MBA types from the old Remington managed to land at Nosler and started thinking:

Partitions? ain't those things like really old, and OMG, no plastic tip and not bonded??? Whose gonna buy that crap?

My formula crammed spreadsheet says to drop that POS from the product line and spiff something up with, oh, how about fluorescent plastic tip? Yea, all my education says we'll sell bunches of them.

That, or mebbe more hats...

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Jorge1: I have a lifetime supply of my beloved Nosler 30 caliber 165 grain Partitions.
I suggest (apparently YOU have NOT learned!) that if you have a favorite load/loading component that you set aside a lifetime supply of that item.
I have weathered several "shortages" over the last 16 - 20 years without "pain" by doing as I suggest. Which grain weight 30 caliber Nosler Partion - I will get on the lookout for you.
Good luck in finding what you need in todays markets.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Jorge,

One of the obvious answers is that during each of the repeated "shortages" of the past 30 years or so (the first occurred after the Clinton "assault rifle ban), component companies could not keep up with demand. Their logical response was to concentrate production on their best-selling items--and I doubt the 150 Partition sells nearly as well as Nosler's other .30 caliber Partitions. An educated guess would be that the big .30-caliber sellers would be the 165- and 180-grain--with the 180 probably leading.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Jorge,

One of the obvious answers is that during each of the repeated "shortages" of the past 30 years or so (the first occurred after the Clinton "assault rifle ban), component companies could not keep up with demand. Their logical response was to concentrate production on their best-selling items--and I doubt the 150 Partition sells nearly as well as Nosler's other .30 caliber Partitions. An educated guess would be that the big .30-caliber sellers would be the 165- and 180-grain--with the 180 probably leading.

180 Partitions is specifically what I'm looking for. I have about 150 left....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Jorge1: I have a lifetime supply of my beloved Nosler 30 caliber 165 grain Partitions.
I suggest (apparently YOU have NOT learned!) that if you have a favorite load/loading component that you set aside a lifetime supply of that item.
I have weathered several "shortages" over the last 16 - 20 years without "pain" by doing as I suggest. Which grain weight 30 caliber Nosler Partion - I will get on the lookout for you.
Good luck in finding what you need in todays markets.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

That’s it! Twist the knife!😜

Actually, I’ve done the same myself when others have complained about shortages. I’ve resolved to not be that guy in the future, if I can control my Inner Jackass.

I’ve been revamping my loading area lately and was amazed at all the bullets I have on hand, so my other resolution is to shoot them up before I buy more, easier to do now with so many good ones absent from the market. Many are from SPS, but there’s also a lot acquired according to your strategy. Things don’t always go as planned though, and stuff piles up.

Good luck, Jorge. Sorry I can’t help you with those.

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Jorge,

I was in somewhat the same place a year or so ago after buying my Griffin & Howe Springfield. Happened to find some of the 180 Protected Point Partition "blems" on sale through their Shooters Pro Shop, so restocked with those--as their slightly lower BC wouldn't make any difference at the ranges I'd be shooting with the G&H and its Lyman Alaskan scope. So I bought 300.

(With one exception, have yet to be able to detect any difference between Nosler "firsts" and their "blems," whether in appearance or performance--and have used blems for a lot of my hunting since the late 1980s. The exception was some 200-grain .30 Partitions that did have small but visible flaws in the finish--but they still worked fine.)

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
sometimes blems are actually just a over run , i got some of them in the past

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
IC B3

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Jorge,

I was in somewhat the same place a year or so ago after buying my Griffin & Howe Springfield. Happened to find some of the 180 Protected Point Partition "blems" on sale through their Shooters Pro Shop, so restocked with those--as their slightly lower BC wouldn't make any difference at the ranges I'd be shooting with the G&H and its Lyman Alaskan scope. So I bought 300.

(With one exception, have yet to be able to detect any difference between Nosler "firsts" and their "blems," whether in appearance or performance--and have used blems for a lot of my hunting since the late 1980s. The exception was some 200-grain .30 Partitions that did have small but visible flaws in the finish--but they still worked fine.)

John, I too have found no difference with "blems" or protected v spitzers. Hell, I'll take a round nose!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I recently bought 150 off the shelf at a local shop. They were in the most recent packaging. I also bought some of the “seconds” that looked nearly identical except they had a very shallow cannelure. One thing I noticed is that there was some variance in the location of the cannelure within the lot. They shot just a little worse than the “firsts”, but still absolutely precise enough for my purpose.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I 'solved' my 180 gr. Partition problem with 180 gr. A-Frames.

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Ukrainian snipers demand nothing but the best……😂

Then the LAST bullet they would pick would be a Partition.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Puddle

I haven't used them on game yet, but I just picked up 600 Speer Hot Core 165 gr soft point boat-tails. They advertise a good BC and I'm sure they will be enough for Missouri whitetail and whatever varmints I happen across on the farm--hogs, coyotes, bobcats, ground hogs, etc. For 1/4 of the price as Partitions, its hard to justify not shooting them.

Last edited by drop_point; 01/27/23.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by drop_point

I haven't used them on game yet, but I just picked up 600 Speer Hot Core 165 gr soft point boat-tails. They advertise a good BC and I'm sure they will be enough for Missouri whitetail and whatever varmints I happen across on the farm--hogs, coyotes, bobcats, ground hogs, etc. For 1/4 of the price as Partitions, its hard to justify not shooting them.

Speer boat tails are not of Hot Cor construction unless something has changed. The boat tails are deliberately made "softer" than the flat base Hot Cor bullets.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by drop_point

Speer boat tails are not of Hot Cor construction unless something has changed. The boat tails are deliberately made "softer" than the flat base Hot Cor bullets.

You could be right. They should be waiting for me next week when I get home. However, the point remains.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
What will be the launcher?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ve got a whole bunch of .308 Winchesters they will be used in, but my main rifles are a T3X Superlite, an old Ruger M77 MK II that’s been worked over, and a little Rem 700 VS that has a barrel shortened to 18” and threaded for a suppressor. I’ll save the partitions for big game and shoot the cheap Speers.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
From a 308 the Speers should be good deer and hog bullets.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 6MMWASP, 44automag, 11 invisible), 1,701 guests, and 715 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,174
Posts18,465,421
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.