-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I apologize for actually weighing my bullets………

Jeeeez ….,time 4 a nap buddy?

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

GB1

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by Puddle
May be one of those spiffy MBA types from the old Remington managed to land at Nosler and started thinking:

Partitions? ain't those things like really old, and OMG, no plastic tip and not bonded??? Whose gonna buy that crap?

My formula crammed spreadsheet says to drop that POS from the product line and spiff something up with, oh, how about fluorescent plastic tip? Yea, all my education says we'll sell bunches of them.

That, or mebbe more hats...

I went to Nosler at SHOT and brought this theory up directly to a salesperson I know who's been around a while. The answer was no we haven't gone full Leupold yet... (Being that both are Oregon companies this seems completely plausible to have wandered off the res in the last 10-15 years)
What I did learn was and it was reiterated to us that we would have .30cal Partitions in the 3rd or 4th quarter of 2023. My response was great now go buy your planning/production team a [bleep] calendar cause that's hunting season. So, we'll have our beloved Partitions for the 24-hunting season.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Angus1895
I apologize for actually weighing my bullets………

Jeeeez ….,time 4 a nap buddy?

No need to apologize to me. grin

You brought up the subject of varying weights. Thought I would provide the information on the C grade bullets I received.

Arcus Venator
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Not Partitions, but SPS has 165 Accubonds in stock.

Scott
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
165 Partitions on SPS site right now. Still a bit spendy for blems, but that's the world we live in now.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by CRS
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Has Nosler gone FULL Queef and stopped making them?

I do not think they have stopped making them, as they are still listed by Nosler and many sellers.

Unfortunately, this is the times we are in. Just keep looking, that has been my strategy. When they show up, grab them.

After getting caught with the Obama era shortages, never again. Biden/Covid has impacted me a little by not always having my first choice in powders, or bullets.

Unfortunately no matter how much we argue about minutiae on this site, there are plenty of other products that will do a great job.

Do not know what you are shooting them out, but Midway lists three 180gr bullets I would not be afraid to use in place of the partition.
Hornady IL
Hornady CX
Barnes TSX
And barnes is a better bullet for big game by far anyway. I'm just not impressed with partitions vs barnes on moose and big bears.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Jorge1: I have a lifetime supply of my beloved Nosler 30 caliber 165 grain Partitions.
I suggest (apparently YOU have NOT learned!) that if you have a favorite load/loading component that you set aside a lifetime supply of that item.
I have weathered several "shortages" over the last 16 - 20 years without "pain" by doing as I suggest. Which grain weight 30 caliber Nosler Partion - I will get on the lookout for you.
Good luck in finding what you need in todays markets.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Literally not buying 1000 bullets when we get a new barrel at a minimum is dumb. BTDT. Pants down. We try like heck not to let it happen ever again.

One rule of thumb the last 15 years or so is... powder only comes in 8 pound containers. Primers only come in 5000 sleeves. And bullets only come in lots of 1000. Minimum.

I can see getting caught. It just happens.

Sure hope you find some. I think I have some but likely its a box or even only part of a box. I had some issues with the 180s in the 300 mags years ago and quit using the partitions at that point in favor of the barnes.

I will go look one day when I'm around the house and see if I can find them in the old loading room if there are any left.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Onstep
Originally Posted by Puddle
May be one of those spiffy MBA types from the old Remington managed to land at Nosler and started thinking:

Partitions? ain't those things like really old, and OMG, no plastic tip and not bonded??? Whose gonna buy that crap?

My formula crammed spreadsheet says to drop that POS from the product line and spiff something up with, oh, how about fluorescent plastic tip? Yea, all my education says we'll sell bunches of them.

That, or mebbe more hats...

I went to Nosler at SHOT and brought this theory up directly to a salesperson I know who's been around a while. The answer was no we haven't gone full Leupold yet... (Being that both are Oregon companies this seems completely plausible to have wandered off the res in the last 10-15 years)
What I did learn was and it was reiterated to us that we would have .30cal Partitions in the 3rd or 4th quarter of 2023. My response was great now go buy your planning/production team a [bleep] calendar cause that's hunting season. So, we'll have our beloved Partitions for the 24-hunting season.

What I know about the bullet building business is nothing, so there's that. BUT, I wonder which Partition is the best seller. I'd guess it's the 180gr 30 Cal (maybe the 7mm 160?). I base this on a minimally educated wild guess, but would hope that keeping that one in production would be a company priority. I'd like to see some 180 BTs, too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Does anybody but me use the classifieds here with a WTB ad for such issues??

No doubt one could probably have a minimum of 100 of these headed his way within 24 hours of placing an ad.

Leave it up for a week and you will have more bullets than you can shoot in a lifetime.

Guess it's easier to complain than to take action.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Does anybody but me use the classifieds here with a WTB ad for such issues??

No doubt one could probably have a minimum of 100 of these headed his way within 24 hours of placing an ad.

Leave it up for a week and you will have more bullets than you can shoot in a lifetime.

Guess it's easier to complain than to take action.

WTB ads are not without their own problems. On a site with known members, like this one, scammers can mostly be avoided. I did get some 30cal Trophy Bonded Tips that way (could always use more HINT). It's still not unreasonable to expect some Noslers to show up for sale at retail. Congrats on your success, though.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought two boxes of Nosler #54825 .30 cal, 180 gr. Accubonds yesterday at one of my local stores. Left seven more boxes there for anyone else needing them.

Good shootin' -Al

Forbidden Zoner
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

163 members (2ndwind, aaronward9, 17CalFan, 907brass, 257_X_50, 30 invisible), 1,933 guests, and 1,015 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,493
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.