Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
I called several motorcycle shops within 200 miles of north central arkansas today.

They now have some small dual sport motorcycles sitting on the floor. Some have been there since mid December.
Sales guys said they've called the folks who asked to be notified when some models came in but most of them declined buying.

I asked if they were coming off of the full MSRP/Freight/set-up etc. - no, < there's your sign....

One guy was up on all the mega companies laying off thousands of employees. He is looking for a better job.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are you shopping at small mom-and-pop cycle shops or the mega-dealerships?

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Ok.... I'm shopping for a 650-700cc street bike to just putter around with in the summer....

What is your thinking.... should I be shopping now or wait another two months ??

Well... we have come to the point.... where... the parasites are killing the host. It's only a matter of time now.

They only win.... when they cheat.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by mikieb
Ok.... I'm shopping for a 650-700cc street bike to just putter around with in the summer....

What is your thinking.... should I be shopping now or wait another two months ??
You buy bikes in the winter. Definitely don’t wait til spring.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
100%. Call for a quote on the day with the worst weather closest to months end.

IC B2

O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Are you shopping at small mom-and-pop cycle shops or the mega-dealerships?

Not sure how big the shops were, looked up shops on bike trader.

I read on adventure rider that some shops in the north east have 2-3 small dual-sports of each model they sell.

Originally Posted by mikieb

Not sure? sales always pick up as the weather warms? So? I'm holding off, but I've already got some rides.

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The young men who are at the age where young men start wanting a motorcycle have yet to learn how to drive a manual shift car.

Being able to operate a clutch and shifter is a very fundamental part of operating the vast majority of motorcycles.

Besides,....everybody under 45 is broke.

O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The young men who are at the age where young men start wanting a motorcycle have yet to learn how to drive a manual shift car.

Being able to operate a clutch and shifter is a very fundamental part of operating the vast majority of motorcycles.

Back a year or so ago I heard an upper 20's guy say the $1400 c-19 check was the most money he had ever had. Not much later heard another say basically the same thing.

Posted by Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

LOL, sure thing gramps

O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by hillestadj

LOL, sure thing gramps
Stay-out-of-this-thread-Mister

Posted by Bristoe
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

LOL, sure thing gramps

I have to agree.... even my local McDonalds is paying almost $20/hour... Young guys living at home are making BANK right now....

Well... we have come to the point.... where... the parasites are killing the host. It's only a matter of time now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ol_mike
...I asked if they were coming off of the full MSRP/Freight/set-up etc. - no, < there's your sign.....
Last summer I had a wild hair for a Suzuki DR650, nice old school dual sport thumper. Inventory was scarce all over but one dealer in the next town over had one so I took it for a spin and asked him to write up a quote. He wrote down MSRP plus the usual tax, tags, freight and dealer prep, then threw in a few "just cause we say so" charges, all of which totaled about $2,000 over MSRP.

I thanked him for the ride and wished him good luck with the sale.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

LOL, sure thing gramps
LoL. Yep. Maybe time for Bristo to look for a trike.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
...I asked if they were coming off of the full MSRP/Freight/set-up etc. - no, < there's your sign.....
Last summer I had a wild hair for a Suzuki DR650, nice old school dual sport thumper. Inventory was scarce all over but one dealer in the next town over had one so I took it for a spin and asked him to write up a quote. He wrote down MSRP plus tax, tags, freight and a few "just cause we say so" charges which came in a tad over $2,000 above MSRP.

I thanked him for the ride and wished him good luck with the sale.

Very few people play hardball with them.
Especially someone trying to get financed at a dealership.

Posted by Bristoe
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Walk in the shop during a massive snow storm and make your offer. Be reasonable, dealer has bills and employees to pay as well.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Walk in the shop during a massive snow storm and make your offer. Be reasonable, dealer has bills and employees to pay as well.

Ok, Ya.... that is a good plan, but in the world I am... Everywhere you go they have the sales floors full of $25k snowmobiles and $30k side by sides and I want a $9k scooter. They are all selling snow sleds.

I will give it a try next week and report back.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

LOL, sure thing gramps

translation: I really am a grandpa. smirk

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Right now is all in the middle of a big change. No inventory for nearly 2 years, ravenous buyers with stim money. Buying any freakin thing.

Now, & in just he last few months inventory catching up & stimulus money is gone. Dealers are going to have to start "dealing" again & some haven't realized that, or hoping the buyer hasn't.

Soon to be a buyers market IMO.

O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

LOL, sure thing gramps

translation: I really am a grandpa. smirk

YOU just made "THE LIST" ->MISTER.................

Posted by Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Our local Kawasaki dealer sells Triumphs and Suzuki as well. There are motorcycles on the floor but by May they will all be gone. And he will get full price for everyone except for the big cruiser used models . It seems people are going back to the smaller motorcycles. The wealthy boomers are selling those cruisers and taking a loss. Riding is getting to risky for the boomers especially on the big bikes.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
692 members (10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 222ND, 75 invisible), 2,779 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,628
Posts18,398,765
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.