B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I hear good thangs. Hint.............

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

I kinda dig the stickiness of it. I don’t care more/less for camo but it is tacky feeling.

Semper Fi
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by beretzs
Midwest Gun Works still had 6 Arc Carbons last time I looked.

Made me look....but I was disappointed...

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Midwest Gun Works still had 6 Arc Carbons last time I looked.

Made me look....but I was disappointed...

Sorry bout that JM. Should’ve looked before I got your hopes up! whistle

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You are a MEAN Fhuqker! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Action screw tourque? Both 50 in-lbs or?

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The OEM Dog Schit plastic bottom metal,is fhuqking tender. I'd go easy on TQ and call Wayne,for replacemen. Hint.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I like the idea of the cz bottom metal too that takes the cz magazines. Haven’t really made my mind up. My mind is made up on ordering the Timney from Wayne though.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now that I'm happy with my Wayne's World BM, (thanks again to 'Stick for guidance) I need to do something about the OEM stock. Budget always being a consideration, I'm eyeballing the Stocky's CF seconds, but not sure if the barrel channel is up to the job.

The barrel on my 300BO measures .855" 3¼ inches in front of the receiver and tapers to .755" to the muzzle of it's 16¼" barrel.

Anyone know what the barrel channel is like on the carbon fiber from Stocky's?

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kaleb
I like the idea of the cz bottom metal too that takes the cz magazines. Haven’t really made my mind up. My mind is made up on ordering the Timney from Wayne though.

You may want to hold off just a bit on your decision. Chris@ Jefferson Outdoor is expecting his latest rendition of hinged floorplates back from the anodizing soon. The mag box on those is the same as his blind box, 2.450”. He’s run 140gr Match Burners in his Grendel and hit the rifling at 2.375.

The site doesn’t specifically mention the ARC yet, so I’d call before ordering to make certain you have an exit route on anything that doesn’t work out. From my contacts with him, I doubt there’d be a problem, but best to have that up front.

https://jeffersonoutdoor.com/

What fresh Hell is this?
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Thank you.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by Kaleb

You may want to hold off just a bit on your decision. Chris@ Jefferson Outdoor is expecting his latest rendition of hinged floorplates back from the anodizing soon. The mag box on those is the same as his blind box, 2.450”. He’s run 140gr Match Burners in his Grendel and hit the rifling at 2.375.

The site doesn’t specifically mention the ARC yet, so I’d call before ordering to make certain you have an exit route on anything that doesn’t work out. From my contacts with him, I doubt there’d be a problem, but best to have that up front.

https://jeffersonoutdoor.com/

Interesting.
3 down.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Looks somewhat familiar. Hint.

Said scope and mounting system,are easily sub 30 ounces. Hint.

The Chop do fhuqking wonders. Hint..........

except Dave's has no rust on the barrel, the action and the scope rings...
guess he hasn't washed out the chamber in the creek after shooting salmon for dinner...yet..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire's HILARIOUSLY very WELL founded Insecurities,reminded me that Jefferson Guts & Mags are enroute,which will give her yet more to vicariously "live" for...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

R&D never ends. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
What kinda COAL outta the CZ mags?

Semper Fi
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
2.3 something or other in .223. No problem for my use. I wanted metal mags with good retention and reliable feeding. Got it.

A new improved mag latch that won’t require filing on some of the three-round mags is on the mail, sent free by Chris at J.O. Appreciate that. If I ever buy another Mini, J.O. stuff will certainly be on the possibles list for upgrades. With a theee-rounder in place, it looks pretty much like a rifle with a floorplate.

[Linked Image]

BTW, while futzing with the barrel channel on my Carbon Mini, I used the old bread bag fastener trick to increase clearance. Wasn’t quite thick enough to totally float the barrel, but it did make enough difference that I went ahead and sanded it out properly. Problem solved. However, the slight difference that piece of plastic made in the relationship between the magazine and the action resulted in the bolt often passing right over the top round instead of picking it up. If I pushed up on the mag, no problem, so it’s a narrow window. Once reassembled without the shim, feeding was fine again.

Last edited by Pappy348; 01/31/23.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Thanks Pappy. Certainly like metal over plastic anytime I can get it.

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I can't know,until they get here,but plan on hating them...just like all other things CZ. Hint.(grin)

DBM's are easily adjustable in ride height and I'd simply open feed lips up,to get more bolt nose on case heads. That's DBM 101,no matter the Maker. Hint............

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I can't know,until they get here,but plan on hating them...just like all other things CZ. Hint.(grin)

DBM's are easily adjustable in ride height and I'd simply open feed lips up,to get more bolt nose on case heads. That's DBM 101,no matter the Maker. Hint............

It was worth a shot whistle

I was going to jump on the band wagon, but I can wait a couple days for you to verify.

Semper Fi
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Same here

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Worse comes to worse,I'll give it all to a pard,as several like the Mini Howie in 7.62x39 for Boat Guns. Sea Otters HATE it. Hint................(grin)

Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, ATC, 12 invisible), 2,200 guests, and 722 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,668
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.