Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
My Excl Lite 6 ARC got here today. Was surprised it came with a set of bottom metal (plastic) and action screws…like Howa knew I’d want a different stock…gonna play with it. Gotta feeling a B&C or Stockys is in the future. I don’t care about it being light, really wanted it for a practice comp gun.

GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by ChrisAU
My Excl Lite 6 ARC got here today. Was surprised it came with a set of bottom metal (plastic) and action screws…like Howa knew I’d want a different stock…gonna play with it. Gotta feeling a B&C or Stockys is in the future. I don’t care about it being light, really wanted it for a practice comp gun.

What's the twist rate on your ARC? I thought the minis were all 1-8, but I could have sworn I saw a picture of a 1-7.5 somewhere that looked factory.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
^
You did, about a dozen posts up.

Originally Posted by Big Stick
If only the Howies were Stainless. Hint.............

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
^
You did, about a dozen posts up.

If only the Howies were Stainless. Hint.............

That's the one, certainly doesn't look like a custom tube with the bit about reading the manual, yet every bit of copy I can find from manufacturer or retailer product pages plus some earlier reports says 1-8. So I'm curious if they've made the change wholesale, just to the carbon series, or what?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Mine is a 7.5 as well. As is my Howa 6 Creed. They did them right.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Last edited by beretzs; 03/03/23.

Semper Fi
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I'll have to check but I believe mine is 7.5 as well.

Also have a B&C on order...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Considering the price, a feller could afford both types if it made him happy. I like the CZ mags, but $150 ain’t much of a disincentive if I decided to run something long. Not sure what bullets will spin in a 1-8” .223 that won’t fit in a 2.3-something” magazine, and what use I would have for them here in the wooded East is another question.
I regularly run 80s at > 2.4" OAL

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My CZ mag's are 2.325" tight,which is ASC AR mag confines and why I love them for 75 HPBT's in 223 and 88's in 22 PPC AFI. Hint.

While COAL is obviously a factor,the .100"++ leap to the lands,do no fhuqking favors. Hint.

The Mini is best in 22 PPC AFI,followed by 243 Grendel and lastly 264 Grendel. The shorter case,with greater capacity,simply slams doors shut and rules the roost. Wayne's World BDL metal,do many favors,while OEM and CZ DBM's do not. Hint.

Identical COAL here. Hint.

Just sayin'..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anyone heard what box length of the in development BDL BM from Jefferson Outdoors is going to be? They've got pictures of it on their site, but it's listed as coming soon. The pictures make it look like they took a little different approach on the box itself.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's gonna be longer than OEM. Hint.(grin)

The new latch looks MUCH more promising. I'll have one for R&D,as quick as I can. I'm sure a phone call,would reveal all. Hint.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

The new latch looks MUCH more promising. I'll have one for R&D,as quick as I can. I'm sure a phone call,would reveal all. Hint.................

That JO unit looks like what I'd want.

Semper Fi
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It looks like a single-stack box.

When you get your hands on one, you'll spill your thoughts on it here, right?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've seen me critique wares and cascade those findings. Such things can be VERY good for Vendors. Hint...............(grin)

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by bruinruin

I believe the previous JO box was center feed design. I think the upcoming version will be a more traditional side/side.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by bruinruin

I believe the previous JO box was center feed design. I think the upcoming version will be a more traditional side/side.
Maybe so, but the limited pictures show a different appearance than that of the OG unit.

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
The internal length of the jefferson outdoor unit is 2.475 overall and that works out to being able to reliably feed a COAL of 2.450 in testing.

The current production is a stagger feed design instead of the original center feed design that was used on the first generation trigger guard, the change was made to make loading easier because the first generation was stiff to load.

The second generation also has a redesigned trigger bow and a much more positive floor plate latch to reduce the chance of accidental cartridge dumps.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Can I pay in advance? I they rate,I'll sell THE fhuqk outta' them. Hint...............(grin)

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
HPK,

Many thanks and I'll spill my guts on the findings. Hint.

For Spring Fling Splendor,I'll be sure to tote the 1D4/Siggy Artsy Fartsy 35mm Bokeh Bitch and the cup will runneth over. Within a rock toss of my front porch,I can think of (13) Howie Mini's to be dressed out. Hint.

Hell...I'm tying up Riggin' in advance already! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by beretzs
Mine is a 7.5 as well. As is my Howa 6 Creed. They did them right.[/quote

[quote=ChrisAU]I'll have to check but I believe mine is 7.5 as well.

Well alrighty then, the advertised (slower than SAAMI) 8 twist when they came out is what turned me off, because otherwise it looks like a perfect pairing. I've got a couple ARs so chambered, and really dig the little round, now I'm going to need a Mini with BDL bottom metal to go with them.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Gtscotty
Originally Posted by beretzs
Mine is a 7.5 as well. As is my Howa 6 Creed. They did them right.[/quote

[quote=ChrisAU]I'll have to check but I believe mine is 7.5 as well.

Well alrighty then, the advertised (slower than SAAMI) 8 twist when they came out is what turned me off, because otherwise it looks like a perfect pairing. I've got a couple ARs so chambered, and really dig the little round, now I'm going to need a Mini with BDL bottom metal to go with them.

Same here. The AR was initially what got me started. Once the Carbon came around it was an easy pick up. Looking forward to seeing what JO releases if BS didn’t hog them all whistle

Semper Fi
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

697 members (12344mag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 160user, 75 invisible), 3,031 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,267
Posts18,467,242
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.