Hop To
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
T
Torqued Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Is anyone running around killing varmints with a fast twist 220 swift.

If so tell me about the rifle.

What is the twist rate
What is the lightest bullets that it likes, as well as heavies
ETC

Thinking about having a lightweight swift built
99.8 % of all shots we have are inside of 225 yds with the biggest share less than 100. Don't see a need to pack a heavy barreled rifle around.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You are in wayyyyyyy over your head,budget and abilities...but it's fhuqking FUNNY! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Torqued

What is the twist rate
ETC

99.8 % of all shots we have are inside of 225 yds with the biggest share less than 100. Don't see a need to pack a heavy barreled rifle around.
The problem you will probably face is that with an 8 twist using say 75 ELD-M's, they will stick out further than what the magazines of most short actions allow. You might get 1 or 2 in the mag, but the Swift with its semi-rim stacks each round in front of the previous round. You can buy an extended mag for Remington 700 short actions which will fix the issue or you can get a reamer with a very short throat....but then you lose velocity as the projectiles are seated deeper into the case. If you are only shooting up to 225 yards, then no need to run high bc bullets, a 7 twist using the 77 grain all copper Barnes LRX might work with a standard throat without having cartridge over-all length problems. The rifle won't weigh much less as you'd want at least a 24" barrel on a Swift.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 01/28/23.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Why a Swift or anything else that hot anyway?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It would probably be fun as well as doing the job. Around 3200 fps with the heavies and around 35 grains of powder ain't that excessive, and he can shoot very large varmints such as burros as Ackley did, as well as small ones. That's less powder than the 300 Savage with half the weight projectile for example.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SniffleKchunt,

You are an Amazingly CLUELESS Sack Of Lying Fhuqking Schit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

What is a "heavy" and 35grs of "what",to preclude an "excessive" situation?!? Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
T
Torqued Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Big Stick
You are in wayyyyyyy over your head,budget and abilities...but it's fhuqking FUNNY! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Don't you need to freshen up the multi colored electrical tape on your Red Riders ?

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
SniffleKchunt,

You are an Amazingly CLUELESS Sack Of Lying Fhuqking Schit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

What is a "heavy" and 35grs of "what",to preclude an "excessive" situation?!? Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............
In relation to varmint bullets, 70 to around 77 is heavy. H4350 works ok. For high bc match bullets (which we aren't talking about), around 90 grains would be heavy. But Little Stick, make sure you start 10 % below the published max load data and work up very slowly looking for signs of pressure.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fhuqktard,

I simply shoot it all and then some. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

You "get" to look at the pics and read about it...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fhuqking LAUGHING!....................

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Fhuqktard,

I simply shoot it all and then some. Hint.

You "get" to look at the pics and read about it...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fhuqking LAUGHING!....................
Wow...I'm so "lucky". LOL.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SniffleKchunt,

You can't even fhuqking BEGIN to "do" for yourself and suck a mean ass,while "living" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

.585 BC here,in a real M40A1 return at 3200fps. Google as you MUST and lust as you do. Hint.

You'd need a fhuqking co-signer for the tape. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
SniffleKchunt,

You can't even fhuqking BEGIN to "do" for yourself and suck a mean ass,while "living" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

.585 BC here,in a real M40A1 return at 3200fps. Google as you MUST and lust as you do. Hint.

You'd need a fhuqking co-signer for the tape. Hint.

Yes, I know I'm very "lucky" as I said before. Why are you telling me I'm "lucky" again, when I've agreed that I'm "lucky"?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What is the twist rate
ETC

I have several 220 Swift rifles and have avoided the tendency to look for fast twist. What you are describing as you use for the rifle, the standard 1/12-1/14 is more than adequate.

The reason for the Swift is high velocity, why stifle it’s intent? I shoot 50 grain bullets in mine with fantastic success on varmints and velocity will always trump BC at the ranges you are talking about.

I had a Swift custom made by Dennis Olson and he said the same thing and put a 1/12 twist in the rifle and it works great…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
I agree with Shrapnel. I had one fast twist and finally had the barrel taken off and told the gunsmith to use it for a tomato stake.

Molon Labe
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
What does Hint mean?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
if I was going with those parameters the op listed I'd be building a 22 PPC or variant thereof or a 22BR ..
save the powder and recoil

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Fast twist Swifts are great. Run a long action. I like the idea, was in the process of building one, but went with a 8 twist 22-250. I could push a 75 grainer pretty good. But, if I were to do it all over again, go 22-6mm or 22-243. Those are the kings of 22 centerfires. Especially spring time coyotes and wind bucking. But the swift is cool. Good luck with your build

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Starting velocity,isn't arrival velocity and it's funnier than fhuqk to build a 220 Swift that can't keep pace with an 18" AR in 223. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

BC is the means to which impact velocity adheres and how atmospherics are slipped. An OEM 20" Teeker 223 8" RPM CTR,will fhuqking destroy a 1-12" Swift. .467 BC magfed Smooches,are beyond magnificent. Hint.

Not that CLUELESS Fhuqks trying to talk rifles,ain't funnier than fhuqk. Hint.

I'm likely sweet on 7" 22 PPC AFI's too. Hint.

Hell...I likely even shoot some 7" 22BR. Hint.

If only in fhuqking "fairness" I shoot 22-250 in 8" too,but MUCH prefer my 7",over it,my 9's and 14's. Same goes 22-250AI(7",7.75",8",9",12" and 14"). Which of course is a constant in 224 Speedmire(7",7.5 and 8's). I don't gun a .224" bore of more capacity than a CHeetah though. Hint.

The STUPIDITY is fhuqking Magnificent Ladies...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Starting velocity,isn't arrival velocity and it's funnier than fhuqk to build a 220 Swift that can't keep pace with an 18" AR in 223. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

BC is the means to which impact velocity adheres and how atmospherics are slipped. An OEM 20" Teeker 223 8" RPM CTR,will fhuqking destroy a 1-12" Swift. .467 BC magfed Smooches,are beyond magnificent. Hint.

Not that CLUELESS Fhuqks trying to talk rifles,ain't funnier than fhuqk. Hint.

I'm likely sweet on 7" 22 PPC AFI's too. Hint.

Hell...I likely even shoot some 7" 22BR. Hint.

The STUPIDITY is fhuqking Magnificent Ladies...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Attaboy Dopey! this isn't about BC, you dumb turd, it is about shooting varmints under 225 yards. BC won't do a single thing for you at that distance...

Read that again, Hint laffin' Yuk, Yuk...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SchitSmell,

Your STUPIDITY and inabilities are not the bane of all...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

BC advantages start at the muzzle and simply never wane. The only things you "shoot" are your mouth and Imagination. Pardon my being afforded the luxuries,of simply shooting it all and then some,while you "get" to read about it. Hint.

Do NOT "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery,you Amazingly Inept CLUELESS Lying Fhuqk. Hint.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 1234, 68 invisible), 2,649 guests, and 1,346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,669
Posts18,455,992
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.