Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Glock 43, 10 yards rested, 100 grain hardcast, loaded on the light side with 4.5 grains of Bullseye. Probably about 1100 fps. It's not a target pistol. But it seems to hit close enough to where you point it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
There's not much if anything bad to say about the Glock 43, IMO. I would consider it a definite EDC option. It conceals just a smidge better than my current EDC, which is my Gen 5 Glock 26. I like the 26 a little better, though, just because you can keep loaded mags for it in the glove compartment (or your pocket) that are designed for the 19, 17, and 18, i.e., from 15 to 32 rounds per mag. There are some ten round extended mags for the 43, though.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
I almost bought the 42. But I chose the 9mm over the .380.

I've found a 100 grain bullet that expands at the upper end of .380 velocities but it sacrifices penetration as a result. It's no trick to take it to 1250 in the 9mm,...maybe even more. But I wanted to see if the Glock 43 would cycle it at around 1100 fps.

I was using the 100 grain cast bullets to check the 43s function at 1100 fps with a 100 grain bullet. No problem. It tosses the brass a good distance. In fact, it makes me wonder if the recoil spring in the 43 is a bit on the light side. A 100 grain bullet at 1100 fps will definitely rack the slide.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
You must have some big pockets. I thought my G42 might be a pocket carry option but in normal jeans forget it. Might be perfect if I ever start wearing some oversize bib-overalls. Nice shootin' by the way.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
No,..I'm not going to try to pocket it. In fact, I've given up on pocket carry for any of the small pistols,...too slow to get one out of your pocket. That's the main reason I stepped up in size from the LCP Max to the 43. I like the Max, but as long as I'm going to IWB carry a handgun, it might as well be a 9mm and it might as well be the size of a 43.

First Glock I've ever owned. It works very well for a 9mm pistol its size. As far as I can tell, it doesn't give up anything to a full size pistol except maybe capacity. It shoots and hits just like the rest of them.

But then,..the way I figure, it's going to be over one way or another by the time a person fires 7 rounds.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I'm generally with you on pocket carry. I even carry my Sig P238 IWB most of the time, when I carry it. On rare occasion, such as when going to the doctor, I pocket carry the Sig in an Alabama brand Kydex pocket holster.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Bristoe
No,..I'm not going to try to pocket it. In fact, I've given up on pocket carry for any of the small pistols,...too slow to get one out of your pocket. That's the main reason I stepped up in size from the LCP Max to the 43. I like the Max, but as long as I'm going to IWB carry a handgun, it might as well be a 9mm and it might as well be the size of a 43.

First Glock I've ever owned. It works very well for a 9mm pistol its size. As far as I can tell, it doesn't give up anything to a full size pistol except maybe capacity. It shoots and hits just like the rest of them.

But then,..the way I figure, it's going to be over one way or another by the time a person fires 7 rounds.

Just curious.....did you consider the Sig P365?

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
Just curious.....did you consider the Sig P365?

I've considered about every firearm out there at one time or another. There's many good compact 9mm handguns out there these days. It comes down to flipping a coin. The Glock 43 has turned out to be better than I expected. Today I found that it will cycle and shoot accurately when loaded with cast bullets at 1100 fps. That makes me believe that it will function and shoot accurately with about any reasonable load that I come up with.

I don't know how many compact 9mms will do that. I think I'm going to keep it.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by funflyer
You must have some big pockets. I thought my G42 might be a pocket carry option but in normal jeans forget it. Might be perfect if I ever start wearing some oversize bib-overalls. Nice shootin' by the way.

I can comfortably pocket carry a G43X in the pockets of my Duluth Trading jeans.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

No, it doesn’t.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by deflave

No, it doesn’t.

Something else you're an expert on?!! If you didn't suffer from CHPD (chuckle head personality disorder) you coulda been a contender!

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B

No, it doesn’t.

But anyway,....pick your 9mm of choice and go shoot a 15 shot group at 10 yards off a rest.

,...and there can't be any powder burns on the target, now. We know how you can be.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
It’s a great little carry gun

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by hikerbum
It’s a great little carry gun
Yeah but if you actually need to use it, why give up the 15 round capacity models ?the 48, 43x etc

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

No, it doesn’t.

Something else you're an expert on?!! If you didn't suffer from CHPD (chuckle head personality disorder) you coulda been a contender!

Does your Glock 17 shoot worse or the same?

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

No, it doesn’t.

But anyway,....pick your 9mm of choice and go shoot a 15 shot group at 10 yards off a rest.

,...and there can't be any powder burns on the target, now. We know how you can be.

You have a lot to learn about handgunning.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that…

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Glock 43, 10 yards rested, 100 grain hardcast, loaded on the light side with 4.5 grains of Bullseye. Probably about 1100 fps. It's not a target pistol. But it seems to hit close enough to where you point it.

Your ballistics are almost identical to the Hornady Critical Defense Lite. That is a 100gr Flex Tip at 1125 fps.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

Your ballistics are almost identical to the Hornady Critical Defense Lite. That is a 100gr Flex Tip at 1125 fps.

Yeah. I was considering the 43 to be a .380 +P+ when I bought it. I've found that it works very well at that power level.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
You have a lot to learn about handgunning.

And yet another thing you're an expert at!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 11point, 12344mag, 46 invisible), 2,534 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,961
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.