Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick
SchitSmell,

Your STUPIDITY and inabilities are not the bane of all...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

BC advantages start at the muzzle and simply never wane. The only things you "shoot" are your mouth and Imagination. Pardon my being afforded the luxuries,of simply shooting it all and then some,while you "get" to read about it. Hint.

Do NOT "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery,you Amazingly Inept CLUELESS Lying Fhuqk. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Pig Stink,

You have butchered the English language and are the posterchild of poor spelling, the only thing worse is your relevance.

The original post is about a 220 Swift at 225 yards or less. You post up a gallery of irrelevant pictures of a cave where only a trolling mindless loser would live.

Velocity works, BC is totally irrelevant. You post pictures of nothing associated with the topic, I will show the rest of the rational people what you don't understand about velocity.

These pictures are of high velocity with Remington .224 50 grain PLHP bullets with a low BC of .188...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These pictures are still with high velocity varmint bullets in everything from a .223- 220 Swift...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Thank you

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Slowwwww the fhuqk down and READ,in order to connect dots. My reply to the 4K fps .243" 70NBT,was in reference to the cited 6-284 chambering. Hint.

I MUCH prefer the Seexmire to the 243 Win,mainly because I have quite a few of each. No thang to get 3000fps out of a 112 in same,with a modest spout. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Winchester fhuqks RPM up in 6m,but their 264 Kreed is Skookum,after a mag swap and ejector trim. Smooches 147's and magfeeds same,now. Hint.

Pay attention ladies. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pig Stink
Slowwwww the fhuqk down and READ,in order to connect dots. My reply to the 4K fps .243" 70NBT,was in reference to the cited 6-284 chambering. Hint.

Pay attention ladies. Hint.

I am certain, or at least think I know what I'm talking about, or not. Hint Laffin'

Try reading again, my point slipped past your empty cranium. You would have to be color blind to not see what you didn't read. It may just be that you are color blind, ignorance is already a Hallmark of your existence

Originally Posted by shrapnel
Pig Stink,

You have butchered the English language and are the posterchild of poor spelling, the only thing worse is your relevance.
The original post is about a 220 Swift at 225 yards or less. You post up a gallery of irrelevant pictures of a cave where only a trolling mindless loser would live.

Velocity works, BC is totally irrelevant. You post pictures of nothing associated with the topic, I will show the rest of the rational people what you don't understand about velocity.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SchitSmell,

Be sure to cite any/all words that are "too big" or "too Technical" for you to "understand"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Rotational velocity,flings Goo better than lineal velocity and both in conjunction,set the bar. I get it,that you have nary a FIRST Fhuqking Clue and schit don't get fhuqking funnier than a Drooler trying to "talk" rifles. Hint.

The Big Green 50gr PLHP was a steaming pile of fhuqking schit 30yrs ago and of course remains so. Hint.

I've never had a Lot,that was a .188 G1 drag function and typically used .175,but will toss you a Midway cookie. Hint. LAUGHING!

The 50 PLHP with your inflated BC,"only" loses 1373fps to the 250yd line. Drifting 8"(rounded) at the same distance,in a 10mph FV. Fhuqking HILARIOUS,despite your inability to begin to "understand". Hint.

PLEASE "tell" me "more". You are doing fhuqking "GREAT!". You AMAZINGLY Inept Clueless Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Parker Ackley considered the .220 Swift to be the best deer cartridge that he had tried, and he had tried a lot. Yes at 225 yards other cartridges would work nearly as well with less powder etc, but a .220 Swift would have to be one of the most fun. It would also be very interesting to fully explore the very high velocity/small projectile theory fully. The only difference I would make to the classic 14 twist Swift is to go 12 twist so as to use the 53 grain Vmax as it's bc is higher than most other projectiles around that weight, and the 12 twist opens a few more doors for the all-copper bullets around 50 grains.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SniffleKchunt,

You've never even "seen" ANY of it,let alone "shot" it...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Gals who "know" and "do" as "much" as you,will ALWAYS be served best by asking questions,rather than giving "answers". A 12" RPM Swift can't begin to keep pace with a 7" 22BR. Hint.

17 Rem and 25 'Max at 4100fps. Hint.

You Droolers are a HOOT! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
A 12 twist Swift shooting 53 grain Vmax's at 3850 fps will completely destroy a "poor-feeding" 7 twist 22 BR over the distances in question ...225 yards. Little Stick, shooting a cartridge doesn't mean just shooting it with a camera to post pictures on a forum, it means, to have any relevance, shooting regularly at game for an extended period in the field.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 01/29/23.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
The JBM Ballistic chart of the 243 pushing a Barnes 112 gr Match Burner to 3300 fps that Big Stick posted....it says 243 caliber. What am I missing here?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SniffleKchunt,

You are talking about things you'e never "seen",let alone "done" and that are wayyyyyyyy beyond your "means","abilities" and "comprehension"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

For feed/function AICS DBM is without peer. Here,now you can say you've "seen" a 22BR,which makes this a Very BIG Day for you and your ilk. Hint. LAUGHING!

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

'70,

It's ONLY fhuqking funny,because you are doing your BEST...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

The 112 cited,is in fact .243" in diameter. So was the 70 NBT. Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for TRYING soooooooo hard and coming up sooooooooooo shy.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Parker Ackley considered the .220 Swift to be the best deer cartridge that he had tried, and he had tried a lot. Yes at 225 yards other cartridges would work nearly as well with less powder etc, but a .220 Swift would have to be one of the most fun. It would also be very interesting to fully explore the very high velocity/small projectile theory fully. The only difference I would make to the classic 14 twist Swift is to go 12 twist so as to use the 53 grain Vmax as it's bc is higher than most other projectiles around that weight, and the 12 twist opens a few more doors for the all-copper bullets around 50 grains.

Make sure you have a second barrel on hand for that. Velocity kills in more ways than one.

Swifty
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Lets get back to the swift and coyotes. The swift with a 14 twist or an 8 twist will kill any coyote at the original posters yardages and beyond. Build one and go kill them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He's not talking about a 243, he's talking about a 6-284 (both 243 calibers).
Originally Posted by Winnie70
The JBM Ballistic chart of the 243 pushing a Barnes 112 gr Match Burner to 3300 fps that Big Stick posted....it says 243 caliber. What am I missing here?
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Slowwwww the fhuqk down and READ,in order to connect dots. My reply to the 4K fps .243" 70NBT,was in reference to the cited 6-284 chambering.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Swifty - Yes, I agree that barrel life is not going to be great. I don't think it's velocity per se, but rather throat erosion and erosion from the larger amounts of powder and heat in a relatively small bore that causes the reduced barrel life. If you have several rifles, you don't have to use the Swift every time you go shoot some varmints. One more thing, every time you change cartridges for the latest design, you buy dies, reamers (sometimes), barrels, newer projectiles plus the cost of testing etc. A new Swift barrel more often than some other chambering that has a longer life is not that great an expense when all that is considered.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 01/29/23.
T
Torqued Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by EJKELLEY
Lets get back to the swift and coyotes. The swift with a 14 twist or an 8 twist will kill any coyote at the original posters yardages and beyond. Build one and go kill them.

Hell this thread has already been car jacked, hi-jacked kidnapped and murdered

Bout time for a new thread to talk about the 220 swift and only the 220 swift.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Twerked,

Moving your Incredible STUPIDITY,don't reduce your fhuqking STUPIDITY...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

It is fascinatingly HILARIOUS,how Facts so very reliably confound you CLUELESS Melting Snowflakes. 'Course,that's the only reason these simplistic matters are soooooooo fhuqking FUNNY! Hint.

Perhaps read your Signature,you Whining CLUELESS Fhuqk. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

Saved for Posterity!:

Hint................

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Swifty - Yes, I agree that barrel life is not going to be great. I don't think it's velocity per se, but rather throat erosion and erosion from the larger amounts of powder and heat in a relatively small bore that causes the reduced barrel life. If you have several rifles, you don't have to use the Swift every time you go shoot some varmints.

Then you don’t really have the desire to explore it fully. Takes a lot of pressure and powder to launch a 40 to 4400.

EJ, exactly a 50 BT leaving at 4000- 4100 will definitely ruin a yotes day at the OP’s range parameters.

Swifty
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Torqued
Originally Posted by EJKELLEY

Hell this thread has already been car jacked, hi-jacked kidnapped and murdered

Bout time for a new thread to talk about the 220 swift and only the 220 swift.

That can’t be done as the now known 22.250 was the original Swift design.

Swifty
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Little Stick, the way you respond to most people on this forum immediately gives the impression that you have significant psychological problems. It doesn't take much digging to work out why you might have such problems. Surely, it would be a better strategy for you to "disguise" any such issues, rather than alerting everyone who reads your posts? If you replied to everyone in a normal manner, they wouldn't think there was something wrong with you...surely that would be more in your own interests.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Swifty - Yes, I agree that barrel life is not going to be great. I don't think it's velocity per se, but rather throat erosion and erosion from the larger amounts of powder and heat in a relatively small bore that causes the reduced barrel life. If you have several rifles, you don't have to use the Swift every time you go shoot some varmints.

Then you don’t really have the desire to explore it fully. Takes a lot of pressure and powder to launch a 40 to 4400.

EJ, exactly a 50 BT leaving at 4000- 4100 will definitely ruin a yotes day at the OP’s range parameters.
Swifty, I never advocated a 40 or 50 grain at up to 4400. I suggested 3850 with a 53 grain bullet. My mention of fully explore was meant in the context of fully explore high velocity/small projectile as opposed to medium velocity/bigger caliber and also slow velocity /large bore.

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

610 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1Akshooter, 1badf350, 160user, 70 invisible), 2,252 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,306
Posts18,449,109
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.