Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I
ihookem Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
I was talking today about government freezing our accounts and the Canadian truckers came up. I was wondering, are they still unemployed , did they get their accounts unfrozen? Did they get their property back?? I hope all is well up there for them.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
BP-B2

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The freedom convoy is multi-faceted, so I don't know what is happening to some of the ones that were in Ottawa, but going to say with confidence that some still have their accounts/assets frozen.

I do know for sure that there are 4 men from the Coutts Alberta blockade still in jail since Feb 2022 and their trial doesn't begin until June 2023, lots of info just coming out now about how the RCMP vandalized innocent peoples equipment, seized property that amounts to illegal search and seizure. Lots of stuff just coming out now because people have been kept silent because they had charges against them, but now some charges have been dropped, so birdies will sing.

Many have had their reputations ruined and employment/jobs etc ..changed forever. It looks like the government or a bottom feeding snitch let out addys of people who gave to the freedom convoy and therefore were doxxed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
673;
Good afternoon to you my friend, I'm guessing the fire's burning hot up at your place too and hope the weekend has been a good one for you folks.

Recently I was watching an interview with someone involved with the organization of the Convoy but sorry I forget who it was or where, but likely True North, Rebel or Clyde do Something.

Anyway this chap claimed that the freezing of his accounts has permanently wrecked his credit rating so even though the bank involved "unfroze" the account, his ability to borrow money from any lending institution is now very much changed.

Thanks for the information regarding what happened down at Coutts, I've got family in that part of the world and will see what they've heard about anything if I'm able to.

All the best to you all this week.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
673, remember that Trudeau had enacted the emergency act so everything the RCMP did was completely within the law. One’s rights become secondary. No one will be held accountable for their actions during the police crackdown of the Freedom Convoy. The abuses, the searches, the seizures and thefts will all be ignored. This is Trudeau’s new world order.

Nick

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Nick1899
673, remember that Trudeau had enacted the emergency act so everything the RCMP did was completely within the law. One’s rights become secondary. No one will be held accountable for their actions during the police crackdown of the Freedom Convoy. The abuses, the searches, the seizures and thefts will all be ignored. This is Trudeau’s new world order.

Nick
I am not sure of the sequence of events regarding implementing of the act, the search and seizure.

Of course Trudeau and friends are going to squirm out of it, funny thing....he isn't intelligent enough to have gotten into this mess, nor get out of it, and it truly is like watching a puppet dance.

IC B2

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BC30cal
673;
Good afternoon to you my friend, I'm guessing the fire's burning hot up at your place too and hope the weekend has been a good one for you folks.

Recently I was watching an interview with someone involved with the organization of the Convoy but sorry I forget who it was or where, but likely True North, Rebel or Clyde do Something.

Anyway this chap claimed that the freezing of his accounts has permanently wrecked his credit rating so even though the bank involved "unfroze" the account, his ability to borrow money from any lending institution is now very much changed.

Thanks for the information regarding what happened down at Coutts, I've got family in that part of the world and will see what they've heard about anything if I'm able to.

All the best to you all this week.

Dwayne
I was abit surprised about the guys in jail, of course with the media we have...I should of known better and should of been aware of those fellows and their situation. If I find what I was reading I will post it up here.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here is something about the inquiry into the emergencies act.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you have nothing you have nothing to lose. Unfortunately, for those of us who have worked and slaved to get a home, a vehicle and some of the finer things in life like a good credit rating, dictators like Trudeau can screw up your life all the while depriving you of everything you worked for. Canada is a mess. tucker Carlson sees the same thing.
kwg

https://news.yahoo.com/tucker-carlson-says-us-military-232751815.html

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Coutts this weekend.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The Canadian truckers were perhaps the last resistance you'll see. In the future we will regret not standing behind them. What genuinely needs to happen is for these metro city areas to be shut down via supplies.

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
First of all Coutts, Alberta is a long way from Ottawa. The guys still in jail might not have had anything to do with the protest at Coutts. They had the guns in a trailer house only a few miles from the protest. The RCMP have been taking lessons from the FBI to wit—Gretchen Witmer case in Michigan and Trumps Russian collusion. One poor contractor had 3 big excavators located close to the border crossing at Coutts. The RCMP asked him to move them because they feared the protestors might use them to start stacking up cruisers. After the guy moved them out a few miles the rcmp went out to the excavators and tore out all the ignitions—thousands of dollars worth of damage.

Secondly the trucks were in the process of leaving when they brought in the tow trucks. Many of the drivers were charged—with mischief many were not. Many were just beaten up by unknown cops—you can see it in You-Tube. Of the trucks that were towed they were put in a parking lot outside of town and the cops—hard to say which cops since they were wearing masks and no name tags acted like a bunch of 7-grade bullies and broke out all the windows and did a bunch of expensive vandalism to the trucks.

The bank accounts that were seized where unfrozen after 48hrs when the emergency act was rescinded—otherwise the guys wouldn’t have been able to even leave town. Story I heard was the banks forced Trudeau to stop the seizures because they feared a run on the banks. Banking is different in Canada than in the US. There are lots of branches but only 8 or 10 banks total. Banks couldn’t afford American money flowing outta their accounts. Many of the truckers have since experienced problems with their banks and credit scores. I know personally 2 truckers who have had no problems because the bank manager at their branch was sympathetic to the protest.

There was a Canadian Veteran, Jeremy Mackenzie, not a trucker he’s disabled. He started an internet Meme called the country of Diagalon. It was a joke but a couple of poloticians thought it was real an brought it up in discussion in the House of Commons. They got embarrassed big time. He was arrested and refused bail for a criminal code violation—86.1–careless use of a firearm. He finally made bail but was de-banked by the Scotiabank—I am sure on orders from JT.

Canada has a Not-Withstanding Clause in its constitution. Which means the government can disregard the constitution when ever it feels like it—that’s why I tell people Canada is not a serious country.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kkahmann
First of all Coutts, Alberta is a long way from Ottawa. The guys still in jail might not have had anything to do with the protest at Coutts. They had the guns in a trailer house only a few miles from the protest. The RCMP have been taking lessons from the FBI to wit—Gretchen Witmer case in Michigan and Trumps Russian collusion. One poor contractor had 3 big excavators located close to the border crossing at Coutts. The RCMP asked him to move them because they feared the protestors might use them to start stacking up cruisers. After the guy moved them out a few miles the rcmp went out to the excavators and tore out all the ignitions—thousands of dollars worth of damage.

Secondly the trucks were in the process of leaving when they brought in the tow trucks. Many of the drivers were charged—with mischief many were not. Many were just beaten up by unknown cops—you can see it in You-Tube. Of the trucks that were towed they were put in a parking lot outside of town and the cops—hard to say which cops since they were wearing masks and no name tags acted like a bunch of 7-grade bullies and broke out all the windows and did a bunch of expensive vandalism to the trucks.

The bank accounts that were seized where unfrozen after 48hrs when the emergency act was rescinded—otherwise the guys wouldn’t have been able to even leave town. Story I heard was the banks forced Trudeau to stop the seizures because they feared a run on the banks. Banking is different in Canada than in the US. There are lots of branches but only 8 or 10 banks total. Banks couldn’t afford American money flowing outta their accounts. Many of the truckers have since experienced problems with their banks and credit scores. I know personally 2 truckers who have had no problems because the bank manager at their branch was sympathetic to the protest.

There was a Canadian Veteran, Jeremy Mackenzie, not a trucker he’s disabled. He started an internet Meme called the country of Diagalon. It was a joke but a couple of poloticians thought it was real an brought it up in discussion in the House of Commons. They got embarrassed big time. He was arrested and refused bail for a criminal code violation—86.1–careless use of a firearm. He finally made bail but was de-banked by the Scotiabank—I am sure on orders from JT.

Canada has a Not-Withstanding Clause in its constitution. Which means the government can disregard the constitution when ever it feels like it—that’s why I tell people Canada is not a serious country.
You're first paragraph is one of the things I was referring to. I was reading yesterday that the property owner where the guns were seized had to remain silent because of the charges they were facing, then recently the charges were dropped. So that person has allegations of their own to make public, and some of it refers to the guns. The RCMP claims on the guns and who owns them are allegations at this point.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
It got too cold to protest

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hanco
It got too cold to protest

It's even colder in a Prison Cell hanco, and with no TV you do not get to watch the Super Bowl, which would really suck!

The only way to stay warm in a Prison Cell is to cuddle your cell mate, and that is what you get for protesting in Cuba, oops I meant China, oops did it again, I meant Canada these days!

What it happening to the trucker protesters is similar to what is happening to the people that protested after the last corrupt election at the capital in the USA, if you know what I mean?

Last edited by KillerBee; 01/30/23.

KB

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is regarding the Woman who owns the property where the guns were seized.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10528163/Joanne-Person-Alberta-arrest.html

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I feel safer in the company of Hells Angels than in the company of the RCMP.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I sent a check to a lady up in Canada that promised to transfer it to the Ottawa truckers for fuel. So far my U.S. bank account hasn't been frozen and no secret police have shown up for a pre-dawn raid at my house in Louisiana.

This is a sorry state of affairs in both our countries or should I spell it [bleep].

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673
I feel safer in the company of Hells Angels than in the company of the RCMP.

673;
Morning my friend, it's a tad warmer here today and I hope it is for you all as well.

My long time hunting and fishing buddy just missed the hit up in Kelowna at the Grand a few years back so I was going to put tongue in cheek and suggest that it's safer as long as it's a club sanctioned activity and all that..

Apparently the folks involved in Kelowna were freelancing and the parent organizations had issues with violations of the franchising agreement? That's what the news suggested anyways.

For sure and certain I have zero inside knowledge of that area of life in our part of the world.

In my view the RCMP have accumulated a whole bunch of negative press over the past little bit between the unlawful break, enter and seizures of guns in High River, the shootings in Moncton, then in Nova Scotia, the Trucker Convoy, Coutts...

Anyone who studies the history of any society can see that laws and law enforcement will only be meaningful - and adhered to by the majority - when said majority believe them to be just and fair. When they don't the police get zero assistance, become increasingly less effective and typically a greater percentage of the population begin to ignore more and more edicts.

Since we're both students of history, one has to wonder if some of this rodeo is nobody reading or somebody reading very carefully and being deliberate?

We'll see I suppose.

Best to you all.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good morning Dwayne, I have always had the utmost respect for law enforcement, my Dad was involved in law enforcement, I have close friends that are involved in law enforcement, I have done referrals for the RCMP, but......having trouble with the nefarious actions and no accountability thing.

I forgot about some of the things you mention above, which only makes it worse, but at the same time feel bad for the ones who choose law enforcement with the intent of working for good.

The "rule of law" in this Country and especially this Province is a little shaky.

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Just curious as to the rights you are guaranteed in Canada. We have an actual Bill of Rights here in the USA. Do you guys have the same? Edk

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
468 members (1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 48 invisible), 2,109 guests, and 991 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,160
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.