Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
OP Offline
B
Hey all,

I thought I'd start a thread for anyone like me who would like to talk about stuff without the closed-minded and petty "moderator" interference.

Stop in introduce yourself, and talk away.

GB1

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
#butthurtinAlberta.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was a member of AO many years ago. It isn't just AO that over moderates, the over moderation has ruined all outdoor forums in Canada that I am aware of. It isn't just the mods, its the attitude of shilling that I couldn't deal with.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bridger2010
Hey all,

I thought I'd start a thread for anyone like me who would like to talk about stuff without the closed-minded and petty "moderator" interference.

Stop in introduce yourself, and talk away.

Welcome to the fire bridger2010, you will enjoy it here, nothing like AO!

Lots of great contributors from all over North America here and free speech is alive and well. 24 Hour Campfire is by far the best hunting forum I have ever participated on.

You should share your experience as to why you were banned there, like so many other exceptional hunters and freedom loving outdoorsmen.

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 01/30/23.

KB

B
OP Offline
B
Thanks for the replies guys.

The AO Forum is a joke. As far as I can tell, they booted me off because the moderators and their 1000+-post buddies don't like being challenged. They like to live in their comfy little oblivious bubbles. When someone comes along to challenge them, they invent "rules" that they use to justify censorship. No different than Facebook and Twitter. A bunch of collectivist NPCs running around repeating stuff they heard somewhere else but don't really understand.

I emailed the AO Editor a couple of times and got no response. I'll never buy their crappy $9.00 magazine again lol.

Anyway, I could spend days pointing out their hypocrisy and lack of moral standards, but I have better things to do.

Before being given the boot, a few people AO members reached out to me privately and indicated that they were of the same mindset but didn't feel like they were able to express themselves on AO.

So, I guess the point of this post is to fly a flag for those free-thinking moral people from Alberta and beyond to get to know each other a little bit and maybe chat about things.

Last edited by bridger2010; 01/30/23.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bridger2010
Thanks for the replies guys.

The AO Forum is a joke. As far as I can tell, they booted me off because the moderators and their 1000+-post buddies don't like being challenged. They like to live in their comfy little oblivious bubbles. When someone comes along to challenge them, they invent "rules" that they use to justify censorship. No different than Facebook and Twitter. A bunch of collectivist NPCs running around repeating stuff they heard somewhere else but don't really understand.

I emailed the AO Editor a couple of times and got no response. I'll never buy their crappy $9.00 magazine again lol.

Anyway, I could spend days pointing out their hypocrisy and lack of moral standards, but I have better things to do.
Before being given the boot, a few people AO members reached out to me privately and indicated that they were of the same mindset but didn't feel like they were able to express themselves on AO.

So, I guess the point of this post is to fly a flag for those free-thinking moral people from Alberta and beyond to get to know each other a little bit and maybe chat about things.

I call the Ban-Happy Libtards you speak of "The Posse" sounds like you know first hand who they are lol

You should tell your friends that were banned from AO, to join us here, where freedom of speech rules and where there are many fun and highly experienced hunters from all over North America.

I have seen so many great people banned from AO, The Posse have turned that forum into a Circle-Jerk of Self-Important Blowhards and Loud Mouth Snooks. I do believe that you know exactly what I mean from your first hand experience.

Have a great Monday ~ KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 01/30/23.

KB

B
OP Offline
B
Lol you nailed it.

I will tell people about this forum.

Thanks for being so welcoming.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The larger CDN alternative is no better. Lots of pinked members there. I stay out of the off topics section. That helps.

I got a "warning/violation" there a few years ago on Christmas day for a very minor item I overlooked. Merry Christmas wasn't the message I got from that. <eye roll>

We can all use Gun Post now for buying and selling without skipping a beat.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
bridger2010;
Good morning to you sir, I trust the day is as bright and clear on your side of the big hills as it is here.

Welcome to the 'Fire from the sometimes sunny south Okanagan.

I'm not exiled from anywhere exactly, but I do tell folks I'm one of less than 200 people who were born and raised in Saskatchewan who can't curl, skate and doesn't watch hockey - so they asked me to leave and I have to get written permission from Regina to visit..

That's not entirely true of course - I sneak in without Regina's permission every decade or so...

As has been mentioned, this is a fairly unique circumstance on the ether webbs and through it I've met folks from all over - literally - UK, Sweden, US, Zambia.

It's interesting to me how small the world gets sometimes as I was relating how I knew a pair of brothers who resided in Africa, one of which got pasted by a buffalo, but didn't name them. A chap from Zambia PM'd me saying that not only did he know both of them - he named them - but he was on a sat system in the bush near where the one brother got hit and drove past the other brother's taxidermy studio on his way home.

Small world sometimes is all.

Again welcome here and all the best to you as we head into February.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

B
OP Offline
B
Nice to meet you guys.

Snowing here this morning. Looking forward to the sunny days ahead.

I've never been a fan of walking on eggshells in order to avoid offending people. I am blunt and to-the-point. I'm also well-read and think about issues a lot before giving an opinion. To some people, this constellation of traits make me a threat because I will call out their bad ideas. Oh well smile

Last edited by bridger2010; 01/30/23.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Good morning bridger2010,

Just wanted to give you a heads up, to let you know that your PM is not working.

Not sure if it only works if you have a certain amount of posts or if you need to turn on a feature?

Have a great day ~ KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 01/31/23.

KB

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think he needs 25 posts before you can PM....I think.

B
OP Offline
B
Thanks guys. Will get on that wink

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 673
I think he needs 25 posts before you can PM....I think.

Thanks 673

Have a good one ~ KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 01/31/23.

KB

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

618 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1minute, 1234, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 75 invisible), 2,726 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,315
Posts18,449,227
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.