-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fu*k B&C...that's a cool deer taken with an equally cool gun! Love seeing folks use stuff like that.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That revolver is in excellent condition, nice work, congratulations!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by colorado bob
Way Cool !!

A BIG +1

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Super fine:)

I am the NorthEast WoodsBeast!

"System version 1.3, divorced"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ole school cool!

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by cv540
Very nice!

Many would have restored a valuable old revolver and pampered it in a safe. Great to see you shooting it and hunting it....using it for the purpose it was designed for.

Well maybe utilizing it to dispatch some Marauding Rascal would be a closer use for this old Peacemaker's original designed purpose, but then it would end up in a police evidence room so maybe hold off on that.

Any info you can share as to how it was used by your relative, or does only the old revolver know those stories?

Interesting story behind how I got it. My aunt and her husband, my uncle, passed away pretty close to each other and it came time for us to clean out the house and divvy up the belongings. You know the drill. My uncle, while he didn’t hunt, loved to skeet shoot and collect guns. The family knew I was the cousin/nephew that loved guns and hunting, so the guns were mine. Hallelujah!

His collection wasn’t all that big at the end but he had several nice pieces, including a Superposed 20 ga skeet, some nice twelves and a beautiful 28 gauge Charles Dayley o/u. My cousin slipped me the SAA that was in, of all places, the kitchen drawer. My only living uncle and aunt were in charge of the dispersal of everything and told me to load up the long guns, reloading equipment, etc…..but the SAA stays. It was a pistol you see and they thought all pistols should be confiscated and destroyed. Oh boy….confrontation coming and I’ll be damned if I’m handing that pistol over. I explained to my aunt and uncle that Uncle Bill had promised me that pistol when I was a little boy! If you bring it by the sheriff’s department it will NOT be melted down but rather, smuggled out by whomever took it in. It’s collectible and needs to stay in the family I explained. They were still concerned it would somehow get back on the street and murder someone all by itself. 😖

I promised them I’d keep it in my safe and that would never happen and they nodded their heads agreeing. Glad a showdown was averted. No way I was turning that pistol over.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Awesome story GD.. That was pretty cool. Smooth talking!

Semper Fi
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Best thing I've seen on the internet today! Awesome all the way 'round.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Very nice!

Many would have restored a valuable old revolver and pampered it in a safe. Great to see you shooting it and hunting it....using it for the purpose it was designed for.

Well maybe utilizing it to dispatch some Marauding Rascal would be a closer use for this old Peacemaker's original designed purpose, but then it would end up in a police evidence room so maybe hold off on that.

Any info you can share as to how it was used by your relative, or does only the old revolver know those stories?

Interesting story behind how I got it. My aunt and her husband, my uncle, passed away pretty close to each other and it came time for us to clean out the house and divvy up the belongings. You know the drill. My uncle, while he didn’t hunt, loved to skeet shoot and collect guns. The family knew I was the cousin/nephew that loved guns and hunting, so the guns were mine. Hallelujah!

His collection wasn’t all that big at the end but he had several nice pieces, including a Superposed 20 ga skeet, some nice twelves and a beautiful 28 gauge Charles Dayley o/u. My cousin slipped me the SAA that was in, of all places, the kitchen drawer. My only living uncle and aunt were in charge of the dispersal of everything and told me to load up the long guns, reloading equipment, etc…..but the SAA stays. It was a pistol you see and they thought all pistols should be confiscated and destroyed. Oh boy….confrontation coming and I’ll be damned if I’m handing that pistol over. I explained to my aunt and uncle that Uncle Bill had promised me that pistol when I was a little boy! If you bring it by the sheriff’s department it will NOT be melted down but rather, smuggled out by whomever took it in. It’s collectible and needs to stay in the family I explained. They were still concerned it would somehow get back on the street and murder someone all by itself. 😖

I promised them I’d keep it in my safe and that would never happen and they nodded their heads agreeing. Glad a showdown was averted. No way I was turning that pistol over.

Happy you saved it from a fate unbecoming a dignified survivor. Take it out again next season and perhaps while holding it in the quiet of a woodland deer stand she will whisper stories of raucous 1907 Kansas City gambling houses.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Awesome!

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Excellent on so many levels.

G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Very nice!

Happy you saved it from a fate unbecoming a dignified survivor. Take it out again next season and perhaps while holding it in the quiet of a woodland deer stand she will whisper stories of raucous 1907 Kansas City gambling houses.

Love that!

J
J
That gun is in nice shape. Sure wish it was mine.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Wow! What a BEAUTY! You don't see many in that condition!

Congrats Hank!

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
That Colt is in remarkable condition. What a great story!

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Badass!!! Congrats
SnT

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
That is just Badazz all the way around.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Super cool!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hank, What a great back story on the Peacemaker. I remember you having it restored a few years ago.

Congrats on taking a Buck with the Colt. Bonus for removing that spike from the heard.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by 1911a1
Hank, What a great back story on the Peacemaker. I remember you having it restored a few years ago.

Congrats on taking a Buck with the Colt. Bonus for removing that spike from the heard.
Thanks so much Clay! Hope you’re doing well.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 222Sako, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 67 invisible), 2,909 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,706
Posts18,456,843
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.