Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Very cool that you got to check this off your bucket list. 👍🏼

That is one of the nicest condition 1st generation SAA I’ve ever seen. That thing looks practically new with great case hardening. Awesome all the way around.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
BP-B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Congratulations!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Enjoyed the story goods. Did Turnbull do the restoration sure looks good? Great save on the revolver from naive relatives. That buck will eat great. Best thread in a long while...mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Enjoyed the story goods. Did Turnbull do the restoration sure looks good? Great save on the revolver from naive relatives. That buck will eat great. Best thread in a long while...mb
Schwarz Gun restoration in East Elljay, GA. Up in the mountains. Bill is a master at what he does. Vintage guns only…he will not bore sight your 700. He’s an unbelievable storehouse of information on any vintage gun and at any time, has guns shipped in from all over the country to his little shop. Interesting man. Had a wolf for a pet (one of those that was for all intents and purposes 95%). Huge. Wouldn’t let you get anywhere near him……just give you that better-not-mess-with-me look. Bill would eventually look at him and say something like “Hank’s ok, quit lookin at him like that!” Then he’d come up beside me and we’d be buddies after that.

Bill has worked on several LC Smiths for me, bedding them, opening up chokes, or total restorations. His color case hardening process is different for each gun, matching the results to the original. A Fox will look like Fox’s color case, LC’s, Parker’s, etc. All done at about 1/3 the cost of Turnbull. One LC he totally restored for me was finished right before the NRA meeting in Atlanta. Mine was a challenge….there was zero finish anywhere on the gun. Picked it up and then headed to Atl and saw the exact same gun at Turnbull’s display. The two guns were indistinguishable. Except the $$.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So what if it ain't a B & C buck? I'm sure that will always be one of your most memorable hunting experiences. What a cool story, and thanks for posting it.

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by 22250rem
So what if it ain't a B & C buck? I'm sure that will always be one of your most memorable hunting experiences. What a cool story, and thanks for posting it.
Thank you! Much appreciated.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
201 members (12344mag, 257 mag, 300jimmy, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 2UP, 17 invisible), 1,537 guests, and 866 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,911
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.