Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#18081973 01/31/23
5sdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Is the crew still in existence? If so, I imagine that they'll be attacking off-shore wind farms off the east coast. I also imagine that they will be transformed into heroes by many who mocked them previously. wink

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Whale farts are causing global warming . . .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Whale Wars

Besides what the article says I'm pretty sure Piracy and other charges were about to be leveled against them.

Australia also took Japan to court over their whaling activities and won.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Best Whale Wars episode ever.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sea Clowns.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wonder if cows ever killed a whale?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The Sea Shepherd organization is still around but I don't think the Whale Wars TV show is.

They had a load of ships last I looked. They seem to have no difficulty raising funds....I wonder how that is?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JeffA
Best Whale Wars episode ever.

The SS Bob Barker sank. That makes me chuckle a bit. GO PETA

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
International Rules of the Road say the black craft was responsible. They approached the other vessel and cut across the bow from the port side. Port side has a red running lights and rules of the road say if you see approach the side of vessel with red (port side) then you must yield the right of way unless restricted in your ability to maneuver or are a vessel under sail, neither of which apply here. The vessel that caused the collision is responsible for all damages to both vessels.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Used to love watching that show with my son. We were rooting for the Japs.
Pretty fun watching hippies screw the pooch again and again.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
That’s just funny as hell.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Stickfight
The Sea Shepherd organization is still around but I don't think the Whale Wars TV show is.

They had a load of ships last I looked. They seem to have no difficulty raising funds....I wonder how that is?

Liberal azzhats..... like Brigitte Bardot....

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Nice gig. Drive a boat around yelling at whaling boats. Liberal whack jobs throwing money at you to go do it.

Beats working For a living I suppose.

Osky

Incidentally wasn’t the captain of that lib boat in whale wars brought up on unrelated charges of some kind?

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Paul Watson dipshit...

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

Was held liable for sinking the Ady Gil.

The star of the reality show "Whale Wars" LIED about the fate of the show's most famous ship ... falsely telling the media it sank due to a crash with Japanese whalers, when in fact he secretly SABOTAGED the boat himself for publicity ... this according to a new lawsuit.

Paul Watson (above) -- founder of the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society -- has been sued by Ady Gil ... who claims he owned the famous Ady Gil ship featured on "Whale Wars." Gil claims he let Watson's organization use his boat, so long as they took care of it.

In his suit, filed yesterday in L.A. County Superior Court, Gil says his vessel was rammed by a Japanese whaling ship in 2010 ... and suffered damage to the nose ... but the damage was repairable.

According to Gil, Watson saw the collision as an opportunity to spin the incident into a major publicity and money maker for his organization ... so instead of towing the boat to port for repairs, he secretly gave an order to sink the ship "under the cover of darkness" ... and blamed the Japanese.

Gil claims Watson knew that blaming the whalers for the destruction of his ship would garner sympathy for his cause and spark outrage against the whalers ... inspiring more people to donate to his anti-whaling organization.

Watson was held liable for $5 million in loss and damages.

[Linked Image from static.wikia.nocookie.net]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Morewood
The SS Bob Barker sank. That makes me chuckle a bit. GO PETA

The Bob Barker didn't sink.
The Sea Shepherd idiots had it over in Africa on some sorta anti fishing mission and due to their loss of popularity and funding they let the boat fall into disrepair.

Just a couple months back it was towed to Turkey and chopped up for salvage.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by MAC
International Rules of the Road say the black craft was responsible. They approached the other vessel and cut across the bow from the port side. Port side has a red running lights and rules of the road say if you see approach the side of vessel with red (port side) then you must yield the right of way unless restricted in your ability to maneuver or are a vessel under sail, neither of which apply here. The vessel that caused the collision is responsible for all damages to both vessels.

Picking nits here perhaps, but the schmucks piloting the Ady Gil crossed in front of the Japanese whaling vessel from the *starboard*, not the port side. In any event, pity they and their boat weren't completely crushed and subsequently chewed up by the prop.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I often rooted for the JAPs. While I do believe their notion of 'Whale Research' was a crock of chitt, I also believe that intentionally disabling propulsion and or steering to a vessel in the open ocean is tantamount to murder..... real war excluded!!!

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Originally Posted by MAC

Picking nits here perhaps, but the schmucks piloting the Ady Gil crossed in front of the Japanese whaling vessel from the *starboard*, not the port side. In any event, pity they and their boat weren't completely crushed and subsequently chewed up by the prop.

Amazing how hunters, 2nd amendment guys, just jump on ship, so to speak.

Like it won't effect their deer or fish in the coming season?

Kinda funny.

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

Not talking about the whalers port side. I am talking the black vessels port side. Didn't clarify that I guess. A vessel that holds another vessel on her port side is the give way vessel.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
337 members (160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 35 invisible), 2,007 guests, and 917 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,962
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.