-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Got whipped with a riveted fan belt once. Most memorable whipping I ever got.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Regular belts, miners' belts, switches from the sarvis tree in the yard, checklines, boot to the ass. We were rebellious little schitts and needed heavy-handed course correction.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Leather strap like the barber use?

That’s what we got. Catholic school in England taught by an order of Irish Lay Brothers. We was unwashed street urchins but in our case we did have shoes 🙂

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Regular belts, miners' belts, switches from the sarvis tree in the yard, checklines, boot to the ass. We were rebellious little schitts and needed heavy-handed course correction.

Looking at your Avatar, looks like all those beatings helped you become a better person. I'm sure your parents would be proud

Last edited by cooperfan; 02/02/23.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
My Dad used his leather belt. Before that it was a switch. I’d rather have the belt. That switch (usually a willow limb) was like a razor. I needed/deserved most if the whippings I got.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Online Sad
Campfire Regular
B
A doubled over leather belt was the norm. Luckily I’ve never used one on my kids. Words and leather can be detrimental on a kid if not restrained.

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bamagun01
A doubled over leather belt was the norm. Luckily I’ve never used one on my kids. Words and leather can be detrimental on a kid if not restrained.

I would hope that none of the posters who got beat ever laid a hand on a child.

Terrible reading these stories. Makes me mad

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well dad never whooped us but the first time I got spanked with a leather strap the most disturbing thing about it was how much I enjoyed it.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
belts, hair brushes, wooden spoons. But, when I talked back, it was a soap mouth washing until I learned to handle that and then it went to a mouth full of cracked red peppers. If I was late coming home as a small child, I was tied to a tree in the back yard.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cooperfan

I never hit my kids (now 35 and 37). They never gave me any grief other than the normal teenager stuff. Both are conservative Christians. My daughter is a school teacher who owns her own pizza restaurant in town, and my son is an Aerospace Engineer. They both take after Mom. I an blessed beyond belief.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57
Originally Posted by cooperfan

I never hit my kids (now 35 and 37). They never gave me any grief other than the normal teenager stuff. Both are conservative Christians. My daughter is a school teacher who owns her own pizza restaurant in town, and my son is an Aerospace Engineer. They both take after Mom. I an blessed beyond belief.

Ron

I wish we had a like button

Great post

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
razor strap

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
D
I am glad they didn't have those darn metal yardsticks........had several wooden ones broken over my arse.

Belts didn't feel none too good. Thankful they could not afford hot wheels cars. LOL

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With dad it was a belt or just his hand, but Mom would grab what ever was handy. One time mom was giving me a whipping, she had hold of one arm, and I was doing the round and round thing. Board had a nail in it and I stepped on it. Felt like it went 1/2 way thru my foot. So mom stopped the whipping, doctored the foot, then finished the whipping, with me hopping around in a circle, best I could.

Belts, razor strap, switches. broom handles, whatever was handy..... but the worse is a cotton stalk. It will not break and is pliable. It's a bad one.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Switches, hot wheel track, belt hairbrush.. my mom never hit me anywhere except the backside and I deserved everyone of them whoopin’s. Momma would say this is hurting me more than it is you. Well it must have been killing’ her.

My dad exactly gave me a whoopin exactly two times. Deserved both.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Yup. Never did my kids.
I never learned anything except I could take it and watch me now! Big chip on my shoulder after a whoopin.
I learned from an earnest talk. I took that lesson to heart in raising my kids.
All are good, tax paying, educated adults.

I am the NorthEast WoodsBeast!

"System version 1.3, divorced"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rope hurts worse than leather straps ,trust me.

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dad's belt (he always said àss grease kept it shiney) fly swat (the wire handle), hickory switches, or just about anything handy when mom was pushed to far (which was a daily occurrence during the off school summer months)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
If I had a ASS whippin coming I would rather it came from my Granddad, My mother would try to beat you to death, with any club she could find. Rio7

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Step dad used to whip the chit outa me with a wooden handle that he made with leather staps attached to the end. The leather straps were split on the ends and cut at an angle. I still hate that bastard

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1OntarioJim, 224th, 222Sako, 204guy, 222ND, 10gaugeman, 38 invisible), 1,989 guests, and 1,119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,065
Posts18,463,483
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.