Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I hope they deliver enough soy and duck sauce. LMAO.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I am looking into these delays and will reach out as soon as I can find something out

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ldholton
is the "light" version first focal plane also?

All their scopes are FFP's

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe the spy balloon is a delivery vehicle for the scopes you guys are awaiting... smirk

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Are they Chinese made? If so, is there another scope that compares to them in a different brand?

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Thanks for looking into this Doug. Waiting for your response.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ihookem
Are they Chinese made? If so, is there another scope that compares to them in a different brand?

They are all assembled in China. The EP5's have Japanese optics, also assembled in China. At near this price point there are no other similar options that aren't made in China. Best, "lower priced" scopes, not made in China, are Sightron and Meopta

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jc189
Thanks for looking into this Doug. Waiting for your response.

The EPL4's are in route to Arken. Due to various hiccups in international transport, the last couple of years, things are unpredictable as far as firm delivery dates. The scopes are in transit and should be delivered, inspected, warehoused and then shipped by Arken in the near future. Best I can say is we will do a post when we receive confirmation of our shipment. If you'd like to place a pre-order with us please give us a call and we will write you up with a refundable $50.00 deposit which will earmark a scope for you. If you have an order in with Arken and you see our post that ours are in route perhaps your order will be as well.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This guy tends to do a lot of Arken abuse stuff for those interested.

Me

N
NWT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Congratulations on your new line of CCP made products.
You should be so proud selling your CCP made products.
Do you watch the news or is it all just about the money for you?
NWT

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NWT
NWT

Unfortunately, in the industry I am in if we eliminated all made in China, and parts made in China, I would not have very much, if anything to sell. Similar to the computers and cell phones that come from China and the appliances in our homes. We do not carry product from direct from China, Chinese owned companies, like Vector optics where the company is a wholly owned and operated Chinese operation. If there were USA companies that made the products we offer, from start to finish with no Chinese components, we would absolutely be all over it. Unfortunately, that does not exist.

As far as your comment of " is it all just about the money for you?" If it were 12-16 hour days of retail would not be what I'd be doing.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

N
NWT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Originally Posted by NWT
NWT

Unfortunately, in the industry I am in if we eliminated all made in China, and parts made in China, I would not have very much, if anything to sell. Similar to the computers and cell phones that come from China and the appliances in our homes. We do not carry product from direct from China, Chinese owned companies, like Vector optics where the company is a wholly owned and operated Chinese operation. If there were USA companies that made the products we offer, from start to finish with no Chinese components, we would absolutely be all over it. Unfortunately, that does not exist.

As far as your comment of " is it all just about the money for you?" If it were 12-16 hour days of retail would not be what I'd be doing.

Doug/Cameraland
Do you even hunt?
How many rifles do you own and what calibers are they?
How often are you at a rifle range or out in the rocky mountains of the west or northern woods testing the products you promote and sell?
What qualifies you as EXPERT in the shooting sports?
I have many sports optics not made by the CCP. There are sport optics options if one chooses not to support the CCP.
I find the promoting of CCP made products for the American HUNTING and SHOOTING SPORTS that we have the FREEDOM to enjoy offensive and UN AMERICAN . Your comments about appliances and such are untrue and just a means to justify your actions. I don’t buy it! You have your followers, not sure why.
For those that believe there are not options are naive .
NWT

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
How to tell people you’re a horse’s a s s without telling them you’re a horse’s a s s

Doug and Cameraland are aces

He also sells NF among many other brands
It’s called choices......

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by NWT
NWT

Doug/Cameraland
Do you even hunt?
How often are you at a rifle range or out in the rocky mountains of the west or northern woods testing the products you promote and sell?
I have many sports optics not made by the CCP. There are sport optics options if one chooses not to support the CCP.
I find the promoting of CCP made products for the American HUNTING and SHOOTING SPORTS that we have the FREEDOM to enjoy offensive and UN AMERICAN . Your comments about appliances and such are untrue and just a means to justify your actions. I don’t buy it! You have your followers, not sure why.
NWT
What is your method of replying to this thread??

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by NWT
NWT

Doug/Cameraland
Do you even hunt?
NWT

The lady doth protest too much.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Never pizz in the nest.

Old guy, old guns.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If Chinese manufacturing were eliminated from the hunting and shooting industry, the SHOT Show would be smaller by at least half.

Besides mfg, so much raw material comes from China for products that end up saying Made In SomewhereElse, that even that is no true indicator.

End of the day, consumer makes the ultimate choice. A retailer that limits my options is not likely to get my business. That’s MY decision to make.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by NWT
NWT

My understanding is that Arken has it's own factory in China. The EP scopes have Japanese glass. I dislike China as much as anyone else, but do this mr. self-righteous.... look at everything in your house and what you're wearing, and see what's made in USA, what's made in China, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Africa, Chumba Lumba, etc. Do the same thing at places you shop. Then stop being an a-hole and shut the f#ck up about it, give it a rest.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
To add:

I also avoid Chinese products when I can.

Typing from my iPhone.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I aksed before if it was made in China , and is there another scope that compares in quality that is not made in China. I didnt ask this question to beat up on the original poster. I would likely be happy buying just about any scope not made in China . I would gladly buy Japanese, German or American or a combination of any company. Sure , it has a better price point, best scope " for the price".. At 60 yrs old, I am not looking at a good scope for the price. I am looking for a good scope not made in China and hardly care about the price... I buy scopes so seldom anyway,, ,, and this might be my last scope. I need to replace my Leupold Vari X 2 4x12 that I payed $216 for in July 1987 with the money I scrimped on my honeymoon...

Last edited by ihookem; 02/03/23.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

726 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 160user, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 72 invisible), 3,099 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,582
Posts18,454,200
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.