Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
When I signed up to 24 Hour Campfire, I never wrote a proper introduction, so if you do not mind I will post it now. Better late than never!

Hello to those of you who are reading my introduction, thank you for taking the time.

I consider myself a very lucky man since I had a privileged childhood with a great father that was an outdoor enthusiast. Thanks to my father, I had a great childhood which set me up for a lifetime of hunting and fishing my two favorite pastimes. My other favorite pastime is Scuba Diving. I have been a Padi Certified Open Water Diver since 1984.

In my youth my beloved father who has passed was the President of a private and exclusive Skeet, Trap and Sporting Clay Club in Quebec, he was also a member of several private hunting clubs. He was on the Board of Directors of the Atlantic Salmon Association. He was also a dedicated Bird dog breeder, trainer and a field trial judge as well as an avid Upland game, duck and goose hunter and a highly skilled Atlantic Salmon Fly Fisherman.

Because my father was a President of the Skeet Club I spent my childhood up to the age of 16 shooting almost every weekend, because of this I became an excellent shot with shotguns and an excellent shot on Ducks, Geese, Ruffed Grouse and Woodcock which we hunted every season over our bird dogs. On an average weekend at our club I would shoot 5 to 10 rounds of skeet and trap. During that period I hand loaded about a case of shotgun shells in 12, 20 and 410 gauges for the weekend shoot, so by the age of 16 I hand loaded more rounds then I care to remember, enough for my lifetime! lol

During Christmas break, we would go down to Savana Georgia where my father boarded his dogs and had them go through more training with a professional trainer. We would shoot Bobwhite Quail during our vacation, and luckily for me, we hunted them over our bird dogs, on Tennessee Walkers that were trained to kneel when you got off them. Then we would go down to Florida and fish. Fond memories and that is when I fell in love with the USA!

Since my father was a dedicated duck and goose hunter I spent most of my childhood shooting ducks and geese as well as upland game. Being from Quebec and because my father owned a Sink Box, I am one of the lucky few hunters that got to hunt out of a sink box. Quebec is as far as I know the only legal Province to use a Sink Box for duck hunting, talk about FUN!

Because my father was a member of several hunting clubs, I also participated in many Pheasant hunts on private preserves and because many of my father’s friends were wealthy people I had the opportunity to hunt ducks and geese on private islands which we flew to in helicopters and Jets. One of his best friends owned a Peninsula on the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland and we would go there to hunt ducks and geese as well. When I was 18 on a hunt there, I was introduced to Jack Daniels for the first time and have had a love affair with JD ever since lol FUN TIMES!!!

Because my father was an avid fisherman, I started fishing at a very early age I even have a picture of myself ice fishing for walleye at 4 years old. In the early days my father would take my brother and I to fly in fish camps which we would fly there in Beaver and Otter Float planes what a blast. So many great memories.

As he became more interested in fly fishing for Atlantic Salmon we would go to the Gaspé in Quebec and flyfish for Atlantic Salmon every summer on world class salmon rivers like the Matapedia, Matan, Dartmouth, York and other rivers. For a birthday present one year my father gave me a Stanly Bogdan Salmon fly reel, for those of you in the know, the Bogdan Fly reel made by Stanley Bogdan is considered one of the best Fly Reels in the world. I used to love casting big dry flies with my favorite rod with the Bogdan reel in them Gin Clear waters and watching Atlantic Salmon hit them, then watching them cartwheel down the river in the fight for their life, more memories I will never forget.

My father was not a Big Game hunter and every weekend while at the various clubs we shot at and hunted at I would look at the giant moose, cape buffalo, caribou and other mounts hanging on the walls and knew then that what I really wanted to do was to hunt BIG GAME and fantasized about hunting big game for many years.

I started hunting moose and deer in Quebec in the early 80’s. I was successful on my first “do it yourself moose hunt” that my friend and I had to paddle a canoe 10 hours to get to and after I hunted deer a few times I realized that the hunting in Quebec sucked so I decided to move out west and the first western province I moved to was Manitoba.

Had a lot of fun there hunting bears, where I bought a Hoyte Super Slam Supreme and was very successful on do it yourself bear hunts I even killed a Giant B&C bear there with it as well as many deer and moose to include a couple of deer and a moose in Saskatchewan. Again all of my hunts were do it yourself hunts

After being there for 11 years I was sick and tired of their winters and being an independent business owner their Corporate tax rate was unappreciated by me. I had friends living in Alberta bragging about their low tax rates, warmer winters and great Hunting, I pulled the pin and moved to Alberta in 2000.

Since I have lived in Alberta I have hunted most of the province and have killed more deer than I remember with my bow and rifles, I even forget how many moose to date some with my bow and most with my rifle. With the exception of 1 guided Elk hunt in Willmore Wilderness Park, all of my hunts have been “do it yourself” hunts and I have filled my freezers every year I have hunted in this great Province.

Another great thing about Alberta is that is it only a days drive to Terrace BC and Prince Rupert where I fish for Salmon, Halibut and Cod. I have fly fished the Skeena, the Copper and other rivers successfully and have caught my fair share of 50+ lbs. Chinook, lots of Coho, Halibut and Cod in the Pacific as well. My best day fishing was off the coast of Prince Rupert where we caught 26 salmon and 35 halibut.

Favorite Place in the World: Florida USA! I love fishing there for Tarpon and Sharks its a fisherman’s Paradise. I also love Scuba Diving there.

Biggest Regret: Not moving to Alberta as soon as I turned 18.

Pet Peeve: Blowhards that think they know it all and Liars.

Religion: Christian, Jesus is my Lord and Savior, Amen.

Favorite Hunting Forum: 24 Hour Campfire by a mile!

Only Wish: I had a second life so I could do all of the other things I have not been able to do in this lifetime!

Favorite Culture: American Culture, I love Americans and the USA, greatest Country and the best people I ever met.

Well that’s me and thank you for taking the time to read my late Introduction.

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 02/03/23.

KB

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
KB I think you are a good dude with what you post , keep on keeping it real

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
very nice post and lets say so far a great life and may you have many more great years in life. Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
I never introduced myself because I figured no one gave a [bleep]; I'm OK with that. GD

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pete53
very nice post and lets say so far a great life and may you have many more great years in life. Pete53

Thanks for the kind words Pete53, appreciate it. I have been very fortunate, hope to squeeze out 10 more years. If God calls me home tomorrow I would leave this planet with a smile on my face.

Congratulations on a great deer hunting season with your family.

Originally Posted by 44mc
KB I think you are a good dude with what you post , keep on keeping it real

Thanks 44mc.

Must be great living in Florida during the winter, as mentioned Florida is my favorite place in the world. You are a very wise man!

Originally Posted by greydog
I never introduced myself because I figured no one gave a [bleep]; I'm OK with that. GD

I hear you, I felt it was the right thing to do after seeing other members doing it. I am nothing special, just an average Joe navigating my way through life, just like the rest of us here.

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 02/16/23.

KB

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by greydog

Lol. This might be the first formal introduction here period.

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
Lol. This might be the first formal introduction here period.

Guess that makes me a Trailblazer, hey pathfinder76? lol

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 02/17/23.

KB

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I see you’re still slinging the bullshit thicker than ever, Edmhunter. Psychopath. You do all this wealthy hunting and fishing out of your apartment.

Hope you’d turned a corner, but no such luck.

Least here I can tell you how full of [bleep] you are.

I’m gonna have to see if you’re telling the boys you shoot pie plates at 500 yards offhand.

Last edited by sns2; 02/17/23.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by KillerBee
When I signed up to 24 Hour Campfire, I never wrote a proper introduction, so if you do not mind I will post it now. Better late than never!

Hello to those of you who are reading my introduction, thank you for taking the time.

I consider myself a very lucky man since I had a privileged childhood with a great father that was an outdoor enthusiast. Thanks to my father, I had a great childhood which set me up for a lifetime of hunting and fishing my two favorite pastimes. My other favorite pastime is Scuba Diving. I have been a Padi Certified Open Water Diver since 1984.

In my youth my beloved father who has passed was the President of a private and exclusive Skeet, Trap and Sporting Clay Club in Quebec, he was also a member of several private hunting clubs. He was on the Board of Directors of the Atlantic Salmon Association. He was also a dedicated Bird dog breeder, trainer and a field trial judge as well as an avid Upland game, duck and goose hunter and a highly skilled Atlantic Salmon Fly Fisherman.

Because my father was a President of the Skeet Club I spent my childhood up to the age of 16 shooting almost every weekend, because of this I became an excellent shot with shotguns and an excellent shot on Ducks, Geese, Ruffed Grouse and Woodcock which we hunted every season over our bird dogs. On an average weekend at our club I would shoot 5 to 10 rounds of skeet and trap. During that period I hand loaded about a case of shotgun shells in 12, 20 and 410 gauges for the weekend shoot, so by the age of 16 I hand loaded more rounds then I care to remember, enough for my lifetime! lol

During Christmas break, we would go down to Savana Georgia where my father boarded his dogs and had them go through more training with a professional trainer. We would shoot Bobwhite Quail during our vacation, and luckily for me, we hunted them over our bird dogs, on Tennessee Walkers that were trained to kneel when you got off them. Then we would go down to Florida and fish. Fond memories and that is when I fell in love with the USA!

Since my father was a dedicated duck and goose hunter I spent most of my childhood shooting ducks and geese as well as upland game. Being from Quebec and because my father owned a Sink Box, I am one of the lucky few hunters that got to hunt out of a sink box. Quebec is as far as I know the only legal Province to use a Sink Box for duck hunting, talk about FUN!

Because my father was a member of several hunting clubs, I also participated in many Pheasant hunts on private preserves and because many of my father’s friends were wealthy people I had the opportunity to hunt ducks and geese on private islands which we flew to in helicopters and Jets. One of his best friends owned a Peninsula on the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland and we would go there to hunt ducks and geese as well. When I was 18 on a hunt there, I was introduced to Jack Daniels for the first time and have had a love affair with JD ever since lol FUN TIMES!!!

Because my father was an avid fisherman, I started fishing at a very early age I even have a picture of myself ice fishing for walleye at 4 years old. In the early days my father would take my brother and I to fly in fish camps which we would fly there in Beaver and Otter Float planes what a blast. So many great memories.

As he became more interested in fly fishing for Atlantic Salmon we would go to the Gaspé in Quebec and flyfish for Atlantic Salmon every summer on world class salmon rivers like the Matapedia, Matan, Dartmouth, York and other rivers. For a birthday present one year my father gave me a Stanly Bogdan Salmon fly reel, for those of you in the know, the Bogdan Fly reel made by Stanley Bogdan is considered one of the best Fly Reels in the world. I used to love casting big dry flies with my favorite rod with the Bogdan reel in them Gin Clear waters and watching Atlantic Salmon hit them, then watching them cartwheel down the river in the fight for their life, more memories I will never forget.

My father was not a Big Game hunter and every weekend while at the various clubs we shot at and hunted at I would look at the giant moose, cape buffalo, caribou and other mounts hanging on the walls and knew then that what I really wanted to do was to hunt BIG GAME and fantasized about hunting big game for many years.

I started hunting moose and deer in Quebec in the early 80’s. I was successful on my first “do it yourself moose hunt” that my friend and I had to paddle a canoe 10 hours to get to and after I hunted deer a few times I realized that the hunting in Quebec sucked so I decided to move out west and the first western province I moved to was Manitoba.

Had a lot of fun there hunting bears, where I bought a Hoyte Super Slam Supreme and was very successful on do it yourself bear hunts I even killed a Giant B&C bear there with it as well as many deer and moose to include a couple of deer and a moose in Saskatchewan. Again all of my hunts were do it yourself hunts

After being there for 11 years I was sick and tired of their winters and being an independent business owner their Corporate tax rate was unappreciated by me. I had friends living in Alberta bragging about their low tax rates, warmer winters and great Hunting, I pulled the pin and moved to Alberta in 2000.

Since I have lived in Alberta I have hunted most of the province and have killed more deer than I remember with my bow and rifles, I even forget how many moose to date some with my bow and most with my rifle. With the exception of 1 guided Elk hunt in Willmore Wilderness Park, all of my hunts have been “do it yourself” hunts and I have filled my freezers every year I have hunted in this great Province.

Another great thing about Alberta is that is it only a days drive to Terrace BC and Prince Rupert where I fish for Salmon, Halibut and Cod. I have fly fished the Skeena, the Copper and other rivers successfully and have caught my fair share of 50+ lbs. Chinook, lots of Coho, Halibut and Cod in the Pacific as well. My best day fishing was off the coast of Prince Rupert where we caught 26 salmon and 35 halibut.

Favorite Place in the World: Florida USA! I love fishing there for Tarpon and Sharks its a fisherman’s Paradise. I also love Scuba Diving there.

Biggest Regret: Not moving to Alberta as soon as I turned 18.

Pet Peeve: Blowhards that think they know it all and Liars.

Religion: Christian, Jesus is my Lord and Savior, Amen.

Favorite Hunting Forum: 24 Hour Campfire by a mile!

Only Wish: I had a second life so I could do all of the other things I have not been able to do in this lifetime!

Favorite Culture: American Culture, I love Americans and the USA, greatest Country and the best people I ever met.

Well that’s me and thank you for taking the time to read my late Introduction.

KB

That’s an amazing childhood and follow-up as an adult.

I’ve been hunting Stone Sheep, caribou, deer, etc for the past 25+ years and loving it. I also love going to Wyoming for DIY Pronghorn hunts. Mostly self taught as an adult. My childhood was family camping and the freshwater fishing that comes with that. Some shooting but very minimal hunting. As a kid I was the only one in the family obsessed with guns and hunting, so that forced my dad to try and make things happen, but very limited. No complaints at all just didn’t get much exposure to hunting as a kid. As an adult, I was and still am the driving force in family hunting with my sons, brother and nephews. There seems to always be one in a group or family that plans and makes things happen for everyone. I have one nephew that seems to have a similar drive for hunting so I think he’ll take over that roll some day.

But funny enough I’ve always wanted to hunt upland and waterfowl with shotguns and dogs. As a kid, the magazine articles and hunting shows featuring upland and waterfowl were always my favorite. One of these days I’ll make it happen. Life is short and it’s tough to find enough money and time to squeeze everything in ha ha.

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
By the way Bee, does your best gal look like this?[Linked Image from media.glamour.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by sns2
I see you’re still slinging the bullshit thicker than ever, Edmhunter. Psychopath. You do all this wealthy hunting and fishing out of your apartment.

I’m gonna have to see if you’re telling the boys you shoot pie plates at 500 yards offhand.

Well, Well, Well if it isn't sns2, do you mind if I call you sfb2, it describes you way better after all you are a S For Brains by a factor of 2.

You did notice that I did not respond to your idiotic PM and deleted it, didn’t you sfb2? God you are like a scorned woman stalking a lover after she gets dumped.

I predicted long ago that you, the biggest Moron and Posse Leader that Alberta Outdoorsman ever produced, would be on my trail and here you are, no surprise to me sfb2. The guy that almost single handedly destroyed and sucked the life out of a once great Hunting Forum and banned so many great hunters, that you trashed the site, you are so pathetic, you calf moose, killing freak.

Here is an example of one of your Brain Dead, Blowhard posts, knocking our American friend’s here, just a couple of weeks ago.

Hey RickshawT. What kind of phuqqing moron are you? A [bleep] ton of you guys gas your [bleep] trucks up cheap with our oil we sell you at a outrageous discount. Check it out phuqstick. But hey, you graduated from at least gr 6, so carry on.

So you think it’s smart to ridicule our American friends on a beautiful American Hunting forum? That is how stupid and ignorant you are sfb2, your true colors really shine with that post.

While you are at it why don’t you slam the Huskemaw here like you did on AO? If I recall correctly, you called it the Huskamowmow, and spouted off about how American Designed Scopes are trash. You are such a low brow azzhat.

After that why don’t you post the picture of the calf moose that you shot a couple of years ago, then post the picture that you posted on AO where you almost cut off your thumb when you butchered it, you cannot get any dumber then that sfb2.

Regarding freehand shooting some people can do it and some people can’t do it. You are obviously in the can’t category you looser. Matter of fact you should give up hunting, before you accidently shoot someone.

By the way dummy I live on a lake in a custom built home, not in an apartment Idiot. Below the picture of you wearing your prosthetic breasts is a picture of some pelicans I took from my shoreline sfb2.

If I recall correctly, your a teacher and you teach remedial woodworking, this is you in the picture below correct?

Do us all a favor and take your trash back to AO, where you belong, alright sfb2,

KB

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by KillerBee; 02/19/23.

KB

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I knew that would wake you up Pinocchio.

I will leave you alone while you go scrounge for quarters for the washer and dryer.

Just thought I’d tell the boys to ignore anything and everything you say, cuz it’s all make believe.

And, if banning your borderline personality disorder laden sorry ass 13 times makes me an [bleep], I’ll gladly wear that badge.

See ya in another few years.

Last edited by sns2; 02/18/23.
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
oh common sfb2 post the picture of the trophy calf moose you shot and the picture of your hand after you butchered your hand, opps I mean the calf moose?

Since you started this be a sport!

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 02/18/23.

KB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I knew that would wake you up Pinocchio.

I will leave you alone while you go scrounge for quarters for the washer and dryer.

Just thought I’d tell the boys to ignore anything and everything you say, cuz it’s all make believe.

And, if banning your borderline personality disorder laden sorry ass 13 times makes me an [bleep], I’ll gladly wear that badge.

See ya in another few years.

He was also banned multiple times on CGN, for posting nonsense that nobody more than 6 years old would believe. I wondered where he went after being banned from the Canadian forums.

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The AO Posse are cinched up and riding fast and furious again, as predicted lol

Still waiting for the trophy calf moose and severed thumb pictures, from sfb2, the AO Moderator that banned many skilled hunters?

KB

KB

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Hey sfb2!

This is what another member here thinks about your moderating on AO, and there are many more like us that feel the same way. Don't quit your day job, because you suck the big one with your immoral moderating practices.

Come on sfb2, post the picture of your trophy calf moose and your self mutilated hand while butchering it. We can all have a good belly laugh at your ineptitude and butchering skills, or are you still a puzzy?

Originally Posted by bridger2010
Thanks for the replies guys.

The AO Forum is a joke. As far as I can tell, they booted me off because the moderators and their 1000+-post buddies don't like being challenged. They like to live in their comfy little oblivious bubbles. When someone comes along to challenge them, they invent "rules" that they use to justify censorship. No different than Facebook and Twitter. A bunch of collectivist NPCs running around repeating stuff they heard somewhere else but don't really understand.

I emailed the AO Editor a couple of times and got no response. I'll never buy their crappy $9.00 magazine again lol.

Anyway, I could spend days pointing out their hypocrisy and lack of moral standards, but I have better things to do.

Before being given the boot, a few people AO members reached out to me privately and indicated that they were of the same mindset but didn't feel like they were able to express themselves on AO.

So, I guess the point of this post is to fly a flag for those free-thinking moral people from Alberta and beyond to get to know each other a little bit and maybe chat about things.

KB

KB

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Hello sfb2 aka sns2,

We are still waiting to see the picture of your trophy calf moose and your butchered hand, what's holding you up sfb2?

In the neurotic PM that you sent me last week, which I delete without responding, you stated that "the Alberta Outdoorsman forum has gone to chit", what a laugh I had.

Let me give a clue why, it's because you were moderating the site, you moron! You and your brain dead Ilk have banned some of the most knowledgeable hunters and fisherman in Alberta, because they confronted you with your BS.

Before I was banned I PM'ed with several of these people on the Banned list below, they all think that you are a world class Azzhole, me included.

You will notice that I put my handle first on the list, because I am proud to be on the list of intelligent hunters that know more about hunting and fishing than you will ever know about the subject. It's anti-free speech fruits like you that destroy great forms, dummy.

So now you know why AO has in your words "Has gone to chit" it's because of idiots and liars like you. So me being banned from your little circle jerk isn't a one off, it's par for the course sfb2.

Partial list of excellent and knowledgeable Alberta Hunters and Fishermen that are Banned AO Members

Edmhunter
Kurt505
purgatory.sv
^v^Tinda wolf^v^
HunterDave
Norwest Alta
gitrdun
rugatika
RandyBoBandy
waterninja
IronNoggin
bobalong
Weedy1
greylynx
Xbolt7mm
grouse_hunter
midgetwaiter
silverdoctor
bb356
patriot1
bigskinner
Big Daddy Badger
ishootbambi
alta270
cardshark
bridger2010
drhu22
Freedom55
Newview01
normstad
Fisherpeak
SlightlyDistracting
Newellknik
play.soccer
fargineyesore
bobtodrick
wildbill
elkdump
Mangosteen
Wolfslayer
Shawnw
Rio56
Whocares1
TBD
AlbertaWhitetail
deerassassin
parfleche
greenwood1
LCCFisherman

Last edited by KillerBee; 02/19/23.

KB

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Well....if this thread is your "introduction" of yourself to the world, then I'd say that everyone has seen all they need to see. Wow. lol

P.S. You're embarrassing yourself. And the rest of Canada.

Last edited by albertadave; 02/19/23.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
See how quickly I smoked you out with the PM. You’ve never been too smart. You fall for all the traps that even simple moderators learn in a hurry when dealing with psychos like you. All I had to do was feed into your hurt weenie over being banned on AO more than any loser in history. And the moderators at CGN say the same thing or worse. I don’t usually waste my time with guys like you, but really… over half of those guys on that list weren’t even banned when I was a moderator. You should also know that any time anyone is banned, it is a vote by all the moderators and the administrator of the site, so don’t give yourself any credit. CGN is the same. Each time you were banned, all the moderators agreed that the number of member complaints about you had risen to such a level that you were a detriment to the forum. Truth hurts. Now, I’ve said my piece. Go back under the bridge now.

But fellas, if you wanna know something about this guy. Many of the names he puts on his list are his own usernames of which he had so many it was bizarre why anyone would go to such lengths.

PS: If you wouldn’t have passed yourself off as something you’re not, I wouldn’t have said anything, but your bullshit was just too thick.

PPS: I can afford groceries, so I can shoot a calf moose and be quite pleased with the quality of the meat. Guys, a calf moose is even a specific draw in many regions of Alberta.

Last edited by sns2; 02/19/23.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (10ring1, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,892 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,525
Posts18,452,804
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.