Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
There is an annual exclusion, and a lifetime exemption. Reporting of the lifetime exemption is done on a 709.
Two different things, somewhat linked, as exceeding the annual exclusion requires reporting an update to the 709. It follows for a lifetime.

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Google, Amazon, and Union Pacific.

And each parent can give each adult kid $17k each year without gift tax.

Unless your net worth is over 11 million dollars, there is no gift tax on any amount at this point

Are you sure about this? Are you talking an inheritance or just a gift?

Positive. Gift.

Do it ASAP as the Biteme administration will be changing the rules to butfugg the people soon

According to the IRS it’s $17,000 for 2023 to as many people as you want and same for your wife if filing jointly meaning you can give $34,000 to the same person, for example.

I’d like to know more about what you’re talking about and if there is an approved way to give unlimited without tax implications.

Check with your CPA or attorney

Unless your net worth exceeds 11 million, there is no gift tax to the giver and no tax to the receiver. A basis is established for property value at the time of giving so that any capital gains can be calculated if the property is sold.

I would think that applies if you’re gifting cash as well

That’s the way it was in 2022 at least. I know first hand

Many thanks and I’ll run the traps on that with my CPA pretty soon.

There surely have been anomalies and variations from stated regulations in the past like Baby Bush’s exemptions on Long Term Capital Gains back in 2008. That may still be in effect, not sure.

Then there was Trump’s move on RMD’s a few years ago during the Covid pandemic that allowed folks to not take their RMD without penalty or if they did take it, they were allowed to put the total amount back into their retirement accounts before a certain date, again without penalty.

Thanks again for your reply.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Fidelity Contrafund
FCNKX:NASDAQ

Quote | Exchange | USD
Last | 02/02/23 EST
quote price arrow up+0.31 (+2.36%)

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I'm investing in my kids - their houses. Cut out the mortgage guys. They pay me back monthly. If we don't need it in the meantime, it's their forced savings account when we croak. Wish I had bought Exxon/Mobil when Blackrock was driving them out of the oil business. That paid off splendidly for someone I know. You can bet on Reality long term and the dollar going down. That's all I know, with no idea how to exploit it. Real Estate is a cash cow - in the Tax Collector's barn. At least it's tangible in limited supply.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
I'm investing in my kids - their houses. Cut out the mortgage guys. They pay me back monthly. If we don't need it in the meantime, it's their forced savings account when we croak. Wish I had bought Exxon/Mobil when Blackrock was driving them out of the oil business. That paid off splendidly for someone I know. You can bet on Reality long term and the dollar going down. That's all I know, with no idea how to exploit it. Real Estate is a cash cow - in the Tax Collector's barn. At least it's tangible in limited supply.
Same here, if you have a piece of land You can always take a piss or plant a potato on it.

IC B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I bought Advanced Auto Parts today , does that count ? Only $3,000 though.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad

I’ve never not done well on a real estate purchase. Some luck, I’m sure, that I’ve not bought at the peaks. I’d never want my kids owing me money. Seems like it would change the dynamic. I’d always want the kids to be free to tell me off. Not saying wouldn’t work for others, though.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

257 members (348srfun, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 29 invisible), 2,279 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,468
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.