Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Skywag,

When you get a chance can we get more pics of the opposite side of the stocks and maybe a few from different angles?

“Factio democratica delenda est"
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
laugh

Get in line AK….. grin

Bottom feeders all

I'll start the line for the walnut stocked beauties

Sharks in the water…. Watch out for that NYR…. Heard he’s crafty.

Beretzs, if you buy one of these, you could always sell me Bob's old rifle...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by easttex
Jkob, someone recently posted that PRC stocks were designed by Al Biesen and Cloward made the molds. I have no idea if that is true.

The owners of Pacific Research got hold of a Cloward stock, put it on a pantomime, and built the molds off of it. Cloward had nothing to do with it, and I was told, wasn't asked for permission. Apparently he didn't care.

I had several PR stocks.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Beautiful rifles Skywag.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
laugh

Get in line AK….. grin

Bottom feeders all

I'll start the line for the walnut stocked beauties

Sharks in the water…. Watch out for that NYR…. Heard he’s crafty.

Beretzs, if you buy one of these, you could always sell me Bob's old rifle...

Don’t take offense, but that rifle will never leave my paws till I’m room temperature.

Semper Fi
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He also built built some of the best cross the course and Palma rifles I have ever handled.
I have a 338-06 rifle with a Mauser Rimrock/Borden stock FS on the classifieds. Best ergos of all my synthetics

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Brad
Jkob, someone recently posted that PRC stocks were designed by Al Biesen and Cloward made the molds. I have no idea if that is true.

The owners of Pacific Research got hold of a Cloward stock, put it on a pantomime, and built the molds off of it. Cloward had nothing to do with it, and I was told, wasn't asked for permission. Apparently he didn't care.

I had several PR stocks.

That’s great intel Brad. Thanks for that.

He looked like a helluva smith.

Semper Fi
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I had several PR stocks.

This is where it came from - 2008 thread …

Originally Posted by Jim_Borden
Guys
The stock making equipment is for sale. We need to focus on making actions.

Al Bieson actually designed the shape of the stock and Jim Cloward made the original masters for the molds.

There are still some of the blems/seconds left and they are as is---and they are blanks. We have tried to be real clear about that. But for $100 for a $250 blank--that should work for most folks.
Jim

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

I had several PR stocks.

This is where it came from - 2008 thread …

Originally Posted by Jim_Borden
Guys
The stock making equipment is for sale. We need to focus on making actions.

Al Bieson actually designed the shape of the stock and Jim Cloward made the original masters for the molds.

There are still some of the blems/seconds left and they are as is---and they are blanks. We have tried to be real clear about that. But for $100 for a $250 blank--that should work for most folks.
Jim

Thanks AK. That is right from the horses mouth. Borden later called that stock the Rimrock as well.. Great ergos on that one. If I find another one cheap, I'm going to snag it...

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
All of those things could still be true.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
All of those things could still be true.

Yes - I do think they are, because Jim Borden told me about the Cloward stock being pantomimed. I bought two from Jim over twenty years ago when they were call Rimrock's. But I'm a bit hazy on the details, as this was around 2001.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by skywag
Just for fun. JK has passed...........but his art remains.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

I'm looking at a beautiful one right now. Scoped with an older gloss Leupold and $2,000.00. Doesn't seem like a bad deal.

BSA MAGA
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

I'm looking at a beautiful one right now. Scoped with an older gloss Leupold and $2,000.00. Doesn't seem like a bad deal.

If you decide not to buy it, please forward me the info on that rifle!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Woodsman1991

If you decide not to buy it, please forward me the info on that rifle!

It's an oddball. Not too many here would want it. However, it is a beautiful rifle. Price is also a reflection of the oddball cartridge it houses. I contacted the seller and he has not responded yet. Probably a gunshop that is not open on Monday's, like so many of them out there. If I end up buying it, I'll start a thread on it.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I had several PR stocks.

Except they built M70's, Mausers, Rugers, and 700 stocks. I spoke with Jim several times. And he told me he built the patterns for the original Rimrock PR stocks. Doesn't make any difference. They are top shelf stocks.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I was just asking my buddy that dealt with Cloward a lot throughout the years beginning way back when he had his tiny shop just north of the Aurora bridge. When we were reminiscing my buddy said “you know the very first time I walked into his shop I almost walked out immediately. I have dealt with opinionated ass holes in the the gunsmithing industry mostly the old timers but I had never met anyone more opinionated and rude as I had the first time I met Cloward. I didn’t walk out and I’m glad because once I figured out how to deal with him he was a great resource for pre-64 Winchester model 70’s.”

Cloward is still alive but he’s dealing with “late stage dementia” and perhaps Parkinson’s. He was without a doubt a gifted gunsmith that was a great with pre-64 model 70’s.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
VarmintFinger….I’m glad that you love your Cloward model 70’s I’m sure they’re very decent for the money.

PS….That’s a pretty amazing story.. what with you investigating a robbery at his shop and all you guys were probably as close as brothers. 😂

Did you actually CATCH the robbers (burglars)?….finish the story. Sheesh.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I was just asking my buddy that dealt with Cloward a lot throughout the years beginning way back when he had his tiny shop just north of the Aurora bridge. When we were reminiscing my buddy said “you know the very first time I walked into his shop I almost walked out immediately. I have dealt with opinionated ass holes in the the gunsmithing industry mostly the old timers but I had never met anyone more opinionated and rude as I had the first time I met Cloward. I didn’t walk out and I’m glad because once I figured out how to deal with him he was a great resource for pre-64 Winchester model 70’s.”

Cloward is still alive but he’s dealing with “late stage dementia” and perhaps Parkinson’s. He was without a doubt a gifted gunsmith that was a great with pre-64 model 70’s.

I like that story. He sure knew his way around a pre 64 model 70.

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Without a doubt he knew the pre-64 model 70 as well as anyone. He was one of the “old school” gunsmiths that took pride in his craftsmanship and it showed.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Without a doubt he knew the pre-64 model 70 as well as anyone. He was one of the “old school” gunsmiths that took pride in his craftsmanship and it showed.

It shows in every one of his rifles builds. They are beautiful.

BSA MAGA
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (10gaugeman, 21, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1234, 17CalFan, 53 invisible), 3,337 guests, and 1,125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,294
Posts18,467,986
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.