Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
DugE Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I read many great reviews on this scope. I didn’t believe it would actually rival alpha Euro glass as some had stated. But the Japanese Schott ED glass piqued my interest. Add in that cool graphite finish, I had to have one.

I make no claim to being an optics guru. I do have nice scopes. I mainly use my optics for hunting scenarios. So if you need a drop test or a ladder test or some other criteria, you’ll be disappointed with this report. If you want to know how this scope compared to others in a real world comparison, here goes.

The Tract Toric UHD 3-15x50 was bested in every way by my Japanese Bushnell Elite 4500 2.5-10x50. I really wanted a different outcome. I’d bought the Toric for a particular rifle it would look awesome on. But it was not the optical equal to the Elite 4500. With both scopes set to equal magnification the Elite was clearly the better sight picture. I didn’t go further to compare it to a Zeiss or Leica. There was no use.

I would give Tract Optics very high marks for customer service. Fast shipment. And fast refund.

I also am not saying the Tract is junk. The LOW produced Elites are nice optics. They aren’t equal to alpha Euros, though.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I’ve found that those Elite’s and Weaver’s,made by LOW,are all I really need for my hunting.Thanks for the comparison…

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
The Korean made Elites still look like a decent value, what’s the issue w them?

There's always hope as long as there's lead in the air.
D
DugE Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I didn’t speak to an issue with Korean made Elites. I pointed out the one I used here was Japanese production because most folks ask about coo with those scopes.

I like my Korean Elite 4500 4-16x50 better than the Tract as well at half the price.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I guess to each their own, I have one of these scopes and have no issue with it and will be ordering another.
they compare favorably with other brands that I have. must admit that I'm not a huge Bushnell honk though

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
Well.. It's been awhile since I owned a 4500 (2.5-10x40)... When I did, I thought it stood in the same ballpark as my Leupold Vx 2s. It really didn't impress on any level. It was not junk or bad.. just another low dollar scope.

My Tract Toric (3-15x50) stands easily with my Swarovski z5 and Leupold VX 5HD for clarity and low light... I'm a set and forget guy so I have no "knob turning" comment.

I'm fairly convinced that the Tract outshone the Bushnell by an easy margin.

I'm ok when a $700 scope outperforms a $350.00 scope.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Threads like this and my own experiences lead me to believe that some optics simply work better with our eyes than others.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
VX5HD smokes a Toric.......I do have the 15x56 Tract Toric Binos and they are very nice, lightweight, and good ergos for "the size". Glass isn't outstanding, close to a $600 pair of Athlon Cronus 15x56 (very slightly better glass in the Tract), but overall package is much nicer and build quality is better than the Chinese Athlons.

D
DugE Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I mean no harm to TRACT as a company. I wish them success. I didn't post this as an argument with nor a rebuke to anyone. I just thought my perspective might be illuminating to someone else. I really like to hear what other folks think about products, especially ones that are mail-order.

waterdoctor stated, "I'm fairly convinced that the TRACT outshone the Bushnell by an easy margin." I can assure you that it did not. I can also assure you that I am not a liar. I hope I'm misunderstanding your intent with that statement.

I don't have a Swaro Z5 to know how it would stack up to any scope. I do have Leica ERi, Zeiss Victory HT, S&B Klassik, Zeiss V4, Meopta Optika5, Trijicon Credo, etc. All of these scopes are better optically than the Elite 4500 I compared to the TRACT Toric.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by DugE
I mean no harm to TRACT as a company. I wish them success. I didn't post this as an argument with nor a rebuke to anyone. I just thought my perspective might be illuminating to someone else. I really like to hear what other folks think about products, especially ones that are mail-order.

waterdoctor stated, "I'm fairly convinced that the TRACT outshone the Bushnell by an easy margin." I can assure you that it did not. I can also assure you that I am not a liar. I hope I'm misunderstanding your intent with that statement.

I don't have a Swaro Z5 to know how it would stack up to any scope. I do have Leica ERi, Zeiss Victory HT, S&B Klassik, Zeiss V4, Meopta Optika5, Trijicon Credo, etc. All of these scopes are better optically than the Elite 4500 I compared to the TRACT Toric.

My experience is 180 from yours I find Tract Toric glass and precision to be excellent infact very comparable to my S&Bs

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
So because you’re a hunter and this is a “real world “ test, as you put it…. Only the characteristics of the glass matter, not durability after impact or ability to track properly and return to and hold zero. Got it. Thanks! I love helpful, real world critiques!

Last edited by SDHNTR; 02/03/23.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
So because you’re a hunter and this is a “reality world “ test, as you put it…. Only the characteristics of the glass matter, not durability or ability to track properly and return to and hold zero. Got it. Thanks! I love helpful, real world critiques!

I have found the Tract Toric scope to track perfectly and return to zero.
Lost year I used 2 different bullets while hunting and ther was a 1 1/2 MOA difference in my 200 yard zero and I adjusted each time o went from one to the other and the tracking wS perfect each time to the point that I just adjusted with reconfirming zero and it never failed when taking an animal.

Last edited by jwp475; 02/03/23.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
D
DugE Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I debated posting because of the arrogant comments sure to come from a few.

For guys like me who still hunt whitetail deer in the SE, dialing often doesn’t matter. Most guys I know never shoot beyond 200 yards.

“Real world” means in the outdoors looking at wildlife and leaves rustling in the breeze, not standing in a store trying to gauge how well a scope will fit your needs.

Yes, to me the characteristics of the glass matter most in higher end scopes as long as they hold zero. The only real issue I’ve had with a higher end scope failing was the reticle turning in a Leica ER. They sent me a new scope.

I hope all of you have a great weekend.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I debated posting because of the arrogant comments sure to come from a few.

For guys like me who still hunt whitetail deer in the SE, dialing often doesn’t matter. Most guys I know never shoot beyond 200 yards.

“Real world” means in the outdoors looking at wildlife and leaves rustling in the breeze, not standing in a store trying to gauge how well a scope will fit your needs.

Yes, to me the characteristics of the glass matter most in higher end scopes as long as they hold zero. The only real issue I’ve had with a higher end scope failing was the reticle turning in a Leica ER. They sent me a new scope.

I hope all of you have a great weekend.
That’s great that your scopes suit your needs. Your post just came off in such a way that inferred glass quality was all that matters and that things like drop durability and tracking were unimportant in the “real world”. I, and most others here, would ardently debate that point.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Dug, I respect your opinion and will argue for you to be able to post it. However, please allow others with different outcomes the same opportunity. I own several Tract scopes and the 15x56 binos and find them extremely bright, clear and well worth the money. As to how they would compare with another scope, such as an Elite 4500, I suspect if 10 of us lined up and did the comparison of the two optics, we'd all have somewhat different notes.
Enjoy your weekend.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
D
DugE Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I was attempting to give full disclosure that my remarks wouldn’t include those tests many here value. I didn’t mean to imply they’re useless.

So many guys I know only go to the range to check zero before opening day of gun season. Dialing is the last thing on their minds. Hunting in AL isn’t like hunting open plains.

What matters to me and most guys I know is whether we can see a deer in very poor light. Some days here it’s really dark before legal shooting light is over.

I posted my experience because it differed from some I’ve read online. There will be some who will benefit from that.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Any decent scope will allow you to see deer under 200 yards in nearly dark.

Those guys who “only go to the range to check zero before opening day of gun season” need to shoot more. If they did, they may want more from their scopes.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J

Those guys who “only go to the range to check zero before opening day of gun season” need to shoot more. If they did, they may want more from their scopes.

Explain to us how that's any of your business what other hunters do? I've had a Toric for several years on an '06, 7mag, 260Rem, and 6.5CM and it's been superb and likely accounted for more deer, hogs, and yotes than you will in 10 lifetimes, but whatever you say......

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Tract Toric UHD 3-15x50 was bested in every way by my Japanese Bushnell Elite 4500 2.5-10x50. I really wanted a different outcome. I’d bought the Toric for a particular rifle it would look awesome on. But it was not the optical equal to the Elite 4500. With both scopes set to equal magnification the Elite was clearly the better sight picture. I didn’t go further to compare it to a Zeiss or Leica. There was no use.

I would give Tract Optics very high marks for customer service. Fast shipment. And fast refund.

I also am not saying the Tract is junk. The LOW produced Elites are nice optics. They aren’t equal to alpha Euros, though.

Hey Dug, thanks for the report. I appreciate the comparison evaluation. It'd help if you elaborated on what criteria were used for your "sight picture" though. Was it seeing deer in low light, or other things?

Last edited by 4th_point; 02/03/23.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Explain to us how that's any of your business what other hunters do? I've had a Toric for several years on an '06, 7mag, 260Rem, and 6.5CM and it's been superb and likely accounted for more deer, hogs, and yotes than you will in 10 lifetimes, but whatever you say......

That’s funny. And you use a scope from a company that came to market the day before yesterday to support your statement. Thanks for the chuckle. I own a Toric too, it’s just a scope. Relax.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 16penny, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 55 invisible), 2,204 guests, and 1,129 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,205
Posts18,466,106
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.